1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why do people dropship from AliExpress when you can dropship from Amazon, Walmart, Etsy or eBay?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by BiGRob, Nov 19, 2017.

Have you ever considered dropshipping from places other than AliExpress?

Unlike platforms which only let you ship from AliExpress, your orders can arrive to your customers in as little as 1 day.

Average Amazon order deliver time 2 days
    Average Walmart order delivery time 2 days
    Average eBay order delivery time 4 days
    Average Etsy order delivery time 7 days
    Average AliExpress order delivery time 25 days

Dropshipping directly from repituble places such as Amazon and Walmart also means that you can be assured of the product quality and customer service. You can also use their "gift receipt" option to hide the products price.

Dropshipping from Etsy's independent marketeplace sellers means that you can sell unique or even personalized items made by loving crafts people under your own brand.

So why do people use AliExpress?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    BiGRob, Nov 19, 2017 IP
  2. louloua

louloua Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    the prices are more cheap then the other sites you mention and specialy for the new people and who can t pay bigger amounts so they go to aliexpress

louloua, Dec 15, 2017 IP
  3. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I tested a few products on aliexpress, and 9 out of 10 items were cheap junk...
    If you did find something good to promote, then you could cash in by the mass...
    some will request a refund, others will not bother disputing anything, however,
    you need to do research, and know exactly what you are doing when it comes
    to FB ads, as you could easily spend $100s of dollars going nowhere, and this
    is where most people tend to failing because they have very little ad experience...

1: you need mass ad traffic.
    2: bad targeting = zero sales.
    3: you need a high quality site that does not look as if cost $20 to setup....
    4: your price point needs to be just right.
    (and a few other factors...)

it sounds easy, but you will need some luck, skill
    and some natural ability to get things going...
    (not as easy as one thinks....)

Biggest draw back to drop-shipping:
    Pay providers do not like drop-shipping, and the only
    exception to this rule is if shipping product (in-house)....
    (if you are caught out-of-house drop-shipping, then that
    pay provider may terminate your account....)
    (want to risk losing your paypal account?)

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    dscurlock, Dec 20, 2017 IP
    Importexport likes this.
  4. Bella Lopez

Bella Lopez Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    AliExpress because its cheap and the variety of products is just huge. Further, there are many sellers selling similar products so you can easily make a profitable deal for your store and have many options available.

Also, there are many suppliers who have experience in dropshipping business and it can come really handy if you're new in the dropshipping business. For me, it was the markup price. Because I could purchase my items from supplier at a cheap price (no quality compromise though), I could have a fair markup price on my store and still make the sales without being too greedy.

Bella Lopez, Jan 7, 2018 IP
  5. dynn

dynn Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Becuase AliExpress offer is cheap and if you can find a good product it worth to buy from AE.

dynn, Sep 15, 2018 IP
  6. MaryB

MaryB Peon

Best Answers:
    Even today dropshipping from AliExpress is a good option. The first point is diversity. Where else can you get such crazy things like on Aliexpress? The second one is low prices and the final one - cash back. You can return from 3 to 8% of the purchase cost back. It's great in case you buy a lot.

MaryB, Oct 5, 2018 IP
  7. Edward Thomas

Edward Thomas Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi MaryB. Can you explain how "You can return from 3 to 8% of the purchase cost back". that works? Is it like a discount for bulk purchases?

Edward Thomas, Oct 15, 2018 IP
  8. ilovebeats88

ilovebeats88 Peon

Best Answers:
    But if anyone can just go on Ali express, why would people buy from a random seller when they can just search for it themselves. Alibaba makes more sense somewhat since there is a MOQ that you have to deal with, but you can order single items off AliExpress, not to mention the tremendous lead time... I dont understand how its a model that can be that successful...

ilovebeats88, Oct 15, 2018 IP
  9. knobhill78

knobhill78 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Rob - Hey are you certain about Walmart gift packaging items ? I was told that they weren't doing that anymore. I'm asking because I just sold something from there, and I didn't even see anything giving me the option to send as a gift - actually they did have some deal there where they would wrap your item as a xmas gift - is that the gift option ? Are they still doing the gift thing ?

knobhill78, Dec 5, 2018 IP
  10. MaryB

MaryB Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry. Got a notification on your question only now. Nice work, Digitalpoint! Will check manually. )))) No, it's not a discount, and in most cases you get cash back irrespectively of any discounts. You just buy each time through cash back services, which is obvious for both personal and wholesale orders (and it's important to keep to the rules, as if you neglect them, your cash back cookie is damaged, and you risk not to get cash back). Your cash back is accumulated in your account. Then you withdraw it to Paypal or a bank card. If you buy often or wholesale, the sum can be really huge - thousands of dollars! The best cash back service for AliExpress in terms of the money back percent is now eBates (I guess, temporarily, as they are having a promo at the moment and offer 2-6% back on orders on AliExpress) and in terms of extra tools (Seller check, Price Track, etc.) - Megabonus. I hope the admins don't ban me for the brand's names. )))

MaryB, Dec 5, 2018 IP
  11. MaryB

MaryB Peon

Best Answers:
    By the way, buying with cash back can help you keep prices lower when necessary, as you save more or just increase the profit. And a good trick to save more is to keep track of all promotions, etc. I know webmasters who have successful businesses reselling products bought on Alibaba. They all buy with cash back.

P.S. It's so disrupting when you had an account on Digitalpoint, didn't use it for some years, lost all login details and now see Peon in your status again. ))))

MaryB, Dec 5, 2018 IP
  12. giorgioarmani

giorgioarmani Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So how would you dropship from Amazon?

giorgioarmani, Dec 16, 2018 IP
  13. MaryB

MaryB Peon

Best Answers:
    I didn't get the question. Just like from any other website. The scheme is always the same. Where you buy goods depends on the type of products only. The point is to find the best price. And Amazon is not always the cheapest website.

MaryB, Dec 16, 2018 IP
  14. moshelog

moshelog Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, it's always best to have many options. I am using Importify, it works with 40+ sources and I get to explore other stores and expand my options, whenever a product is out of stock from one supplier, I can get them from other sellers. If prices are high on AliExpress, I can check out Dhgate or Wonify. I can also dropship from Walmart, Etsy, and Amazon and other US or UK options, aside from the China ones with just a few clicks of a button.

moshelog, Mar 29, 2019 IP
  15. giorgioarmani

giorgioarmani Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What about supplier packaging?

giorgioarmani, Mar 29, 2019 IP
  16. salman safder

salman safder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I prefer to do Amazon FBA only. This is the only future.

salman safder, Apr 8, 2019 IP
  17. Bendtbeyond

Bendtbeyond Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey guys, we're looking for more dropship suppliers. It seems like many supposed suppliers are just selling stuff at around retail price anyway. Has anyone here tried Wholesale2b or Salehoo?
    Would love some real user feedback to see if they are worth the cost before using them...can't seem to find any feedback from actual users.
    Thanks.

Bendtbeyond, Jul 3, 2019 IP
  18. AlexanderA1227

AlexanderA1227 Peon

Best Answers:
    Aliexpress is usually used for people that buy cheaper things, and plus the shipping is cheaper than the other sites that you mention ( that is why the delivery time takes so long)

AlexanderA1227, Jul 15, 2019 IP
  19. YujinTan

YujinTan Member

Best Answers:
    Can choose USA delivery take just few days or at most one week + I not sure haven't try that option

YujinTan, Dec 7, 2020 IP
  20. indigobanshee

indigobanshee Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried out dropshipping a few years ago, and it was definitely the pricing that made me want to use AliExpress.

indigobanshee, Dec 7, 2020 IP