1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which skills are the most profitable ones?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by CoreCrystal, Dec 20, 2017.

I'm thinking of learning a new skill, since the freelancing writing market is so inundated with cheap labor. I spend more time looking for writing gigs than actually working.

Which ones would you suggest, to be able to start earning about $350 per month, within 2 months?

• affiliate marketing
    • video editing
    • video content making
    • logo design
    I'm not sure if all of those are not already super competitive, so newcomers have low chance of starting to earn money..

Or something else, it has to be something that will not be automated in the near future (as most things will), but will always depend on the human mind.

CoreCrystal, Dec 20, 2017 IP
  2. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure if you're already knowledgeable but I suggest that you concentrate on marketing skills. Learn how to market and you can find success in any of those business models.

JoeSpirit, Dec 20, 2017 IP
  3. CoreCrystal

CoreCrystal Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, that kind of advice is not useful in the slightest.

Marketing yourself doesn't matter much when tens of thousands of people are doing the same thing, and for longer.

4. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry you feel that way. In my opinion, an important marketing skill is learning how to differentiate yourself so that you stand out from the crowd.

JoeSpirit, Dec 20, 2017 IP
  5. CoreCrystal

CoreCrystal Peon

Best Answers:
    Is anyone involved with affiliate marketing?

If I start now, how much would I make within a month, and how much time per day would I have to invest?

6. Abu Waqar Arif

Abu Waqar Arif Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    Start a business if you've capital to invest, I run many small businesses like ebook publishing, freelancing, ghostwriting, graphic designing, web designing etc.

Abu Waqar Arif, Dec 20, 2017 IP
  7. Sanjay Mitaliya

Sanjay Mitaliya Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are really good with design skills I will suggest you to go with logo designing. And side by side if you have some amount to invest you can also choose Affiliate marketing...

Sanjay Mitaliya, Dec 20, 2017 IP
  8. HostService

HostService Member

Best Answers:
    For sure design and video editing are better paid, however you need to be really good in this to get orders. I would recommend you to learn something you like or where you have some experience. Remember, if you are a good professional you will be fairly paid in every niche.

HostService, Dec 20, 2017 IP
  9. robinymym

robinymym Active Member

Best Answers:
    Affiliate marketing or video content may be? depends if you're good at those

robinymym, Dec 22, 2017 IP
  10. Greg Ramos

Greg Ramos Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Its best try doing something that is not over saturated , Think outside the box. What brings in money or sales these days is being different.

If your able to provide or create something that others can not do then that is something you want to do as its all about supply and demand these days.

Out of the four things you listed I would try looking at video editing and logo design.

for the other two video content making that can be a bit hard because you have to make the content and have the content to make the contact if you know where I am coming from and as for affiliate marketing almost everyone these days do that.

Greg Ramos, Dec 23, 2017 IP
  11. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I hate posts like these.... Each of those jobs have people making six figures....and you're looking to make $350. Think about it.......... Just pick what interests you and do it...... $350 is barely a goal. I'd be pissed if that's all I made.

NetStar, Dec 24, 2017 IP
  12. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    Every skill sells, regardless of what it is. It's a matter of finding the right audience to sell to. Take some time to try everything that you think you can be good at. Do not ask others what's best for you.

Clive, Dec 28, 2017 IP
  13. Bella Lopez

Bella Lopez Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Everything requires patience and persistence. Even I am a freelancer writer and I know what you're talking about. But really, it does take time. However, if you're so keen on learning a new skill or opportunity, you can try to go for other freelance services like logo design, video content making and editing as you had mentioned. You can also set up your own dropshipping store to sell the items online and get a reasonable ROI on it.

Bella Lopez, Jan 11, 2018 IP
  14. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    What skill is most profitable is the one you're interested in most. It won't do much if you will take on a skill you aren't really interested in; you'll simply forget or disregard it later, even if it might be profitable. What is really profitable is a skill you are good in and you think you can earn using it.

Milliardo, Jan 11, 2018 IP
  15. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    For quicker earnings, I'd go with something immediately marketable, such as photo editing, voice overs, Word Press editing. Things that you could do on Fiverr. See if you can sign up as a Pro and you have a great chance of earning that much just in one gig.

In the long run, I'd say programming has the best income potential. Especially if you can program for mobile devices.

usasportstraining, Jan 11, 2018 IP
  16. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Content making especially original content will be better as it is harder to be replicated by others.

wisdomtool, Jan 12, 2018 IP
  17. Pamela Turns

Pamela Turns Active Member

Best Answers:
    I guess, affiliate marketing is more of a trend nowadays.

Pamela Turns, Jan 15, 2018 IP
  18. Mejer

Mejer Member

Best Answers:
    Designers are doing very well making a serious money online. So, I would recommend logo design. But, you need to have decent skills for that job. If you have it, then great. If not, learn.

Mejer, Feb 2, 2018 IP
  19. cintasejati

cintasejati Active Member

Best Answers:
    One of the best choice is affiliate marketing skill , every company , small or big , always need people who has selling capabilty . But you can add
    video editing and video content as another valuaded skill to support your passion.Work with the best company in any industry is the main key for gaining success

cintasejati, Feb 3, 2018 IP
  20. June H.

June H. Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If I had to pick a single skill it would be copywriting.
    If you’re a great copywriter, you can essentially turn your words into stacks of money.

You can use your skills in:
    • Your own content
    • Email lists
    • Landing pages
    • Sales pages
    And more.

Whether you’re doing affiliate marketing or selling your own products, it gets a whole lot easier if you know what to do with your words.
    Also, if you’re good at it, there’s usually a high demand for you in the freelancer market.
    If you’re an experienced copywriter, you can even work with high-level product creators on their launches (huge payment potential).

I'm just getting started with it, but I look forward to what the future brings

June H., Feb 3, 2018 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.