1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where To Sell Ebooks

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by tunescool, Dec 30, 2017.

i just published my first ebook, i have it on amazon and ibooks. where has anyone successfully sold their ebooks

tunescool, Dec 30, 2017 IP
  2. partnerdig

partnerdig Active Member

Best Answers:
    You could try Fiverr and Google Play.

partnerdig, Jan 2, 2018 IP
  3. Mejer

Mejer Member

Best Answers:
    You should also check Selz and Blurb. I have heard positive rumors about these two sites.

Mejer, Jan 21, 2018 IP
  4. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What niche is your book in? Knowing that might stir some ideas among the members.

JoeSpirit, Jan 21, 2018 IP
  5. Dario McNut

Dario McNut Member

Best Answers:
    Social media can be a great place, but you have to pay for advertising.

Dario McNut, Jan 22, 2018 IP
  6. June H.

June H. Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I’ve dabbled a bit with Draft2Digital without much luck. Then I went to Amazon, where I ended up having a lot of success — it’s definitely the number 1 place to sell your books. The organic traffic potential is huge, if you know how to do effective niche and keyword research (I use KindleSpy).

Ebooks alone don’t tend to make much money (too inconsistent, tends to drop in rankings after a couple of months).
    However, once you’ve made an ebook for Kindle, it’s easy to turn it into a paperback (CreateSpace or KDP paperback) and an audiobook (ACX).

If you combine all three formats, you can actually make a good amount of money from a single book, as long as:
    • You choose the right keywords.
    • The book is of good quality.
    • The cover is eye-catching.
    • You get some reviews right after launch.

Also, note that if you want the free promo that Amazon offers for Kindle, you’ll need to opt in to the KDP select program. This means that you can’t sell that particular book anywhere else. In my experience, this has been worth it, as I can get those early reviews much easier if the book is free of charge for a few days.

Even though I stopped publishing last summer, it still brings in about $2000 every month (kindle, paperbacks and audiobooks combined).
    Definitely worth the investment, I'd say. :)

June H., Jan 29, 2018 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.
  7. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    I've thought that making the paperback version available is a good idea. Haven't gone there though as my focus isn't on my books at the moment. Audio versions hadn't really occurred to me though. That's a good idea and I'll have to keep it in mind for future efforts.

How are you marketing your ebook/paperback/audio products June H? Do you bundle each title or do you market them separately?

And if you don't mind my asking, how many different titles are bringing in that $2K/month?

JoeSpirit, Jan 30, 2018 IP
  8. June H.

June H. Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi, Joe. Thanks for the like. ^^

When a new ebook was ready for release, I made sure the paperback format was good to go as well, so I could publish the two versions around the same time. If you do that, Amazon automatically links the two versions, and they appear on the same store page.

I then market the kindle version with KDP select, to get some early reviews. I had a virtual assistant who submitted the book to a bunch of free ebook sites, as well as FB groups. Since the reviews are shared between the two versions, there’s no need to market them separately. After a week or so, the paperbacks start selling on their own.

The audio version, though, is usually a bit delayed (depends on the voiceover artist you’re working with). Once it’s ready for release, I request the free promo codes from ACX support, which I then give to my VA. When the audio book is released, it's also automatically linked on the Amazon page, next to the kindle and paperback.
    If you're low on funds, you can actually do a royalty split with the voiceover artists on ACX, which makes the audio book completely free to create.

I have 23 books published, but 6 of those are bundles — so, 17 individual books. Only 12 or so actually make money, though (the remaining 11 are either lower quality, or have fallen in rankings). 5 books make up about 80% of my total publishing income as of now.

June H., Jan 30, 2018 IP
  9. Sharpay

Sharpay Active Member

Best Answers:
    Amazon is one option. I typically help my clients sell their eBooks on ClickFunnels. No matter what your niche is you can drive targeted customers from PPC and Social Media Ads, so if you have a quality product you should be able to make sales. Do you have an upsell to your eBook to sell? If you aren't offering an upsell you're seriously leaving a ton of money on the table.

Sharpay, Jan 30, 2018 IP
  10. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would agree, Amazon would certainly be an option to look into.

Milliardo, Jan 31, 2018 IP
  11. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    That's good information. I use KDP Select myself to gain initial momentum. How do you get away with submitting the books to free ebook sites though? Seems to me that violates the Kindle rule of not making your book available on another platform at a lower price.

JoeSpirit, Jan 31, 2018 IP
  12. dimitarang

dimitarang Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Definitely Amazon Kindle is the biggest places of all. You should focus there.

dimitarang, Jan 31, 2018 IP
  13. June H.

June H. Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Oh, yes, I wouldn't do that. I meant the kind of sites that list free ebooks every day for their followers, including those that are only free temporarily.
    All my VA had to do was to submit the links to the Amazon pages, as well as the scheduled free days, and these sites would send traffic to my ebooks.
    When the 5 days were up, the books were automatically removed from their lists. However, during that short period, I would usually see a nice boost in free downloads.
    This often netted a handful of extra reviews.

June H., Jan 31, 2018 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.
  14. 3936296

3936296 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    At first, what is your ebook niche?

If it is IM, then
    Warriorplus
    Clickbank
    JVjoo

If it is other an IM, then
    Amazon