1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for a broker company to sell my website

Discussion in 'General Business' started by davikk, Dec 17, 2017.

I'm looking for a broker company to sell my website, range would be $500k - 1m, please let me know some credible broker company that sells website in this range.

If you had similar experience selling website, please share with me, very appreciate it!
    ex.
    What are the most difficulties you went thru in the process
    Did broker you hired have dispute with you?
    how far you have to disclose your inside info to get the deal done?
    how to protect yourself during the process?

If this isn't the best place for this topic, please let me know where I should go in this forum.

Thanks!

davikk, Dec 17, 2017 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure many of us have been through that process.

Have you looked at flippa and those sites? what did you like, dislike about them. It might make it easier for people to make recommendations.

sarahk, Dec 18, 2017 IP
  3. davikk

davikk Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I did take a look at flippa, but its only suitable to small websites which sell for thousands. For bigger broker company, It very hard to find any reviews, probably due to the confidential agreement.

davikk, Dec 18, 2017 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
  5. dimitarang

dimitarang Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Never heard of a company selling such a value website

dimitarang, Dec 18, 2017 IP
  6. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Are you selling website company or personal ?

robyries, Dec 18, 2017 IP
  7. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Huh? Happens all the time. And the value depends heavy on the revenue. A $1m web site could have just $300k of annual revenue.

NetStar, Dec 20, 2017 IP
  8. egoldzone

egoldzone Banned

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    seco and flippa is great place to try

egoldzone, Dec 24, 2017 IP
  9. partnerdig

partnerdig Active Member

Best Answers:
    I prefer Flippa. There you can write a listing description. It's a way to add value to your listing.

partnerdig, Dec 29, 2017 IP
  10. Kwaku

Kwaku Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Empireflippers.com is good for that.

Kwaku, Feb 7, 2018 IP
  11. JoeGrey

JoeGrey Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    A few that come to mind are Websitebroker.com, Feinternational.com, Empireflippers.com, Digitalexits.com and Foundersib.com

JoeGrey, Mar 9, 2018 IP
  12. Highest And Best

Highest And Best Peon

Best Answers:
    Here is Where to Sell - Just Make Sure You Valuate Your Site Properly

Flippa is the way to go to sell a website that has value. Flippa has a large base of buyers who are serious and ready. Just be sure to value your website properly. It is based on a multiple of earnings. Be prepared with documentation. There are also other variables that will affect value, such as earnings trend (you want it to be going up, or at least stable, over the past 12-24 months).

If your site is solid, you can expect to get 10x net earnings (if you net fifty grand a month, you can get 500k). If you site is in a hot niche and trending up, you may get as much as 12x net earnings. These valuations would apply on any platform you choose to sell with. Keep in mind that there are people who will make offers based on 3, 4, 5, or 6 times earnings. Many of them are bonafide buyers willing to pay 10x. Just be sure to point out all the automation and systems you set up, and be upfront about what they need to do to maintain the current state of income and operation.

-Scott

Highest And Best, Mar 13, 2018 IP
  13. AlphaNine_Vini

AlphaNine_Vini Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can always try at Flippa.com . Some of the websites sell at very high price over there.

AlphaNine_Vini, Mar 14, 2018 IP
  14. EmpireExchange

EmpireExchange Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Not Flippa, google their reviews real quick and tell me what you think.
    We have marketed stores worth 716k so feel free to reach out if you'd like to ask some questions.
    Some things you're going to want to have prepared:
    An Accurate Profit and Loss statement or a Cashflow Statement
    A list of all the assets you will be including with the store (FB page, YouTube, Pixel etc.)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2018
    EmpireExchange, Jul 23, 2018 IP
  15. macstux

macstux Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Please do not use Flippa.... you’ll spend have if your earnings on listings fee and % of sale

macstux, Jul 25, 2018 IP
  16. seo_buzz

seo_buzz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For selling a website for which you are expecting $1 million, flippa is definitely NOT the place where you should look at. There are many website brokerages that deals with high end websites.
    You can contact those website brokers in order to get the best deal. One such website broker that I am aware of is empire flippers. Additionally you should always check their previous selling history before working with any website broker.

seo_buzz, Aug 30, 2018 IP
  17. zozan zozan

zozan zozan Peon

Best Answers:
    am looking for that too

zozan zozan, Oct 12, 2018 IP
  18. craigimass

craigimass Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I've done it....sold a web site and various businesses at that price range, so here is my experience......

If you were smart enough to establish and build a site of that size, you are probably smart enough to realize who might buy it. Often this is an existing entity such as IB and VS or other similar type of site that is purchasing other sites to make a portfolio. Consider whether it is you that should possibly reach out to others who may have interest.

As far as price obtained be advised that these things change fast. Everyone tends to think THEIR car or house or business is worth more than it is. Very natural. Getting a qualified buyer means one of two things:
    1. Some person with a LOT of money and smarts. The problem here is that most people with a lot of money (already) don't want to work hard. So that works against you....

2. The Corporate Entity type mentioned above.

I had a small site recently that was making some nice income. VS contacted me and offered about 200K. We didn't come to an agreement. Two years later I sold it for about 6K. That's how widely things can vary.

People with smarts or money are going to look VERY close at the future risks. What you made last year may mean nothing - - zero - if it is based on, for example, certain Affiliates. Companies like Amazon can, in an instant, turn what was 10's of thousands in monthly revenue to $100 or even less. I was amazed watching it, but I saw it with my own eyes.

Note - I haven't blogged on selling many of my businesses - perhaps I will someday.
    I'm largely retired now but still doing some business and innovation teaching and consulting. You can find some info at my personal site craigsfire.com

Note - I pretty much wrote out my own Letters of Intent (contract outlines) - for the bigger businesses I hired lawyers to work with the money transfers, but I called all the shots.

I can certainly inform you of the process - but the hardest part is really getting a good qualified buyer. Ideally this would be an individual as those corporate entities are not as pleasant to deal with.

craigimass, Oct 27, 2018 IP