1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can I sue my cyber stalker for emotional distress after 4 years of abuse?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by RandomInternetDude, Jan 27, 2018.

It's a very long story but the short version is, he's hunting people down over a webcomic called pure light.

I'm not even joking.

Initially 4 years ago, he harassed the original artist of the comic, demanding her to remove the comic and delete it but after several warnings and blocking both his alias accounts and random strangers he sent after her, she made a public journal on Deviantart.

At that time I was working in an anti-theft/harassment group and someone showed me the journal, so I checked it out and gave advice to the artist in the comment section on how to deal with it and to save evidence to show admin so they could ip ban/block him.

Not long after, killie/dragonninja messaged me privately and asked me to hack the artist's account to delete the account. Prior to this I have never claimed to be able to hack in my life but after responding that what he was doing was cyber stalking and that he should ignore the comic if he hated it so much, I looked at the comment section again and noticed he had replied to almost every single comment.

Later I received a notification that killie made an attack post directed at myself and other individuals who wouldn't help him harass/attack the artist and notified us. When we confronted him about it, he edited the journal and changed it to look like he was the victim but again we were notified and again called him out on it.

The posts were deleted after being reported but dragonninja/killie continued this cycle for a while but started searching around for individual's personal information and started harassing the artist even more, even verbally abusing their sibling for drawing fan art of that comic.

Eventually these incidents continued and continued until his 5 main accounts and a few more aliases were banned for the exact same behaviour.

He then began to stalk me over several websites. Every single website I used, he would stalk and threaten and blackmail me, demanding me to apologise for "attacking" him.

I took screenshots of everything he did and posted then in this journal:
    https://craftymaelyss.deviantart.com/journal/killie-has-become-even-more-dangerous-722223575

This journal shows all of his harassment that he sent to others and to myself and this continued on for months.

Eventually killie/dragonninja took it too far and started targeting my family. He went onto facebook and started harassing my mother, who asked me about the incident. When I explained what was happening, she replied to killie's message telling him to f*ck off and blocked him, however he responded by sending random strangers after her like this:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/406691290877657089/406694040252448769/unknown.png

At this point I had had enough and through his facebook account that messaged me, I found his parents and showed them what was happening. He got into trouble(he's 24, so he's not a child) and was told not to go near anyone or the same websites ever again, however he ignored it and continued the harassment on an even bigger scale, finding people's full names, photos and posting them to hate groups to get individuals to attack myself and them. He even impersonated my online business to try and get my account on tumblr shut down that I had open for commissions.

killie went back into his habits and in the past when he made an apology, someone found his public post that showed him talking about assassins/hitmen and looking for my real name.

He continued this harassment and kept increasing and increasing his offences, becoming more unstable and obsessive, treating people like objects and demanding dragon artists to draw his blue dragon character "to prove their loyalty to him"

After his parents were notified about this ongoing offences, they intervened but killie's harassment only continued from there and now the only option I see left is to take it to court. The only problem is, is that he is in Belgium and I am in Australia. I want to sue him and his parents for 4 years of emotional distress that could have been avoided if they had actually intervened when they were first asked and yes, they have seen the exact same evidence that I have shown here.

Long story short:
    Can I sue my cyber stalker for emotional distress and press charges for him to go to prison so he can't do this to anyone else? He's done this to hundreds to thousands of individuals. Also yes I have tried going to the poilce, I emailed my state's police however despite their website saying they would respond in 48 hours, it's been 4 months and I checked to make sure it was the official website.
    I have evidence of him saying that he wants to kill me, that he would come at me with a knife and fake his own death if the police came after his. He's said that he would kill my family and he has my photo, full name and one of my old addresses which I didn't post online. He has also said that sometimes he wants to kill his own parents for not helping him carry out his sick hobby.

I really need help on this, since every time I have tried to contact a lawyer online, I'm lead to a shady website operated by a bot, so that's why I'm asking here for advice from all of you if there is anything I should keep in mind or do during this process.

Link to all screenshot evidence:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s53a3rsali4xt1o/AAANqVEW4oY6ricHPXL0hb14a?dl=0
    https://craftymaelyss.deviantart.com/journal/killie-has-become-even-more-dangerous-722223575

I made the public warning post because after I first posted the original one, I found more and more people who had also been targeted by killie stepping forward with more screenshot evidence of his abuse towards them and their friends.

