1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I include "worldwide" location while making facebook ad ?

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by Aizaz Ul Haq, Oct 28, 2017.

I am working on online medical lectures and want to promote my video lectures with facebook ads. So there is no need to target a specific location. I want medical students and professionals to view those lectures globally. Is it wise, economically and strategically, to chose worldwide audience rather than targeting few locations or countries. Some people say that if you target worldwide audience your ad will be shown to only those locations where ads will cost less (3rd world countries for example)

Aizaz Ul Haq, Oct 28, 2017 IP
  2. kaiba134

kaiba134 Peon

Best Answers:
    i think you should choose the location where your potential customers are in, when you target worldwide you can miss them

kaiba134, Oct 29, 2017 IP
  3. Aizaz Ul Haq

Aizaz Ul Haq Member

Best Answers:
    My potential customers can be from any country

Aizaz Ul Haq, Oct 29, 2017 IP
  4. David Morrison

David Morrison Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Why not run a test. Run a campaign with all countries and one with targeted countries and see which performs better.

David Morrison, Nov 4, 2017 IP
  5. Li.ikonow

Li.ikonow Peon

Best Answers:
    Not a good idea and the reasons are many for instance, some prefer lectures provided in their native language.
    What I would do (and quickly did) google "lectures students medicine", "Dr.Najeeb lectures" was on top --> copy & paste his url and check his source traffic https://www.similarweb.com/website/drnajeeblectures.com#overview and you see that the main sources on this specific website are USA, India, Afghanistan..etc.

My point here is do your research.

Li.ikonow, Nov 21, 2017 IP
  6. Bee Content Marketing

Bee Content Marketing Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends on what other factors you are using to narrow down your audience, to be honest. Are you narrowing them down by age, interests, language, etc? In which case, you could do an A/B test with the same audience based on global view vs. specific countries.

Bee Content Marketing, Nov 23, 2017 IP