1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Scrubtheweb.com - domain authority 73

Discussion in 'Directories' started by maximus S, Jul 18, 2017.

I introduce one of the most powerful seo directory - Scrubtheweb.com
    Directory at glance

Trust rank: 6.23
    Domain authority: 73
    Trust flow: 66
    Citation flow: 48
    Referring domains: 8 500
    External backlinks: 1.4 mln
    Online without break since: 1996

Two types of subscription:
    • 5 $ - annual
    • 25 $ - lifetime

Instant acceptance, for more number of sites to add I provide discount, if you need I can issue an invoice for submission. I attach power of link

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    maximus S, Jul 18, 2017 IP
  2. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    This directory has been on the Internet for 21 years now. It's not penalized by Google. Did a Google search on the domain name and it showed up in the search results. It's claimed on the directory's website that the links there are dofollow. As there is no information on the total links on the website, I did a calculation based on how many links there are in each category. In total there are 183 links. With this somehow low number of links, this directory might not be the most popular one on the Internet, but I think the low number of links makes it easy for the directory owner to control that the links are not leading to low quality sites. