1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I can pay $1000 for a fake domain method

Discussion in 'Programming' started by clicksornetwork, Jan 8, 2018.

Hi,

I need a method that works well to change the referer of a request. For example, if I have a user request that passes through my server (adserver-example.com) and send it to a landing page, I want that landing to see a URL that I choose as referer (for example, nytimes.com).

To date I have found systems like fakereferer.com but to do what I say it is necessary to install a code in the page in which you want to simulate the referer, and obviously this does not make sense since I do not have access to the domain that I want simulate.

I will pay $ 1000 for PayPal to whom can solve this problem of effective form.

clicksornetwork, Jan 8, 2018 IP
  2. phpmillion

phpmillion Member

Best Answers:
    In short - you can't do it. That's why you can't find any script which does what you need without installing a code on 3rd party page.

However, it's possible set fake refer if you do not redirect visitor directly, but display content from some_other_domain.com on your domain (adserver-example.com), which means user will see content from some_other_domain.com (and some_other_domain.com will see any fake refer you want), but the actual URL displayed in user's browser will be adserver-example.com

phpmillion, Jan 9, 2018 IP
    ThePHPMaster likes this.
  3. clicksornetwork

clicksornetwork Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply @phpmillion

I don't understand well your explication. If I don't redirect visitor directly what I can make? a iframe in my domain?

On the other hand, if I display content from nytimes.com (is a example) in my domain (adserver-example.com) how I can fake the referer? nytimes.com in this case see adserver-example.com as a referer. It seems as if something intermediate is missing.

Basically I need that when the user is in my domain, show another content (another domain) but this new content/domain should see a third-party referer (for example nytimes.com and not adserver-example.com)

If in the end I manage to solve my goal my promise of $ 1000 is firm. You can send me your paypal if it is like this.

Many thanks.

clicksornetwork, Jan 9, 2018 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You have the user passing through your server because of the ad - so you can do whatever you want to the request before you hand it on.

sarahk, Jan 9, 2018 IP
  5. phpmillion

phpmillion Member

Best Answers:
    Would you mind sharing the basic description of technique to do what OP asked for?

No, not iframe. You have to "parse" content from remote page (nytimes.com) and then output it to user directly on your page.

Since content from nytimes.com is parsed by a script hosted on your server (not user's browser) you can do whatever you want, including fake referer.

You may also check this question at https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3104647/how-to-spoof-http-referer - it has an answer why you can't do what you need, and why the only way to fake refer is to do it via your server. To sum up, it says exactly the same what I said, just in different words:

If you want to redirect a visitor to another website and set their browser's referrer to any value you desire, you'll need to develop a web browser-plugin or some other type of application that runs on their computer. Otherwise, you cannot set the referrer on the visitor's browser. It will show the page from your site that linked to it.

What might be a valid solution in your case would be for you to load the third party page on the visitor's behalf, using whatever referrer is necessary, then display the page to the user from your server.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2018
    phpmillion, Jan 10, 2018 IP
  6. sttstt

sttstt Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't mean to rain on your parade but I don't think that's possible.

sttstt, Feb 10, 2018 IP
  7. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I think you're on the wrong forum for that.

What you're asking is exactly why buyers demand to see proof of ownership, which often includes a sales page on the respective URL.

usasportstraining, Feb 11, 2018 IP
  8. phpmillion

phpmillion Member

Best Answers:
    Well, maybe it's not completely wrong forum, because his request is still related to programming in some way. Just that programming is actually hacking and exploiting browsers in this case. As a result, he should add at least one 0 to his offer, and pay at least $10.000 per browser (which will be exploited).

phpmillion, Feb 12, 2018 IP
  9. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I wonder who here actually thought they would receive $1k from someone looking to deceive others?

NetStar, Mar 4, 2018 IP