1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is SEO optimization worth when writing an article?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by CUTA, Aug 23, 2017.

I have been seeing that many people often say SEO optimization is absolutely necessary when writing an article in a blog. on the contrary, it seems like writing an article to address problems that people have often online increases the visitors than working hard to research for keywords and seo optimization. I am saying this based on my google analytics. What do you think about this? do you optimize the articles in your site for SEO or just naturally write them to address problems people face? or do them both to increase the chances?

CUTA, Aug 23, 2017 IP
  2. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I write what I feel about the subject in a natural way. I find that when I do that the keywords flow forth without my focusing on getting them into the content.

If the content is valuable to the reader and easy to read the search engines will show it to their customers.

JoeSpirit, Aug 24, 2017 IP
  3. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You make it sound like keyword research is hard and time consuming....
    You find it difficult to find 3-5 main keywords, and still write your content in a natural manner?

You never know how google is going to rank your site, and people use on page seo so they can
    tell google what their topic/niche is about, and people want to rank based on certain keywords....

If you free-style your content, then you could be taking a chance. I do not think adding
    15min of research is a big deal to include 3-5 targeted keywords, and do some on-page-seo....
    I do not feel like doing all that work, and hope I hit the bulls eye with google later on....

Ranking keywords can be a spin of the wheel also; one time I was looking to rank for keyword A,
    however, I ranked for keywords B, C, D, or other keywords that I did not know about, or
    keywords that I simply was not targeting. I am currently targeting one easy-med keyword
    that I am still unable to rank for, even though my content is optimized, I am still
    scratching my head on why I can not rank; keyword maybe more competitive then I thought.
    (my keyword research tools say it is not very competitive)

Do what is best for you...
    (try it both ways, and see what articles come out ahead...)

Would be an interesting case study....

relying on google is always a gamble....

dscurlock, Aug 24, 2017 IP
  4. CUTA

CUTA Active Member

Best Answers:
    wow you really read my mind. :):eek:

CUTA, Aug 25, 2017 IP
  5. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    You still have to choose the right keywords, and it really depends on what your article is about.

Selling a product? then you would use buyer keywords ie: Best Sex Toy Review, etc...
    Info article? then you need info keywords ie: This is how sex toy works in 2017
    watch out for vague keywords like: sex toy, first off you may not rank for these type
    of keywords, not only that, these type of keywords are vague, and not very descriptive....

Choosing the wrong keywords can kill any efforts you hope to have, more so if
    you do not optimize your content (if you expect to rank via link building....)

dscurlock, Aug 25, 2017 IP
  6. CUTA

CUTA Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your information. I do write about technology articles, and my site is https://nucuta.com
    I monetize my site with both adsense and amazon affiliate links. don't sell anything but I do review various items from amazon from time to time.
    Since the traffic is very low (roughly 50 page views per day) adsense barely earns anything (I am ashamed to say, it's like 0.01$ per day :( )
    Do you know any good techniques to increase the traffic to a website?

CUTA, Aug 25, 2017 IP
  7. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    I say it like it is...
    you wont like what I have to say about your site...

dscurlock, Aug 25, 2017 IP
  8. Ajit Joshi

Ajit Joshi Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO is an focused effort to promote website in search engine following the guidelines. where as article writing is the best tool to provide information relates to your products or general awareness. Write articles for your users' point of view and not for search engines. Though search engine rules helps you to cover as possible phrases/keywords relates to subject line. so combination of both SEO and articles can get better results.

Ajit Joshi, Aug 25, 2017 IP
  9. itmarketer1

itmarketer1 Banned

Best Answers:
    Creativity is the key, once you are creative other features will follow, content must be enticing, free from plagiarism and grammatically correct. Due to my busy schedule, i haven't been able to write on my blogs constantly, but i have a writer who writes seo optimized contents for me and i was very happy to see my ranking increasing. you can contact me if you need her service.

itmarketer1, Aug 25, 2017 IP
  10. Naseem1

Naseem1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    When you are writing articles, it is all up to you what you want to provide to users. Thing is, when you are writing for the purpose of SEO, you need to put up your keywords in between so that it gets beneficial for you. You need to creatively do so which does not make users think that you only wrote it for the purpose of keyword targeting.

Naseem1, Aug 29, 2017 IP
  11. Jessica_web

Jessica_web Member

Best Answers:
    According to new google updates, yes you should write for users, not just for search engine. But while writing you should keep some points regarding SEO to rank your post in top 10 google pages.

