1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paypal blocked account and phone verification

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by ebaysellerjsk, Aug 30, 2017.

Hi I am Italian of Italy and I am an ebay seller , 1 month ago i created a paypal account with a fake name and i have added also a my real phone number as soon as I have signed up to the paypal website , but I forgot to add my international phone number prefix , now with ebay i have earned 120 dollars into my paypal account , a few days ago while i was shopping with paypal using ebay, those of paypal blocked my paypal account , The next day I tried to make the automatic phone verification so I can unlock my account, but as soon as I clicked to make phone verification, I received an error (invalid phone number) lacked the international telephone prefix, I tried to call paypal to fix the phone number in order to be able to add my international prefix, but they say they can not change the phone number, and now i can not send my ID because I gave my PayPal a false name and a false last name , now how do i unlock my paypal account?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    ebaysellerjsk, Aug 30, 2017 IP
  2. hiuufji

hiuufji Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you need to contact support and they will ask you for photo id

hiuufji, Aug 30, 2017 IP
  3. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    But as he use fake name that would be a problem,..don't you think

robyries, Aug 31, 2017 IP
  4. CTurner50

CTurner50 Peon

Best Answers:
    You get an error since you barely added the number. PayPal wants the original phone number active when you first registered. If you do not have it active, then there is no way around it. Not even adding a phone like you found out will solve it.

You can try Secondeyesolutions as he offers documents in cases like this.

CTurner50, Aug 31, 2017 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Compounding fraud upon fraud is hardly sound advice

It's $120, consider it an expensive lesson and walk away from the account.

Open a new one and do it professionally with real documents and double check what you enter in - PayPal can't be responsible for your sloppiness.

sarahk, Aug 31, 2017 IP
  6. ebaysellerjsk

ebaysellerjsk Peon

Best Answers:
    I have added my phone number correctly of my house without errors , was missing only my international phone number (39) , on the paypal account

ebaysellerjsk, Aug 31, 2017 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    and your name.

sarahk, Aug 31, 2017 IP
  8. ebaysellerjsk

ebaysellerjsk Peon

Best Answers:
    Is a fake name

ebaysellerjsk, Sep 1, 2017 IP
  9. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can see this as a costly lesson. When you used the fake name you breached their terms. Just by using the fake name, you put yourself in a situation where there was a risk that your account would be blocked. Now it's blocked and I don't think the phone number is the biggest issue. They may ask you about id verification, and the problem is that you cannot prove that you are the person behind the fake name.

MrKing01, Sep 1, 2017 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  10. ebaysellerjsk

ebaysellerjsk Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that the security of (paypal) is too exaggerated, their security is very close to madness , these worker people for paypal should change their stupid rules otherwise they risk going bankrupt

11. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The main issue here is that you used a fake name. I think you would be blocked by other payment providers as well as they regularly carry out checks to make sure that people are who they claim that they are. If you were a payment provider, would you allow people to use fake names?

MrKing01, Sep 1, 2017 IP
  12. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    OMG, have you zero life experience?
    Banks have rules in place because of con artists and scammers and crooks. The security is not exaggerated and I'm grateful to PayPal for providing me an means of easy online payment - no other banking institution comes close.

sarahk, Sep 1, 2017 IP
  13. ebaysellerjsk

ebaysellerjsk Peon

Best Answers:
    No , I have a lot of life experience , i now think you did not read what I wrote , those of paypal did not want to add this stupid international prefix (39) to my phone number , and this is the only way to make my home phone number correct , adding only the (39) at the beginning of my phone number , and this is also the only way i can unlock my paypal account

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  14. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You said their "security is close to madness"
    If you'd been around for a while you'd have seen the elaborate cons that people run and appreciate why banks need to be careful.

Now, many countries have reverse phone books. Should PayPal have access to one for Italy and they checked your phone number they would see that the name doesn't match and that would raise a giant red flag.

FWIW why didn't you give your real name?

sarahk, Sep 2, 2017 IP
  15. ebaysellerjsk

ebaysellerjsk Peon

Best Answers:
    Paypal is a giant scam , and paypal workers are all dishonest

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    ebaysellerjsk, Sep 2, 2017 IP
  16. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I disagree, but that's beside the point.

You lied when you created your account, you've lost a few bucks, start over with a payment processor you respect and do it right this time.

sarahk, Sep 2, 2017 IP
  17. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know if you made a mistake when you used the fake name or if you did it on purpose. But if you had read the terms and conditions, this doesn't only apply to Paypal but other payment processors as well, you would see that it would be a breach of the terms to use a fake name. In this case you had all the time to read the terms and conditions before opening your account. So I think you have a big responsibility in this case. It's not that your account has been blocked without a reason.

Also you should be aware that payment processors have to carry on checks to make sure that their users are who they claim they are. There are laws and regulations for this. It's not something they do because they think it's funny.

At last you should do what @sarahk suggests. Start all over with a payment processor you respect. You should also be glad that you didn't lose bigger sums like $1000 or $10000. $120 is something you could get over quickly.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    MrKing01, Sep 2, 2017 IP
  18. ebaysellerjsk

ebaysellerjsk Peon

Best Answers:
    The Mafia is paypal , I want to alert you all of this forum (that mafia exists) mafia is not something fancy but really exists , and these people pretend to be honest , that in fact are then dishonest

19. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You're a fine one to talk about dishonesty

and I think we all know that the mafia exist, whether they control PayPal or not is another matter. You have sour grapes, get over it.

sarahk, Sep 2, 2017 IP
    malky66 likes this.
  20. ebaysellerjsk

ebaysellerjsk Peon

Best Answers:
    I have sour grapes now , because paypal is dishonest and without piety