1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New directory: web-directory-24.com

Discussion in 'Solicitations & Announcements' started by Ron1234, Aug 11, 2017.

Hi all
    I created a new directory: web-directory-24.com. It is a general web directory optimized for mobile usage.

Kind regards
    Ron

Ron1234, Aug 11, 2017 IP
  2. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have you thought about how to monetize the directory? Paid listings? Adsense? Banners?

MrKing01, Aug 11, 2017 IP
  3. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    When I write this, the site has 177 links. It has no search function, which it could benefit from. It would make the site more user friendly. As it is now you have to click on directory categories and their subcategories to find what you are looking for. The site also lacks a map and therefore you can't locate a business based on its geographical location. Moreover it's difficult to know how many businesses are listed in every category. There is the information in the header where it's stated that there are 177 links. But there is no information beside every category that tell how many of the links/sites are there. The site would greatly benefit from adding this type of information. Regarding the listing types, there are both free and paid options. They are:

Featured link (permanent, 24-48h inclusion): $15.00
    Regular link (permanent, 24-48h inclusion): $4.00
    Regular link with reciprocal (1-2 week inclusion): Free
    Regular link (6+ week inclusion): Free

It should be mentioned that you pay for the paid listing options with Paypal.

MrKing01, Aug 19, 2017 IP
  4. Ron1234

Ron1234 Member

Best Answers:
    Hi MrKing01, thank you for your comments. I really appreciate it. I wrote the web directory code completely from scratch and launched it when the bare minimum was finished :). So yeah, it lacks some important features indeed. I'll be checking the search option first I think. In the meantime I added Adsense.
    Thanks again!

Ron1234, Aug 24, 2017 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  5. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's impressive that you have the skills to code a directory from scratch. I hope you directory becomes successful :)

MrKing01, Aug 28, 2017 IP
  6. Ron1234

Ron1234 Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, I finally added a search function to https://web-directory-24.com/.
    Furthermore for paid links, you can add:
    • A business address and phone number. A Google Maps business address link will be added.
    • Up to 5 deep links
    Kind regards
    Ron

Ron1234, Jul 16, 2020 IP
  7. Serial Scraper

Serial Scraper Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've added one of my sites, I will update you guys on whether it gets listed, if it is do-follow and if it can be indexed.
    Stay tuned

Serial Scraper, Oct 24, 2020 IP
  8. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Directories have been dead for ages now. I doubt there are people on DP who seriously believe that directories still work, if there are I'd be skeptical of what they have to say on the subject.

qwikad.com, Oct 25, 2020 IP
  9. Serial Scraper

Serial Scraper Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you, however, they are still good to add some variation to your link profile. And by no means directory sites should not be a focus of anyone backlink profile.

Serial Scraper, Oct 27, 2020 IP
  10. emega

emega Active Member

Best Answers:
    That is really cool that you coded the site from scratch. I'm curious what your admin panel looks like. I paid $1800 for my custom coded directory script on directoryfire.com

emega, Oct 27, 2020 IP
  11. cm2010

cm2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Ron,
    I was trying to submit https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCza1Pb0xlbF9lgkvMhS75kw in your category at https://web-directory-24.com/Recreation & Sports/Travel/
    But it was not possible, because error was "Please enter the url of your website, please don't put a '/' at the end" you need to fix this, because what if someone is trying to submit sub-folder or files.html URL

Suggestion: You should accept only main domain page to increase your business. How can I get listing above YouTube URL in your travel category?

cm2010, Jun 29, 2021 IP
  12. seomanualsubmission

seomanualsubmission Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    seomanualsubmission, Jun 29, 2021 IP