1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

2018 Super Bowl Predictions?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by jrbiz, Dec 5, 2017.

So, anyone ready to make a prediction as to which team will take it all in February? Given that they are 20 minutes from my house and looking stronger each game, I will go out on a limb to get the ball rolling and predict that the Patriots should take it all again this year. Tough to beat the old man, Brady. :)

jrbiz, Dec 5, 2017 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Boy, the Patriots showed some real weaknesses, at least in the first half, against the Titans, despite the big win. I am sticking with my prediction that they win it all again this year, but I have some lingering doubts about it. They can be beaten by the right team at the right time...

jrbiz, Jan 14, 2018 IP
  3. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My brother says Saints/Steelers in the big game. I have trouble ruling out the Patriots myself. That part of me that roots for underdogs keeps waving an Eagle's flag though.

JoeSpirit, Jan 14, 2018 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I do wonder about the Steelers. The Patriots got out of their last game with them by less than the skin of their teeth. I think that it would be better for the Partiots in the Championship game if Atlanta were to beat Pittsburgh today.

I will say this: Brady has to up his game from how he has played the past few games. Too many less than perfect passes and he needs to be perfect most of the time. The team's offensive plays are built around him playing perfectly that vast majority of the time. To be fair, his receivers also need to up their games as they have dropped some balls that should have been catches.

jrbiz, Jan 14, 2018 IP
  5. skeye

skeye Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Draw

skeye, Jan 15, 2018 IP
  6. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    I agree about Brady. But then, I think his age is slowing him down. I can see a kicker playing into his 40s but when you're throwing, moving around the pocket, and taking hits you're feeling it a lot more once you reach the mid-30s.

JoeSpirit, Jan 15, 2018 IP
  7. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    Still got a want for the Eagles to win. But those Vikings looked awful good yesterday.

JoeSpirit, Jan 15, 2018 IP
  8. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I was at a business dinner in Manhattan and suddenly the upstairs bar erupted in what I would describe as a roar of surprise. In the dining area, we did not know what was going on, but word quickly spread through the waitstaff that the Vikings had won the game with a touchdown at the very end. I was surprised at the reason the way it was explained, because the uproar seemed to be about much more than that. So, when I got back to the hotel, I learned the real story and saw the replay and that last play was amazing! Totally explains the bar crowd's reaction. The receiver said that they practice those types of desperation plays quite a bit in training camp and even during the season and this time it really paid off. Also note that if the Vikings make it into the Super Bowl, they will be playing at home...

jrbiz, Jan 15, 2018 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.
  9. TaylorCTU

TaylorCTU Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm hoping it's the Vikings and the Jaguars. Tired of Brady in the superbowl. Watch it be the Eagles and the Patriots since I said something.

TaylorCTU, Jan 15, 2018 IP
  10. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    So, up here in New England, all sports news has been laser-focused on Tom Brady's hand. He hurt it somehow in practice this week and has only been seen since with a pair of red leather gloves. There have been rumors of him jamming his thumb but the prevailing story is that the injury required stitches. No one knows, of course, but a lot is riding on that appendage for the Patriots. Any predictions on today's games? I think that Bellicheck will pull a rabbit out of his hat (if needed) and beat the Jags. Not sure who will take the NFC title.

jrbiz, Jan 21, 2018 IP
  11. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I am 90% sure he'll play. They have all sorts of tricks to speed up recovery. The whole thing could be just for show to make the Jaguars wonder what's going on. You know, to create a psychological discombobulation.

qwikad.com, Jan 21, 2018 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  12. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    What's happening!!? Is that really the Pats who are playing? Painful to watch. :(

qwikad.com, Jan 21, 2018 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  13. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Their defense has been scary all year. But, they do have the ability to come back in the second half.

jrbiz, Jan 21, 2018 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  14. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Boy, the Patriots seem to enjoy taking it right down to the wire, don't they?

Actually, I think that this comeback (and the many others that have occurred in the past year or two) are reflective of the amazing coaching staff. It seems like when an opponent stymies them in the first half with unexpected plays or formations or personnel use, the Patriots coaching staff figures it out, makes adjustments during halftime and the Patriots come out and win during the second half. The players, themselves, could never figure this out on their own. It is the coaches that make these comeback wins possible, IMO.

jrbiz, Jan 22, 2018 IP
  15. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Looks like you got your wish. Should be a great game.

Looks like you are going to find the Suoer Bowl pretty boring this year. :)

jrbiz, Jan 22, 2018 IP
  16. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    They are already talking conspiracies: "If the ref didn't do a, b, c, then the Jaguars would've won...".

I'd still prefer Pats vs Steelers in the Superbowl. Will be watching nonetheless.

qwikad.com, Jan 22, 2018 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  17. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    What's the latest on Gronk?

JoeSpirit, Jan 22, 2018 IP
  18. Slurpie

Slurpie Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't know much about American football but I entered my a betting pool from my job picking the Philadelphia team and some score box or another. Wish me luck, guys! If I win, I can get a new snowblower, maybe.

Slurpie, Jan 22, 2018 IP
  19. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I don't really think that there were calls that were extremely controversial yesterday, at least not like some of the other games from the regular season.

I don't think that we will learn much from the Pats about Gronk any time soon. Just like it was with Brady's hand; they like to keep their opponents guessing. To be honest, Gronk has not seen a lot of action the last few games, anyway. I suppose his contribution has mostly been drawing doubleteam coverage to free up the other receivers.

jrbiz, Jan 22, 2018 IP
  20. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, a new snowblower! Nice purse in that pool!

jrbiz, Jan 22, 2018 IP