1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Narrated PowerPoint Video

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by jrbiz, Sep 11, 2017.

I want to make a fairly long (2-3 hours) training video in which I narrate 100+ powerpoint slides. I may break the training up into digestible chunks (30 minutes each) once it is completed. I got started using the Powerpoint narration function but am not sure that it will work for me. I really want to do the narration slide-by-slide while stopping in between each slide (to get my notes for the next slide, etc.) and I also will likely want to go back and edit the narration on a slide that has already been recorded. I seem to be having problems getting the Powerpoint narration to work correctly with this disjointed process.

Any recommendations on a video capture package that is easy to use and will support what I want to do? Free, of course, would be better, but I could potentially buy a commercial package if it is not too expensive.

jrbiz, Sep 11, 2017 IP
  2. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have you looked at screen cast-o-matic?

JoeSpirit, Sep 11, 2017 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I just use Camtasia (not free) ... hit the pause and resume button between slides.

Agent000, Sep 11, 2017 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    No, but I will, thanks.

PPT seems to pause and resume fine. The problem I was finding with PPT was that it was not working correctly when I would have 10 slides recorded and want to re-do the narration on just Slide 5, for example.

jrbiz, Sep 11, 2017 IP
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks again for your input. I did not see it listed in the tutorials, but if I record a number of powerpoint slides with narration and then decide to do one of them over and the narration takes a different time to run, I assume that I could cut out the old slide/narration and replace it with the new one? Also, I assume that I can show a slide and narrate it "live" and save that? Sorry for the basic questions, but this looks like a good solution and I am a newbie with this type of thing.

jrbiz, Sep 12, 2017 IP
  6. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    I haven't used it myself so I've asked for some answers of people who I believe have. Soon as I get some answers I'll get back with you.

In the meantime here is a Google search page with some reviews on it. Maybe you can find some answers there:

https://www.google.com/search?q=scr....69i57j0l5.22685j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

JoeSpirit, Sep 12, 2017 IP
  7. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    Got an answer jrbiz. Hope it helps.

"Yes - you can cut out / remove an audio and then insert another one or a video file. Screen cast o matic is excellent value. The Pro version is only about 15 bucks for a year, and that gives you no ads, and unlimited video lengths etc.
    You can do a ton of editing etc as well. I use it all the time.

It may not be as high-tech as Camtasia can be - but its very good and easy to use."

JoeSpirit, Sep 12, 2017 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  8. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks. I agree that it appears to be a great value. I am going to try it, for sure. Thanks for your input!

jrbiz, Sep 12, 2017 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.