1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best software for elearning portals

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by fileultra, Feb 6, 2018.

Can someone please suggest what kind of software is best for creating elearning portals similar to
    https://intellipaat.com
    https://bigclasses.com
    http://www.keentechnologies.com
    The sites allow users to pay, enter restricted members area and attend pre recorded videos or participate in live, instructor led classes via webex or gotomeeting.
    I found few WP themes and plugins. Moodle has been suggested as well.
    Does anyone have a good idea which software is likely to be the best?
    Thanks in advance for any hints.

fileultra, Feb 6, 2018 IP
  2. kennedygitahi

kennedygitahi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Hello,

Wordpress with a plugin customized to your needs would be the best and easiest way to go. There are some PHP softwares out there but I haven't tried any of them because most of them have old, unsecured code. If you need help building something like this, you can PM me and we can discuss it.

Thanks,
    Kennedy

kennedygitahi, Feb 6, 2018 IP
  3. kk5st

kk5st Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Please keep your conversation on the open forum. If you take it private, nobody benefits but the OP. That is contrary to the purpose of the community.

gary

kk5st, Feb 6, 2018 IP
    malky66 likes this.
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Moodle is meant to be good. I last played with it about 10 years ago but I know someone evaluating it at the moment and it appears to have gone from strength to strength.

sarahk, Feb 6, 2018 IP
  5. fileultra

fileultra Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Everyone. Thanks for responding. Kennedy is right about using WP with some plugins. The most well known are Eduma, Learnpress, learndash, wpmls etc. There are also some cloud based solutions available on monthly charges. open edx is another free option. Moodle is pretty good.
    wp options are a bit difficult to customize. Adding new courses is a pain as it takes several mouse clicks. a php based solution might be more appropriate but that comes with code security risks.
    Another very big pain point is to find instructors and courses.

fileultra, Feb 7, 2018 IP
  6. kellyrose

kellyrose Active Member

Best Answers:
    I observed some of the prominent E learning companies like Simplilearn, Edureka, Udemy are having incredible User Friendly websites and updating regularly, we should inspire from that kind of state of websites. I think they designed by custom php programming.

kellyrose, Feb 12, 2018 IP