1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bulk uploading thousands of variable products

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by sipycup, Jan 10, 2018.

Hey guys,

I'm launching a new ecommerce store and I have thousands of products in different colors and weights and I'm trying to find the best solution to upload them all. I was looking at using WP All Import and trying to find a way to make it work as parent items and then child items for different colors. Anyways this is my first time doing something like this on such large scale so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

sipycup, Jan 10, 2018 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Your ecommerce store is using WordPress, right? What script?
    have you asked at their support pages?

sarahk, Jan 10, 2018 IP
  3. sipycup

sipycup Member

Best Answers:
    As I stated in the post I am looking at WP All Import but seeing if there is anything better for something like this. I am using Wordpress and I have WooCommerece setup as well. I know you can pay I believe $70 for an official WooCommerce addon to do this but again, just looking to see if anyone has any good feedback.

sipycup, Jan 10, 2018 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    The woocommerce bit is important - you need the products set up right, not just imported as posts.

The $70 plugin would be money well spent. If you've spent an hour fussing over your other options you've already wasted $70 that could have been spent promoting and building your business. Time is money.

sarahk, Jan 11, 2018 IP
  5. OnlineWorkIdeas_com

OnlineWorkIdeas_com Member

Best Answers:
    I believe that you should seriously consider e-commerce platforms like Prestashop or Magento for products with multiple attributes (colours, sizes) & characteristics (weight etc) since they provide an excellent product filtering of products so that the visitors can find easier and quicker what they are looking for. I use Prestashop and it has the option of importing endless products including images with a CSV file. Importing attributes must be done with a separate CSV file. Of course, setting up Prestashop is not easy. I have compared WooCommerse with Prestashop and there is no comparison between them for products with multiple attributes and characteristics.

OnlineWorkIdeas_com, Jan 13, 2018 IP
  6. Bella Lopez

Bella Lopez Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey there.

If you're dropshipping products from AliExpress, you can try WooDropship that works with WooCommerce plugin and imports all the products in a single click. I am currently using that and it works well for me.

Bella Lopez, Jan 14, 2018 IP
  7. Lyndaa

Lyndaa Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest you to try any of the WP modules and extensions from an e-Commerce marketplace to workout with the upload within a fraction of seconds.

Lyndaa, Feb 12, 2018 IP
  8. Jeff Daigle

Jeff Daigle Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    WP All Import Pro with the WooCommerce add-on is what you want. It’s not the cheapest but as sarahk said you’ll save enough of your time to make it well-worth it. I’ve used it to import thousands of products into stores without issue.

To use WooCommerce terminology, it sounds like you are trying to create Variable Products. Variable Products allow you to create one “Parent” product and then add Variations for options such as Size, Color, Material, etc. WP All Import + the WooCommerce add-on will let you do this correctly and save you a ton of manual work later.

Jeff Daigle, Feb 28, 2018 IP