1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the right category of TripAdvisor to submit tourism company in business listing

Discussion in 'General Business' started by alisyed8, Aug 19, 2017.

Hello Everyone.

What is the right category of business listing in TripAdvisor for Tourism companies. TripAdvisor has only four categories available.
    1. Restaurants
    2. Hotels
    3. Attractions
    4. Vacation Rentals

I am the owner of Travel and Tourism company in dubai. What is the right category to submit my business. My competitors are using TripAdvisor. They already have the TripAdvisor excellence badge on their website. Would anyone let me know that which category i have to use to submit my business and publish the Things to do Activities on TripAdvisor?

Regards
    Syed Ali

alisyed8, Aug 19, 2017 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I'd submit it to either Hotels or Vacation Rentals. Do you mind posting a link to your company? That way it'll be easier to determine which category you should use.

qwikad.com, Aug 19, 2017 IP
  3. alisyed8

alisyed8 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for reply. here's the business website. www[dot]tabeertours[dot]com

alisyed8, Sep 5, 2017 IP
  4. dabbu347

dabbu347 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @alisyed8 since your website is dealing with Hotel Booking, Holiday packages i think the best category will be Hotel & Holiday Rentals, since there is no category of Vacation Rentals and Attractions on the TripAdvisor . com I have checked the website of tripadvisor.

dabbu347, Sep 5, 2017 IP
  5. alisyed8

alisyed8 Peon

Best Answers:
    My website is providing the services for a search of hotel for booking purpose. i am not the owner of the hotel. As per my knowledge the category of Hotels and Vacation rentals is only for the owner of the hotels and vacation rentals. Further more i did a little research for the other tourist companies in Dubai. They registered their company on tripadvisor for the Attractions and they sell their inbound activities package in the category.

How we can suggest to TripAdvisor to make another category for the Tourism company as its has the major part of the industry.

alisyed8, Sep 5, 2017 IP
  6. Latic

Latic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Under Attractions there is:
    Traveler Resources
    Other
    Tours

That'd probably fit best.

I think the problem is you want something on there which they do not want. They dont want travel brokers as that is part of their business model, so you'll need to find a category that you can fit into.

Latic, Sep 5, 2017 IP
  7. Customerservices

Customerservices Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hello sir tell what is going on

Customerservices, Sep 6, 2017 IP
  8. alisyed8

alisyed8 Peon

Best Answers:
    I didn't find this kind of category so far in the TripAdvisor to claim the business. Furthermore its been more then 5 days now. TripAdvisor didn't contact me until now. How can i contact them back?

alisyed8, Sep 18, 2017 IP
  9. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Do yourself a favor, remove the gif of the people running across the screen. It's VERY annoying. I'd understand if it looped just once. The infinite loop will drive everyone away.

The vacation rentals category is probably where you should've submitted your site to. Where did you end up submitting it to?

-

qwikad.com, Sep 18, 2017 IP
  10. alisyed8

alisyed8 Peon

Best Answers:
    The website is under development and we shot a new video to place on the background in the website. It will up in next few days. I ended up with Attractions and TripAdvisor didn't contact me yet. How can i contact them back, The way should be promptly.

alisyed8, Sep 18, 2017 IP