1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

If You're New To Blogging And Want To Know How To Pick A Niche, Try This:

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by imkingcash, Jan 14, 2018.

I've noticed that a lot of new bloggers never know a good niche to get into. That seems to be a recurring problem a lot of newbies have. Here's a good tip to pick a niche that will allow you to create content for years to come:

There are three popular niches that a lot of bloggers are into:
    1. Health
    2. Money
    3. Relationships

These are the three main concerns in a person's life. The next thing you want to do is narrow it down to a specific audience, but not to narrow that you won't be able to grow your audience. You want narrow, but the ability to expand your niche a little to broaden your audience.

Let's look at a few health niches:
    Fitness, nutrition, diet, workout plan, disease control, natural cures, home remedies, juice recipes, homeopathy, sports, beauty and grooming, etc.

Money Niches:
    Make money online, personal finance, trendy investment (bitcoin, penny stocks, etc.), credit repair, credit building, business finance, blogging, online business, investing, how to land your dream job, sales, starting an offline business, etc.

Relationship Niches:
    Building confidence, personal and lifestyle, how to get a girlfriend/boyfriend, seduction, pick up artistry, parenting, how to get your ex back, marital advice, making friends, macking, pimping, being influential, motivational speaking, B-2-B relations, customer-to-business relations, etc.

These are just a few ideas to get the juices flowing. Whatever you can come up with, more than likely it will fall into these three categories.

If you want to get into a super-specific niche like bug collecting or coin collecting, you can make those work too, but a rule of thumb is this.

"If you don't love it or don't feel committed to it until you can see it succeed, don't get into that niche."

Blogging is not a fly-by-night success business. It could take months or years before you see any real momentum. Choose wisely, but if you pick a niche you don't like, you can always change it.

imkingcash, Jan 14, 2018 IP
  2. Bella Lopez

Bella Lopez Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    These are some good niches to begin with and I love this line "Blogging is not a fly-by-night success business. It could take months or years before you see any real momentum. Choose wisely, but if you pick a niche you don't like, you can always change it."
    That is so true. People just want to get rich quickly with 2 or 3 posts. They get tired and leave it midway. But nothing happens with an overnight success. There is a rare chance your written post will go viral and your blog will gain momentum but to keep it going, you'll have to stay pumped and push out the best written content that you can. That's the only way to success that has worked for me and I think works for just about everyone.

Bella Lopez, Jan 15, 2018 IP
  3. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think overnight success is possible. It just takes years of preparation to make it happen...

JoeSpirit, Jan 16, 2018 IP
  4. Bella Lopez

Bella Lopez Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That's true but people often miss the latter part and want overnight success minus any preparation.

Bella Lopez, Jan 17, 2018 IP
  5. JosephBestler

JosephBestler Peon

Best Answers:
    Honestly, I think that the best blogs are the ones where the author likes what they are blogging about and not just a niche where they can make money. If you enjoy writing about something, then you will eventually get a following, and then you can think about monetizing. Most people do it the other way around just to try to make a quick buck and realize that it is actually hard work.

JosephBestler, Jan 24, 2018 IP
  6. dinxhizzxti

dinxhizzxti Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi! I'm a beginner blogger. I am wondering how can i gain traffic tremendously by just one post?

dinxhizzxti, Aug 2, 2018 IP
  7. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    Just one post will do nothing for you. To succeed with blogging you must create posts on a consistent basis. Some advise at least a post a day while others claim three per week, one per week, or even one per month will do. The most important thing to keep in mind is that you absolutely must set a schedule for what days you will publish your posts - and stick to that schedule.

And those posts must contain high value content for the readers.

It won't happen fast but the more frequently you post the quicker you'll get noticed.

JoeSpirit, Aug 3, 2018 IP
  8. b2bwriter

b2bwriter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree with @JoeSpirit
    How you or anyone else can make to attract millions of users with one post? Unless you spend millions on its market, its doable but does it even worth it?
    Better you should spend time on writing useful content on consistent basis. So you can have more loyal readers.

b2bwriter, Oct 30, 2018 IP
  9. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    Gotta agree with that. And it's much harder if the writer doesn't know or understand anything about their intended subject.

JoeSpirit, Oct 31, 2018 IP