1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Digitalpoint losing its users?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by bestwriter, Oct 23, 2017.

Hello Everyone,

When I started as a freelancer 10 years back someone told me about Digitalpoint. I earned lots of money from this forum but now since last 2 years it looks as if this market is dead. I have not got a single client in last 2 years. I have also started a topic about it in reddit but no one has responded. You can see it here.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DigitalMarketing/comments/786d0o/has_anyone_heard_about_digitalpoint_forum/

Please suggest if you know more forums that are as good as digitalpoint was few years or how to get more clients from digitalpoint itself now.

Thank You

bestwriter, Oct 23, 2017 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    lol, reddit, ffs it's like the caveman of the forum world.

forums, generally, are losing traction. Social media and job-specific sites like upwork have taken the attention of users but they offer a very different kind of interaction.

If I'm looking for gardening info in my facebook groups I can ask a question and get answers but the experienced users must feel like they're repeating themselves. If I google for that same gardening info I'll find it in forums and blogs and commercial websites. Some people like to be spoonfed, some prefer to search. It seems that the spoonfed crowd are the majority.

sarahk, Oct 23, 2017 IP
    jrbiz and matt_62 like this.
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Perhaps if more freedom of speech was allowed this site would........oh never mind, I'd best censure myself.;)

Spoiltdiva, Oct 23, 2017 IP
  4. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    When you first started, there was a mad rush of millions of people trying to get online and get their foot in the door, in both sides, that is people hiring to get work done, and people wanting to sell their services. Buyers come and go, but the sellers, seem to stay for much longer, so I think you will find that there is a surplus of suppliers then buyers.

I guarantee there is work being done on this forum, just your not seeing it. Some other freelancers have mentioned that to me that they are getting zero sales, but for some of them, their sales threads may be partly to blame. They need to explain their skills, and how good they are. Some focus on quality, some on price, each one needs to find their angle and stick to it. Otherwise, buyers just skip over them.

I would recommend reaching out to people that you have worked with in the past, ask if you can work with them on any current or future projects they might have. That is the only useful advice I have.

There are other more active forums, but honestly, trying to market your services would be an uphill battle, it can take a while for your account to be established, and for people to start to trust you, and likely there will be more sellers then buyers, so often your sales threads are simply buried under the spam of everyone elses sales threads. I have been there and done that.

Another solution would be to try attracting clients directly via your own website and promote that, and if you say that you do not have a website, then we are done talking.

matt_62, Oct 24, 2017 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  5. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Too much spam lately. Too many useless threads/replies. It will turn anybody off.

qwikad.com, Oct 25, 2017 IP
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    As @sarahk said, forum traffic seems to be way down across the board, which is a shame, IMO. I started with Usenet back in the late 1990's and, back then, it was a way to "socialize" on the relatively new Internet. I consider Usenet to have been one of the first social media options, in fact. With all of the new and innovative social media options that seem to spring up all of the time, a forum may seem a bit lame to many people now.

jrbiz, Oct 25, 2017 IP
  7. infopages

infopages Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its been different since I started, its not about business or making money only, its about spam and contents too, seeing very less contents now a days in compare to early days and lot of spam is happening so which is keeping active users away from digital point, earlier if there was any query then its been answered same day but now its take weeks and even though not sure whether there will be any reply for the same.

infopages, Oct 25, 2017 IP
  8. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to sell something, then the other party would need to have a passionate need; I do not think
    marketing/webmaster is as passionate as it once was, and others may have been turned off on the amount
    of time that it can take a site to get off the ground, assuming it ever gets off the ground to begin with....

I am not even sure why I keep coming here; I do not have any sites, I am no longer involved in buying/selling & marketing,
    and for that reason, I have no real reason to come here at all, so I guess it is just out of convenience then anything....

and it is nothing personal; I would be forums over all, across the
    board/spectrum have decreased in overall traffic due to social media....

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
    dscurlock, Oct 25, 2017 IP
  9. David Morrison

David Morrison Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Nearly all forums are losing members due to competition from Facebook.

David Morrison, Nov 4, 2017 IP
  10. bestwriter

bestwriter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    and where to sell in Facebook. Which groups are giving so high competition?

bestwriter, Nov 4, 2017 IP
  11. seo_buzz

seo_buzz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think it all depend on the approach you are taking. Digitalpoint is still a leading name when it comes to SEO and internet marketing. And coming to marketplace, there are many buyers who are looking to buy services for their website, blog etc. However you also need to update the services as per their exact requirement. If you are still offering services which were relevant in 2010 or before, you will find it hard to find new clients.

I agree with others that forums are still the best place specially Digitalpoint, to get new clients for your online business. At the same time, I would also suggest you to do your own research to offer compatible services which which will be beneficial for the buyers. If you are ready to do the hard work, you will find plenty of new clients.

seo_buzz, Nov 4, 2017 IP
  12. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    People have been saying that for YEEAARS. I don't think Facebook, in it's current configuration, is really all that much of a threat to forums. Forums have an advantage over Facebook for discussions and group brainstorming. However, non-forum competition will always be present. Forums are 'old school' and probably are less attractive to younger folks. I think DP is still the all-around leader of this type of thing. There are other forums that are more specialized and my have a stronger core group, but I would not count DP out.

After all, how many people have DP logos tattooed on themselves? Surprisingly many.

usasportstraining, Nov 5, 2017 IP
  13. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Yes, since Google has started targeting it, forums are losing its focus. Better thing would be to shift towards Facebook

eric_wahlberg, Nov 6, 2017 IP
  14. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've been here for 10 years.... I don't think it has lost traction... There was 90% garbage on here and still is.... The member base is also 90% crap too.... however, there's still 10% of gold here. I think you can make money here by offering services but this would never be a single stream of income for anyone. No forum would be.

You have posted 5.5 times per month in 2017. Every thread you have posted selling a service you have at the least generated responses and interest. But your posts are thrown together and offer very little value or insight... Maybe by spending more time on your threads and contributing more you will see more $$$.... but this will never be a single stream of income for you.

NetStar, Nov 16, 2017 IP
    bestwriter likes this.
  15. bestwriter

bestwriter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thanks for the help.

bestwriter, Nov 17, 2017 IP
  16. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    ^^^^^ that.
    Sometimes I feel most of my posts are calling out bullshit that gets posted by those who have no idea what they are talking about.

Agent000, Nov 18, 2017 IP
  17. Gp singh

Gp singh Active Member

Best Answers:
    agreed...

Gp singh, Nov 19, 2017 IP
  18. robinymym

robinymym Active Member

Best Answers:
    And also they keep banning users

robinymym, Nov 27, 2017 IP