1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Creating a movie site. Should I be worry?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by luis2544, Nov 25, 2017.

I was thinking about creating a movies site, hiring an offshore hosting (Holland) and a domain with "Whois Privacy", I thought about use embeds video, not downloading on my own server, just external videos and create a section named DMCA with information about it and leaving an email that allows me to see the complaint (if it should happen) and remove the content who has been claimed. Will there be a problem if I have the hosting in Holland but I insert the movies from the USA? Obviously I do not have the copyright of the films, which is illegal but what happens if I just delete the content they tell me? Will the problem end?

Thanks.

luis2544, Nov 25, 2017 IP
  2. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    The movie industry is pretty powerful and has a lot of money at stake. I don't know all the legal procedures, but my guess is that they'd go after you and your host to encourage you to take it down. They'd also send a DCMA to Google, who would then bury your site in the search results, or make it not visible at all.

usasportstraining, Nov 26, 2017 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  3. pmf123

pmf123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Why dont you people concentrate on making legal sites?

pmf123, Nov 26, 2017 IP
  4. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    you can not hide behind DMCA when you are knowingly running an illegal movie site...
    I am not update to date on holland laws, and it really depends if your movie site
    is even a success; The US could request that you be turned over to US authorities....

I know one site that was earning $500k/mo... Site was shut down, all money was taken
    away, the owner was fined beyond belief, and they also went to prison for a short time....

Do you want to be fined $250k per violation?
    Do you want to serve prison time with butch and his friends?

good luck...

dscurlock, Nov 28, 2017 IP
  5. dimitarang

dimitarang Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    A lot of people are making money with this type of websites. If you manage to bring a lot of traffic you will be able to monetize it too.

dimitarang, Nov 28, 2017 IP
  6. BadSyntax

BadSyntax Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    dscurlock is on point, you cannot hide behind DMCA doing this. There are so many other things you can do and monetize, don't waste your time with a "movies" website. Don't be lazy, get out and be an internet marketer. Do your research, what niche would provide the least resistance to enter, how can I monetize this niche. Create quality content, it may not always be easy but it'd definitely going to be more profitable in the endgame than going an easy route.

BadSyntax, Dec 7, 2017 IP