1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How long before Google ranks keywords?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by wakeywakey, Dec 6, 2017.

I started an ecommerce store 3 months ago and set up my categories using targeted keywords and 150 word product description as per Yoast video's.
    I also used Google Search console to optimize my site and crawl my pages as I read that by doing this you get faster ranking.

But 3 months later none of my keywords are ranked anywhere. Google has indexed them but not ranked any. I know they are indexed by using site:example so I don't understand.

I must be doing something wrong as I've seen other sites explode onto first page within weeks. What am I doing wrong?

wakeywakey, Dec 6, 2017 IP
  2. seo_buzz

seo_buzz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It seems you have only concentrated on the on page SEO, nothing has been done yet for off page SEO or link building. That is the reason why your website is not ranking in Google.

As your website is 3 months old, you can start your link building campaign now. You can track your link building campaign and its result using Google search console which you are using already.

seo_buzz, Dec 6, 2017 IP
  3. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    a 3 month old site is considered a baby site, and most likely still falls under google sandbox,
    however, some do not believe in the sandbox, but that is beside the point.

You will not naturally rank keywords on a new site, and that is the reason you are not ranking
    for any keywords. Here is your problem! You sell multiple products via eCommerce, right?
    SEO can be somewhat expensive just promoting one product, however, when you have
    multiple products, that could end up being very expensive. What you need to do is find
    your bestseller product that has proven to convert, then SEO up that product page....

You also have to consider your keywords, how competive are they? If they are not
    already in the top 100, then they maybe difficult to rank, and SEO is a long term
    process, and what you do today SEO wise may very well take several months to kick in....

Other then SEO, there are many other factors that can influence fail or success....

You are only telling us what is not happening, for all we know, you have done
    everything else wrong, and your SEO efforts maybe in vein anyways....

Rather then waste many, many months on SEO, maybe you should consider FB ads.
    What you should do is setup 100s of FB test ads, and see what hits, and what doesnt...
    Do you have ad/marketing experience? If not, then trial and error can be very costly....
    not only that, if your FB ads are wrong, your site is crap, price
    to high, bad product, then you still lose....

you merely thought you would going to post some text, include
    some keywords, and start watching the money flow, right?
    (sorry, it does not work that way....) and you are simply competing
    with 10s of thousands of other ecomm sites selling the same products....

You really did not think this through did you?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    dscurlock, Dec 6, 2017 IP
  4. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As you said it's an Ecommerce website and there is lots of competition in the market for the same.
    Second thing, your website is 3 months old, so Google put new websites in the Sandbox to prove website worth to it.
    You didn't build any link to your website as I understand from your thread.
    It is better if you outsource your project to the SEO agency for the better results. Or, learn SEO first and then start working on it.

Sumit_Singh, Dec 6, 2017 IP
  5. mrb1129

mrb1129 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you don't do good off-page work then it may take years so that to happen.

mrb1129, Dec 6, 2017 IP
  6. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Just to give some idea of how long it could take, sometime back, I read this article written by an affiliate that claimed he outsourced
    the best writer, and come up with some SEO plan, he claimed it took him a year to earn $500/mo, he also added that his cost was
    around $5k, and that was because he hired the best writer, finding the best backlinks, site design, graphics, etc, so just imagine
    how long it would have taken him if he had not hired the best, 5 years, 10, 20 years, how could you expect to get anywhere, ever,
    if others are constantly promoting their site to the top of the serps every single day? and long term SEO is not cheap by any means....

IMO, I just paid $250 for 5000 word article from a top writer.
    (do you have a budget like that? or you still hiring those
    $5 writers thinking they are going to get you to the next level...)

If you cant do it right...
    Dont do it at all....

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    dscurlock, Dec 7, 2017 IP
  7. seo_buzz

seo_buzz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure why you need to be 100% negative with your advice.
    $5K investment is a big amount for many people here, additionally setting up an eCommerce store is a huge investment itself. Therefore he/she may not have that kind of budget to invest in FB ads or PPC. Moreover FB ads will give traffic as long as you run the campaign. The moment you stop your campaign, there will be big traffic drop.

