1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

domain with privacy protection

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by flipward, Jan 13, 2018.

i am so sorry if this is a rubbish question.
    i recently purchased a domain with privacy protection from godaddy but intend on using a different company for my hosting.
    because i am using a different hosting company to where i purchased my domain i am worried that the privacy protection i have through godaddy wont be valid once i have transfered my domain. will the protection travel with the domain name to a new host??
    thank you.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    flipward, Jan 13, 2018 IP
  2. partnerdig

partnerdig Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hosting is the service that stores your website filles. Your domain name is still registered in your GoDaddy account.

partnerdig, Jan 13, 2018 IP
  3. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As partnerdig stated the registration stays with Godaddy so the protection remains intact. You simply set up your nameservers at Godaddy to reflect that the files are located at the new hosting service. You can get the correct nameserver information from the hosting service where you want your site to live.

JoeSpirit, Jan 13, 2018 IP
  4. flipward

flipward Peon

Best Answers:
    thank you kindly fella's.

flipward, Jan 13, 2018 IP
  5. daica85

daica85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's no problem, you just need to point your default NS of your domain from Godaddy to the NS of your new hosting. Then everything works well.

daica85, Jan 22, 2018 IP