1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

popup networks who provide remnant traffic

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by perrushe, Jan 20, 2018.

Hi fellas, I was playing around popup traffic sources. Lately, I tested many networks but I didn't find my jackpot yet,
    my purpose is to send around +1000 at the same time(real-time) for the cheapest rate possible
    what I tested: popads, popcash, adsaro and some cheap networks
    I found my purpose at popad and popcash, but the problem is they ate my money so fast, so I barely keep my traffic rolling to my site.
    How about exoclick anyone here tested this network give some insights how the things work there?
    any advice tips greatly appreciated

perrushe, Jan 20, 2018 IP
  2. kikker

kikker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    popads : tested like 300-400k traffic there %70-80 is not human
    popcash : tested 100k traffic %50 of their traffic not human
    GlobalMedia : tested like 2m traffic there %50 of their traffic also not human

kikker, Jan 20, 2018 IP
  3. PSOCK

PSOCK Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am interested to know, What tools and methods you use for your tests.

Because you have to know and realize IP addresses and such from datacenters and proxies and VPN's are only increasing as more and more web users start using these privacy methods to protect their IP's locations identities etc. Websites like netflix are banning them for it but its a bad idea since it is only increasing (just like adblock users increase every year).

I have had advertisers refuse to pay for traffic from legit users who was using VPN's it is not something that should be used as a "reliable" source of traffic testing. (You end up looking like your scamming publishers if you think VPN IP's and such are ALL not real users.)

But I am just pointing out how unreliable IP tests are it depends on the methods your using.

PSOCK, Jan 21, 2018 IP
  4. tomksoft

tomksoft Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As owner of PopAds, I'd love to know more about your methodology of deciding what traffic is human and what isn't.
    I am sorry, but if all popup/popunder networks in the world have 50-80% bot traffic, I strongly doubt that there are that many bots in the world.

My quick guess would be that you consider traffic to be bot if time-on-site in your analytics indicates 0s or 1s. Did I guess right?

tomksoft, Jan 22, 2018 IP
  5. PSOCK

PSOCK Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think he is IP testing and if the IP ASN identities shows it as a Datacenter or a server IP he assumes it is bot without considering people using VPN's and proxies TOR exit nodes etc.

But maybe the ads he is using are popups with redirects and such and are causing a very high bounce rate for his analytics tools there are so many variables. I would love to see how he came up with such figures it seems like he does not know what he is doing to me.

PSOCK, Jan 22, 2018 IP
  6. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    That is certainly not the case. At PopAds we filter 100% of datacenters.

7. PSOCK

PSOCK Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Then if you are filtering datacenter traffic like https://ipinfo.io/AS16276 ( https://www.ovh.co.uk/ ) before paying publishers, You are blocking all legitimate traffic from people using VPN's like "PrivateInternetAccess" etc. That is where their VPN server IP's are from if you start checking them.

The best way to test is take a VPN, Check what ASN it's IP address belongs to and you well see what datacenter they are housed in. (All Large VPN services are using datacenters and dedicated server hosters like this.) You should not be throwing out legitimate users just because their paranoid on privacy of their IP and using a VPN. It is only increasing the number of internet users using such services and it will cost you publishers if the majority of their website traffic is from security and privacy freaks.

Example : https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/network/
    VPN IP Address : 198.8.80.141
    https://ipinfo.io/198.8.80.141
    In Los Angles Datacenter ASN ID : AS46562
    Their Hosting website for dedicated servers http://as46562.net/

This is how these VPN providers work they are buying dedicated servers to use as a middle man to protect users IP's addresses and privacy. (Does not look good when you say you don't pay for legitimate/real users using these IP's.)

I can understand how untrustworthy they may seem but at the same time there is trustworthy traffic coming from VPN's.

You may upset publishers who have a heavy amount of VPN related traffic to find out all those users of their sites who are using a VPN is making no money for them due to the fact even though they see ads still you don't pay because it is a datacenter IP they are using.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    PSOCK, Jan 22, 2018 IP
  8. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    I know exactly what I am doing and blocking VPN traffic is necessary as well. If my customer buys US visitors to advertise something in US, he gets US traffic, not someone using US based VPN.

