1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AutoSSL certificate

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by unna, Nov 17, 2017.

I am receiving an email that your AutoSSL certificate is going to expire. What will be the effects on my websites if I don’t take any action on this email. Please suggest.

unna, Nov 17, 2017 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Your site will no longer be secure and your site visitors will get a warning that will be offputting and, unless they know and trust you, they'll click "take me back to safety".

sarahk, Nov 18, 2017 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    What sarahk said. If you are not planning to renew your SSL certificate any time soon, I'd suggest removing the HTTPS redirect from your .htaccess file. Usually it will look something like:

RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off
    RewriteRule (.*) https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} 
    Code (markup):
    Also, you may want to change your site back to http:// in your webmaster tools (if you do remove that redirect), otherwise your stats will get all messed up. Your site may possibly see some fluctuation in rankings too.

qwikad.com, Nov 18, 2017 IP
  4. phpmillion

phpmillion Member

Best Answers:
    What hosting control panel you run? If it's cPanel, you can install Lets Encrypt SSL at no cost (if your hosting provider supports that) and forget about SSL renewals forever.

phpmillion, Nov 18, 2017 IP
    usasportstraining likes this.
  5. unna

unna Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes it is cPanel. Please tell me the process of enabling the same.

unna, Nov 25, 2017 IP
  6. phpmillion

phpmillion Member

Best Answers:
    In this case, just contact your hosting provider and ask to enable Let's Encrypt SSL for your domain(s). This is also a good "test" of how good your hosting provider is - these SSL are 100% free and take about 2 seconds to install, but some less reputable hosting providers charge a one time or monthly fee (in hope of their clients being idiots, who don't know SSL is free). This is it!

phpmillion, Nov 25, 2017 IP
  7. bojanvuk

bojanvuk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Even if your hosting provider does not integrate with Let's Encrypt you can put the free SSL keys from them manualy.

bojanvuk, Nov 25, 2017 IP
  8. GoMummy-GM

GoMummy-GM Peon

Best Answers:
    why SSL is necessary for your domain?
    It is now has become a mandate for all the websites to have SSL certificate installation and it is also well known that SSL certificate is a ranking factor in Google search results page that helps in improving the visibility of the website in google. SSL certificate encrypts the data transmitted between the web server and the user. Hence, it provides maximum privacy, security, and data handling.

GoMummy-GM, Feb 18, 2020 IP