1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bitcoin VS Ethereum,which do u think is d best?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by David37002, Dec 26, 2017.

Between bitcoin and Ethereum,which do u guys think has more benefit over the other?

David37002, Dec 26, 2017 IP
  2. Abdul Ali Khan

Abdul Ali Khan Member

Best Answers:
    According to me, Ethereum has a slight edge over Bitcoin. Here's why:
    • Ethereum was written in a Turing complete programming language. This means that anything can be done with it provided enough time and computing power is allocated. Bitcoin, on the other hand, was written in a stack based programming language. Stack oriented languages handle data in a very narrow way. Therefore Ethereum has a far broader platform to build on than Bitcoin as it doesn't just have to act as a value transfer account book.
    • Ethereum uses Ethash whereas Bitcoin uses SHA256; The former allows individuals to compete in mining it because it is memory hard (It requires memory to run) and it also works more efficiently on a GPU. On the contrary, Bitcoin mining involves the use of ASIC chips that have led to the concentration of mining power and a so-called "Moore's Law race".
    • Transactions are processed by Ethereum significantly faster than Bitcoin. With Ethereum, on average a transaction is confirmed within 20 seconds whereas with Bitcoin it usually takes about 10 minutes.
    There are plenty of other reasons that I've covered over at my blog. Do have a look at this article if you're interested: https://www.cocashcreators.com/2017/12/what-is-difference-between-ethereum-and.html

Abdul Ali Khan, Dec 26, 2017 IP
  3. DanielHost

DanielHost Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    While this is all true the crypto market seems to be dominated by speculators who don't really care about the underlying technology. With this in mind, I believe Bitcoin is a better investment if you are going for slow but steady returns as Bitcoin is the most well-known Coin. If you are willing to venture into altcoin investing then the best option is to buy into the first 10-20 by market capitalization for example.

DanielHost, Dec 31, 2017 IP
  4. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Didn't China recently say they are moving everyone off of paper currency and over to Bitcoin? If China backs Bitcoin then I'd say that is the one.

usasportstraining, Dec 31, 2017 IP
  5. Abdul Ali Khan

Abdul Ali Khan Member

Best Answers:
    Some reputable economists forecast that China is planning to launch its very own Central Bank Digital Currency (CDBC) in 2018. They’ve been working on one since early 2014. However, If this does happen, it will not only bring Bitcoin down but also all other crypto currencies.
    Source: https://www.coindesk.com/china-blockchain-maybe-2018/

Abdul Ali Khan, Dec 31, 2017 IP
  6. Furquan Ahmed

Furquan Ahmed Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Both are not good for long time investment with good return. You should buy Ripple or Bitcoin Cash

Furquan Ahmed, Dec 31, 2017 IP
  7. MrG33

MrG33 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    A major step in doing away with cash altogether, which is can be convenient, but also quite dangerous.

With my limited knowledge in crypto-currency (still a newbie), I would want to go with what ever would be the most reputable, and apparently Bitcoin is the most well-known, as DanielHost said. But also I think it would be a wise move to have a foot in the newer currency as well, because if it's an effective competitor, it's price will rise as well, and make those who invested early more money. But like I said, I still have a limited understanding of crypto-currencies, but that's just how I see it.

MrG33, Dec 31, 2017 IP
  8. DanielHost

DanielHost Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Exactly the opposite. Both are GOOD long-term investments because they are very stable at this point. It's unlikely either will lose a significant amount of value. On the other hand, other cryptos maybe better investment short term, but they are also a bigger risk.

I would not buy much Ripple right now as it increased in price a lot, probably stagnation is coming for ripple.
    I also wouldn't buy much Bitcoin cash as it's dubious what will happen to it.

If you want to be safe diversify as much as you can.

I would consider these cryptos good long-term investment: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dash, Monero, Litecoin, and Ripple(If the price stabilizes)
    All the rest in the Top 20 are newcomers so no one knows whether they will stick, but its worth buying into them just to diversify.