This harassment is still going onto this day and it's caused myself and hundreds if not thousands of people to become severely distressed or worried to the point of becoming very ill. I've had to change my public profiles online to private which again interferes with my work as clients have a harder time finding me and blocking and ignoring him does not work.

Again I have 4 years worth of screenshots and evidence of him doing this and even one where he talks about framing me as a terrorist. Regardless, I want to sue him and put him away behind bars so this does not happen again.

RandomInternetDude, Jan 27, 2018 IP
  2. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You can sue anyone for any reason....
    however, since you both live in two different countries,
    then it is unlikely; Lets say he was charged for "harassment"
    you would have to attend court in his jurisdiction, and the
    burden of proof is on you, and is very difficult to win
    a case based on "emotional" distress, and the judge
    is going to say, why do you keep visiting these sites, as you
    appear to be feeding into this as much as the other person....

I would recommend that you stop feeding into the other person...
    change your alias, or delete your account and stay off the internet; It is in your
    power to keep running into this person or avoid him/her altogether...

dscurlock, Jan 28, 2018 IP
  3. HostDash

HostDash Well-Known Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    I would take it to the parents once more and state if it doesn't stop you will evaluate your legal options as you just can't continue after 4 years. They may have tried to intervene already yet failed but if you point out you're not going to take this anymore, they might intervene better.

HostDash, Jan 29, 2018 IP
  4. RandomInternetDude

RandomInternetDude Peon

Best Answers:
    The problem is, he's coming to my websites where I'm running my business. I can't close down my business because of this unstable stalker. That's like quitting your job because your stalker keeps turning up at work. This is affecting my job and that's why I can't leave the websites because not only was I there first, I am literally using it for my business.

RandomInternetDude, Jan 29, 2018 IP
  5. RandomInternetDude

RandomInternetDude Peon

Best Answers:
    The fact is, there were more then aware but after seeing him become more active, they started to ignore his actions so hopefully a lawsuit would make them actually intervene. It's not just online bullying, he's breaking several laws and distributing my name, photo and address to individuals asking them to kill me.

RandomInternetDude, Jan 29, 2018 IP
  6. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Have you tried contacting the local police in his town? Maybe even contact the Australian embassy in Belgium and ask if they could help. Other than that, I don't know what you could do legally.

Personally, I'd suggest creating a new persona, new email, new phone number, etc. Make it tough for the idiot to find you. It's a pain, but it's better than being harassed.

usasportstraining, Jan 30, 2018 IP
  7. RandomInternetDude

RandomInternetDude Peon

Best Answers:
    That is a really good idea but as for the persona change, I'm not going to do that because I worked really hard to create my image that is also associated with my business and I am not throwing away years and years of work because of an unstable psychopath. Again contacting the police in his area is a really good idea and with the evidence I have it will be enough to stop him. Thank you so much for the advice!

RandomInternetDude, Feb 1, 2018 IP
    usasportstraining likes this.
  8. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    That makes sense. In a way, it's like identity theft, in that he's hijacking and harassing your good name.

usasportstraining, Feb 2, 2018 IP
  9. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You should be able to file a police report in your area, then have it transfer to his area,
    and once that is done, then contact the police in his area and see if they would be willing
    to pay him a visit, keep in mind, this may anger him even more, and if any court proceedings
    should take place, then you will have to make a visit. If he has been charged for making
    threats against you, then he could be charged if the prosecutor sees fit to do so....

It will be far more difficult for you to prove your case (even with evidence) he would no
    doubt have an attorney, the burden is on you, and you have to appear in the court
    jurisdiction of where-ever he is, then you would have to hire an atty on top of that....

It is far easier just to forget about him, and move on....
    as your case maybe more difficult then you think it maybe...
    and you really should consult an attorney....

dscurlock, Feb 7, 2018 IP
  10. arnold2001

arnold2001 Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is a statute of limitations to file a lawsuit. Meaning you have to sue before the time runs out. In some cases it is 6 months, 1 year, 2 years or 4 years. So the right to sue for a pattern of it may have expired and can only claim from a particular point moving forward. The point being you really should ask a local lawyer instead of whining about on the internet.

arnold2001, Mar 29, 2018 IP
  11. Intellyhost

Intellyhost Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think suing is the right term here prosecuting maybe what you're looking for rather than looking for damages jail time would be a better alternative

Intellyhost, Jun 8, 2018 IP