9. PSOCK

PSOCK Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It is funny to see VPN related advertisements making VPN networks and the amount of users using VPN's increase in number and the fact advertisers are refusing to pay for traffic from users using a VPN IP Address.

If your publishers are NOT aware I am sure it would upset allot of them to learn this. Especially if they have a heavy traffic amount from people using a VPN to access their site due to countries blockades, goverments, Great firewall of china etc.

PSOCK, Jan 22, 2018 IP
  10. skzisghost

skzisghost Active Member

Best Answers:
    I’m publisher and I don’t show ads to vpn/proxy etc users too.

And I did not feel any offend if ad network doesnt take those traffic.

Even if the ad network take this traffic, I wouldn’t send it to them.

IMO they are not healthy for advertiser and they can be considered as almost useless traffic.

skzisghost, Jan 22, 2018 IP
  11. PSOCK

PSOCK Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The point is for example adult websites are banned and blocked by entire countries, The methods people use to bypass such blockades their governments enforce upon them is using VPN's etc. So if your running adult websites you may as well start banning and blocking entire countries because for adult sites your advertisers without telling you is going to be considering all traffic coming from these countries to be bots.(Depends if your websites domain name has made it onto their countries blacklist or not.)

It is pointless sending traffic to those countries because it won't earn anything under circumstances like these.

But regardless of this if anyone thinks it is healthy and a permanent solution to be blocking VPN's when their numbers are increasing it is a bad idea. You are loosing entire countries worth of revenue. (Good luck for the future is all i can say.)

Who needs a adblocker when you got a VPN. https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/blog/2016/07/pia-adds-ad-blocker-introducing-private-internet-access-mace/ Advertisers won't show you ads when you use a VPN, VPN's also can block ads via controlling DNS it is a win win for VPN users and huge loss for publishers. Any advertisers who are showing ads to VPN users but not paying out for it is even more shifty why display the ads to them then maybe they are charging their customers and running up ad-campaigns making themselves money and it is a excuse to not pay publishers for traffic sent.

But we could debate about it all day the point stands it is a KNOWN and PROVEN FACT, Not all VPN and Datacenter traffic / IP's are BOT users of fraud / fake traffic. There are reasons why plenty NOT ALL but still plenty of the traffic is legit. (Even though it is being labelled as BOTS)

It is one of these problems the needs a solution because right now it is currently just traffic loss it is all it can be labelled properly as. The ones loosing out as always are publishers who send the traffic. (Mostly because they are unaware this is what is going on and happening too, Most probably don't understand this side of things and affects until explained to them like this.)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    PSOCK, Jan 22, 2018 IP
  12. kikker

kikker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i do not care about analytics. 0sec or 1 sec
    you know your traffic better than me
    %80 of your traffic is not human

popads : tested like 300-400k traffic there %70-80 is not human [ with real System about detecting bot/ proxy traffic ]
    i have also tested your traffic with live website like 100k visitors and i did not see single users clicked second page [ my website and advertising category is %100 same

i tried %60 of network and i just wrote about 3 network
    did i say something about propeller ,taptica , revhit, ad-maven and all others
    even Adpixo traffic is much better than popads no need compare with big networks

kikker, Jan 22, 2018 IP
  13. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    Which "real System about detecting bot/proxy traffic" did you use? I would love to use it myself and verify your results.
    And I know my traffic very very well. Right now bot traffic at PopAds is around 2% to 3% (and that includes antivirus/safebrowsing scanners) and that will be eliminated by antifraud update in coming weeks.
    We do over 100M impressions a day, the idea that 80M of that is bot is just purely ridiculus.

14. Adsterra Network

Adsterra Network Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey, as I can see you didn't try to buy traffic with Adsterra, right? The CPM/CPA rates for so-called remnant traffic are under negotiation with your personal manager, and you get one right after sign up.

Adsterra Network, Jan 23, 2018 IP