Remember these points for both quality writing and SEO point of view
    1. Write your article in short lines and paragraph with headings so it becomes easy to understand for both readers and search engine
    2. Use heading tags H1, H2, H3, H4 etc up to your requirements and adjustment
    3. Add your main keyword in meta title, description and URL is a key point for understanding your post by search engine for better ranking
    4. Optimize your content smartly SEO point of view, have a look at this article you will get a clear idea about how to write quality SEO optimized content: nexstair.com/blog/-smartly-optimized-seo-content-strategy
    5. If you are a WordPress user then first set up your post well according to Yoast SEO plugin like meta title, meta descriptions, tags, and focused keyword etc
    6. Try to add some points in bullets form if possible
    7. Add some appropriate video for user engagements and more understanding
    8. USE LSI (Latent Semantic Indexing) related keywords variations in the article for natural keyword ratio and ranking
    9. Link some credible sources inside your article for more weight-age
    10. Make right and relevant internal linking because it's still a powerful method in SEO point of view
    11. Write long qualitative, and fruitful article because search engine like long articles.
    Well, hope my these points definitely add some value regarding seo based content writing naturally :)

Jessica_web, Aug 31, 2017 IP
    Reminder likes this.
  12. Harshal shah

Harshal shah Active Member

Best Answers:
    Most important thing is that you have to make a content which is worth to the title: IF if has written perfectly Search engines will find them! Yes SEO does matter but most important thing is quality which should not be disurbed

Harshal shah, Aug 31, 2017 IP
  13. Reminder

Reminder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Very well written and explained. Its importent to write for your readers but keep in mind that there are lots of thinks you can do that don't change your text to much.

Reminder, Sep 8, 2017 IP
  14. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Yes it will make your content more accessible in search. You want to create useful content with SEO in mind otherwise no one will discover it.

dcristo, Sep 8, 2017 IP
  15. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd say that if her quality is as good as you say it is a penny a word is very cheap and the buy two get one free is a real bargain.

JoeSpirit, Sep 9, 2017 IP
  16. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi CUTA
    You take it in wrong way, here SEO optimization mean in blog post is to optimize the post for the user, like do not use lots of keywords that annoy the users and ignore your post, do not write the post as a promotion point of view write it for users and use the keywords where necessary and do not look spammy and do not annoy the users too.
    Use Heading Tags or Enlarge the focus words that help to increase the user experience if you Headings are attractive
    Do not write the post in a flow and write the long paragraph, Use small sentences or points.
    I think now you understand, what is the meaning of SEO optimization here.

Sumit_Singh, Sep 13, 2017 IP
  17. Profit Donkey

Profit Donkey Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I would say you should try to implement both techniques. First - writing for readers and then optimizing it and adding some final touch ups. As someone mentioned above, I can approve that Yoast SEO plugin for Wordpress is one of the best tools for optimizing your content. Very easy to use, shows every detail that could be fixed for easier readability and better SEO.

I think it's not just worth to do SEO when writing a content - it's a must. Why not? It can bring you LOTS of traffic in the long run. Why to miss this chance.

Profit Donkey, Sep 13, 2017 IP
  18. Jared Goss

Jared Goss Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Writing content that people will engage with is the ultimate decider in how much traffic you will ultimately get, but you should always markup your posts. It is not a difficult thing to do. You can do free keyword research using Google Keyword Planner and insert the keywords naturally in the content that you have written. Write compelling meta titles and descriptions to get the click-through over your competitors in the space. Otherwise, the search engines will display what they feel they should, which can sometimes be gibberish or actual code rather than a good text excerpt.

One thing that I will point out for your situation, in particular, is that you are trying to compete in a highly crowded space. You are going to need to drive traffic rather than wait for it. Post as much as you possibly can via social with links to your articles. Post in groups in FB, Linked In, and Google Plus. Set up Pinterest. Find some good hashtags to post your content on Twitter and Instagram. Also, post your content links in relative forums and blogs.

You have to get some hustle going if you want to see some revenue from your Adsense.

Jared Goss, Sep 17, 2017 IP
  19. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    What's wrong in not writing it

eric_wahlberg, Sep 19, 2017 IP
  20. CUTA

CUTA Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can say anything about my site. I like constructive criticisms as long as they make sense. in fact I like to listen to people to improve the quality of the site. I worked so hard with my other partner to take this site to where it's now. So if there is any more space for improvements, I like to take it. As you can see it has a pretty good score. Security is top notch, SEO is quite good, performance is also highly optimized. https://website.grader.com/results/nucuta.com
    I know I don't post contents frequently, and my english isn't good as a native speaker, but I am working on improving both these problems.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    CUTA, Oct 11, 2017 IP