1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$400m Johnson & Johnson Talcum power lawsuit...

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by dscurlock, Aug 22, 2017.

I guess this women came with terminal cancer by using talcum power; I really do
    not know all the facts, however, I was just wondering what others think....

I have seen other at fault death cases, however, I cant say that I have ever seen
    anyone that has been awarded such an excessive amount of money $400m+
    no doubt that johnson & johnson is going to appeal, and how about other lawsuits?
    is the company expected to pay $400m for each and every claim?

I am not sure where this women is in the process of her terminal cancer, but no
    company is going to let go of $400m dollars, so I hope she has other plans before
    she moves onto the next world as I do not see her getting anything before she passes.

do you think this is excessive amount awarded by the jury?

This case could be tied up for many, many years....

dscurlock, Aug 22, 2017 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Crazy court awards have been going on for years. Sometimes, they are at least partially justified because the company/individual was negligent or otherwise clearly at fault. Other times, however, it is because the injured party feels victimized by whatever happened and it must be somebody's fault because life should not be unfair. It stems from the whole "victimology" approach of demagogue politicians who preach that government and other institutions can solve all problems and fix everything and the consequences of poor life choices or random natural events are not the individual's fault. So, these sheeple are shocked and want to sue someone, anyone, when bad things happen (as they do naturally in life.)

jrbiz, Aug 25, 2017 IP
  3. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I understand what you are saying, and victims should be compensated, but $400m?
    maybe they are setting an example to the mega corp. Since they sell to the
    public, then they should have known what they were selling in their products.....

I think ultimately it could be reduced, and I have a feeling that this women will be
    dead and gone before she gets anything, as this could be in litigation for years...
    Johnson & Johnson is not going to say, ok, you beat us, here is your check....

I wonder how much Johnson & Johson is worth? As I am looking this up, it seems
    that they have 1000s of lawsuits, and not the only $100m case awarded, more like $307m...

The pharmaceutical company is facing more battles in US courts with nearly 4,800 outstanding talc lawsuits.
    https://www.rt.com/business/400741-johnson-verdict-more-losses-forecast/

These massive lawsuits may hurt their bottom line. :)
    (assuming the victims ever collect....)

dscurlock, Aug 25, 2017 IP
  4. Barti1987

Barti1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How much do you think that a human live is worth? These settlements are high because of the impact it has.

With a Net Income of 17 Billion dollars a year, I doubt it. Worth wise they are in the hundreds of billions, their assets alone is 133.41 Billion dollars.

J&J deny these claims, but if they are true - which I do not know, they need to settle those lawsuits.

Barti1987, Aug 25, 2017 IP