1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

3 Ways Guest Posting Can Help Grow Your Online Audience

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by agarwalpiyush116, Jul 11, 2017.

What is guest posting?
    First things first: let’s define our terms. “Guest posting” means writing and publishing an article on someone else’s website or blog.

I offer this on my own site (occasionally) and do it quite a bit on other blogs with audiences that I want to speak to. It’s a great way to connect with new readers and get your name out.

But for the longest time, I overlooked this essential discipline for growing a popular blog. I wish I hadn’t. And I hope you won’t.

There are three reasons why guest posting is such a key strategy for every blogger to build their online influence:

Guest posting builds relationships
    Bloggers need good content. By being a good guest blogger and adding value to someone else’s blog, you’re going to build relationships with other bloggers.

Bloggers make up a large percentage of conversations happening on the Internet, especially on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter. They can be tremendously influential. Which makes them good friends to have.

By making friends with other bloggers through guest posting, you’re going to grow your influence in the realm of social media, which will ultimately lead to more blog subscribers.

Guest posting is great for search engines
    The one non-negotiable you should have for guest-posting is this:

The host blogger must include a link to your blog in the post somewhere (usually at the beginning or end).

Over time, these backlinks will raise the value of your blog to search engines, making your content easier to find via Google, Yahoo, Bing, and others.

Guest posting introduces you to new people
    Perhaps, the best part of guest posting is that it allows you to enter an already-established community, and share your message. It allows you to connect with new people, which can ultimately benefit you, if you do it right.

If you’re adding value to the discussion, you’re going to see that convert over time to more readers, fans, and followers. Conversely, if all you’re ever doing is asking or selling, you may end up famous, but with a reputation you don’t want. (You don’t want to be “that guy” who’s hawking his own agenda.)

Add value. Help people. Be patient. And over time, you’ll win.

What about people guest-posting on your site?
    I’m also a fan of allowing other people to guest post on my own site from time to time. You should consider offering guest posting on your blog, too (if you don’t already).

If you’re asking for opportunities to guest post on others’ blogs, this just makes sense. It allows the relationship you’ve developed with the host blogger to be mutual.

Some bloggers will even blog about their guest post and link to it from their own blog (giving you some great link juice). Personally, I’m a fan of this practice.

The first rule of being a good guest
    When I guest post for someone else, I do the following:

• Link to the post from my blog
    • Promote it on Twitter (several times)
    • Share it on Facebook
    • Thank the person
    • Stick around and respond to comments on the post
    While not everyone does this, it’s not a bad idea. However, this is important: If you have to choose between getting people to guest post on your site or guest posting elsewhere, do the latter. It’s always better to get your name out into new communities.

Guest posting matters
    According to my friend, Mike the Search Engine Guru, when it comes to SEO, guest posting on other sites is five times as valuable as creating new content on your own site. (So long as you get the backlink.)

Whether that’s precisely true or not, I don’t care. (Although, Mike is not an imprecise kind of guy, so it probably is.) The point is that this is an excellent strategy for extending your reach and boosting your reputation online.

Plus, if you’re a writer wanting to land more “traditional” publishing opportunities, this is a great first step to eventually getting your writing featured in news sites, magazines, and other publications.

If you aren’t satisfied with your blog traffic but aren’t posting on other people’s blogs, you don’t have much to complain about. Start guest posting today, and see your influence grow.

agarwalpiyush116, Jul 11, 2017 IP
    rohit147 likes this.
  2. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I assume that your friend means guest posting on high authority websites, when he says that guest posting on other sites is five times as valuable as creating new content on your own site. I would also like to add that you have to fill your blog with high quality and interesting content, before you approach other blogs or websites. Your own blog will be your portfolio when you approach them, and they will base their decision partly on how good your blog is.

MrKing01, Jul 11, 2017 IP
  3. Anthony20

Anthony20 Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the ideas. Guest posting is a known source of referral traffic. But its SEO-wise if you also update your own website with blog posts.

Anthony20, Jul 31, 2017 IP
  4. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    google seems to think guest posting is dead; When you allow your site to take in guest posts, then you are
    turning your blog into some type of article directory, and why do you think article directories are dead today?
    article directories did not either monitor the content, or they could not tell the difference between a low quality
    article and high quality article which links back for the most part to low quality sites, and google cearly says
    do not link back to low quality sites, so you could end up turning your site into a low quality site....

dscurlock, Aug 13, 2017 IP
  5. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Is that the reason one gets a nofollow link when one writes guest posts on such sites?

MrKing01, Aug 13, 2017 IP
  6. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    yes, no one wants to give out dofollow, if such a site links to a bad site, then that site could get
    a penalty, however, a good authority site could get away with giving out do-follow links, and
    some actually do; nofollow can help in ranking keywords, and dofollow will help build authority....

if you are getting compensation ie: amazon, then it is best you nofollow all amazon links otherwise
    google may give you a penalty. If you are getting paid for a link, then it should be nofollow...

If you were to come to my site and ask for a backlink, unless you have an authority
    site like wiki, then I would no doubt give you a nofollow backlink, otherwise, I do
    give out dofollow links to authority sites only....

there is nothing wrong with getting nofollow backlinks; I would rather have good
    nofollow backlinks, then having no backlink options at all, however, do-follow are more powerful.

dscurlock, Aug 13, 2017 IP
    MrKing01 likes this.
  7. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yea what its more complicated its gives you good results .In general guest posting take you off of your comfort zone but this totaly worthing your efort

Spartan14, Aug 14, 2017 IP
  8. dabbu347

dabbu347 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am too trying to get chance so as to write guest post for desired site and off course it should be within my niche.

dabbu347, Aug 17, 2017 IP
  9. Sherpasean

Sherpasean Member

Best Answers:
    Does anyone have specific examples of instances where guest blogging has hurt them? I've been operating as if Guest blogging was a bad practice since 2013ish and I'm kind of interested in doing it if it still has value.

Sherpasean, Aug 31, 2017 IP
  10. davon

davon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    According to the research updates: Nofollow links should be at least 10% of the mass links.

davon, Sep 3, 2017 IP
  11. Sherpasean

Sherpasean Member

Best Answers:
    Can you cite references?

Sherpasean, Sep 5, 2017 IP
  12. davon

davon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can not find it now. You can read the interview of the creative manager Google.

davon, Sep 10, 2017 IP
  13. usman_khalid

usman_khalid Member

Best Answers:
    Guest post is still effective way to get high in google. I tried it many time and it still have a good result.

usman_khalid, Oct 6, 2017 IP