DanielHost, Dec 31, 2017 IP
  9. MrG33

MrG33 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Indeed, diversification is key! Putting all one's eggs in one basket is not wise, especially when it comes to investing and cryptos

MrG33, Dec 31, 2017 IP
  10. Abdul Ali Khan

Abdul Ali Khan Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with you. A smart decision to make right now would be to move to Bitcoin Cash as demonstrated by one of Bitcoin’s co-founders: https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoincom-cto-denounces-bitcoin-ive-switched-to-bitcoin-cash

Abdul Ali Khan, Dec 31, 2017 IP
  11. Shanie Frater

Shanie Frater Peon

Best Answers:
    Bitcoin is massively popular as is Ethereum however Bitcoin is at the point where people are investing because it's a known name. Ethereum is still popular but not at that point as of yet. However I would argue that in terms of progression and the market in general Ethereum is better than Bitcoin. You'lll find that most traders who have some forms of "crypto-currency" primarily invest in Bitcoin before discovering other cryptos...

Bitcoin is the cool Dad but Ethereum can be the famous child essentially

Take a look at this the 2017 best performing Crypto Assets

Ripple
    : 36,000%
    NEM: 29,000%
    Ardor: 16,000%
    Stellar: 14,000%
    Dash: 9,000%
    Ethereum: 9,000%
    Golem: 8,400%
    Binance Coin: 8,000%
    Litecoin: 5,000%
    OmiseGo: 3,300%

Notice how Bitcoin isn't even in the top 10?

Shanie Frater, Jan 3, 2018 IP
  12. expels

expels Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Ethereum hands down. Bitcoin has become obsolete.

expels, Apr 27, 2018 IP
  13. hellomang

hellomang Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Stay away from Bitcoin Cash it's a shit coin. Bcash is seriously stupid marketing trolls. Bitcoin is king, anyone who says otherwise is a noob

hellomang, May 16, 2018 IP
  14. Spurs

Spurs Peon

Best Answers:
    Ether(eum), which I like better, has an achilles heel as far as security goes. With that being said, I still like it better than bitcoin but I know a few crypto-experts personally that will ONLY invest in BitCoin and nothing Ethereum related.

Spurs, May 22, 2018 IP
  15. mrmax

mrmax Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ethereum price fluctuation is more than Bitcoin! I think for long term Bitcoin is Better! Maybe!!! Do your own research for any investment!

mrmax, Aug 19, 2018 IP
  16. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    BTC is definitely the best, its not the very sophisticated currency but its accepted to thousands of merchants. ETHER is a currency in the ethereum platform. Its a utility token designed to be the gas per transaction in sending ETHER and ERC tokens.

etc, Aug 26, 2018 IP
  17. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    China, one of the largest economies in the world, is cracking down HARD on CryptoCurrencies. Sooner or later the rest of the world will follow. DOES ANYONE REALLY WANT TO BE HOLDING CRYPTOCURRENCIES THAT ARE WORTHLESS?

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/...n-unprecedented-crackdown-on-cryptocurrencies

Bottom line is that for the forseeable future, ONLY A FOOL WOULD INVEST IN CRYPTOCURRENCIES.

mmerlinn, Aug 26, 2018 IP
  18. DVOnline

DVOnline Member

Best Answers:
    Both are outdated and have shown weaknesses (slow, high fees, public transactions, scalability issues). Bitcoin will remain the main cryptocurrency for a long while but I don't think Ethereum will, especially that Vitalik shifted his attention to newer and more advanced projects. If you believe that decentralized cryptocurrency is the future and you are looking to invest, look for cryptos that you feel will be relevant and will create high demand in the future.

DVOnline, Aug 27, 2018 IP
  19. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well good luck to them because its going to sprout anywhere as matter of act the price is now climbing up again. US is collecting tax from these BTC holders because its been treated as property in US. Why would they crack the crypto holders?
    Blockchain technology is going to dominate and no one is stopping this open source technology.

etc, Aug 29, 2018 IP
  20. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Apparently you have not been following what is happening with blockchain technology. Governments worldwide are starting to regulate or prohibit cryptocurrencies everywhere. Why? Because governments of all sorts exist for only one thing, TO CONTROL THE POPULACE. Cryptocurrencies are a THREAT to any government, a threat they WILL NOT IGNORE.

So governments worldwide are doing two things, one, regulating and/or prohibiting cryptocurrencies and two, looking for ways to use blockchain technology for the benefit of the governments, which translates into more control of the populace.

You are right, blockchain technology will not go away. Governments will eventually control who can use it and for which purposes. I probably won't live long enough to see it happen, but like everything else that threatens a government, it WILL BE NEUTERED IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER.

mmerlinn, Aug 29, 2018 IP