Considering those factors, SEO is better option which you can start with low investment. What's more if you have free time to invest, you can do some link building yourself also. Once you start earning with your website, you can invest that profit into other online marketing techniques, hire VA to scale things up.

seo_buzz, Dec 7, 2017 IP
  8. mrb1129

mrb1129 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    But good SEO work also need quite a bit of money. Low investment in SEO for an eCommerce site isn't taking it anywhere.

mrb1129, Dec 7, 2017 IP
  9. wanessmark

wanessmark Active Member

Best Answers:
    According to multiple sources, the average time for websites to rank on Google through optimization (SEO) techniques is about three to six months. That's right - jumping to the front of Google's results usually takes between 90-180 days, depending on the competitiveness of your industry and popularity of your keywords.

wanessmark, Dec 8, 2017 IP
  10. jsfunstuff

jsfunstuff Banned

Best Answers:
    it's take time 2 to 3months if your On-Page is good and also off page seo if you want to see fast result do aggressive adword advertisement google rank fast when see good user experience.

jsfunstuff, Dec 10, 2017 IP
  11. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    3 months you should start to see rankings. I would guess its the competition of your keywords. I would invest in a keyword tool and find keywords that you can rank and get traffic. I will cut down on time..

kb24, Dec 11, 2017 IP
  12. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Google Webmaster Tools will show you the keywords used in searches and how you rank. Pay attention to that information and do what you can to improve the results.

usasportstraining, Dec 11, 2017 IP
  13. Naseem1

Naseem1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yes, it seems like you have done on site changes only. On page and Off page activities should be done properly to be on the top page.

Your search for one of the Best SEO Company as well as Web and Mobile App Development Company ends at Intuition Softech. Get your free quotation now from Best E-commerce Development Company.

Naseem1, Dec 11, 2017 IP
  14. shumail

shumail Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you need to start link buidling asap, have you used any rank tracking tools to track if they are in top 100 or top 200? You may also look for duplicate content issue or any techincal seo related issue that may have cause some problem.

shumail, Dec 22, 2017 IP
  15. shaun-m

shaun-m Member

Best Answers:
    What kind of keyword research did you do? If you chose bad keywords then its much longer/not going to happen. My recent round of sites took 5-8 month for their traffic to start increasing.

shaun-m, Dec 22, 2017 IP
  16. robinymym

robinymym Active Member

Best Answers:
    Did you keep doing Off-page SEO?

robinymym, Dec 23, 2017 IP
  17. aix4200

aix4200 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    are you using wordpress, try All in ONE SEO plugins or Yoast SEO plugins to improve Search Engine Optimization. That always worked for me

aix4200, Dec 23, 2017 IP
  18. godfather25

godfather25 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It largely depends your niche. IF you picked a competitive niche, it can take up to a year, depending your on-site SEO, and off-site SEO. If you're not ranking after three months, and you've structured your site well. Then, your only bet is backlinking. Also, spy on your competition and see what they're doing that you're not.

That's the easiest solution. They're ranking higher in your niche for a reason. It can be more engaging content, lower bounce rate, more social media, and probably the most likely factor, more backlinks pointing to their website.

godfather25, Dec 23, 2017 IP
  19. kellyrose

kellyrose Active Member

Best Answers:
    Getting rank for an E-commerce website's keywords depends on various factors like competition for those keywords in that category, in that region and AdWords estimations etc., And you should have a professional team to accomplish that task.

kellyrose, Dec 24, 2017 IP
  20. wakeywakey

wakeywakey Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your replies guys.
    What about the idea of doing articles for your ecommerce store? Would that work?
    Do a 500 word article for a store keyword category or product and try to rank for it?

wakeywakey, Dec 31, 2017 IP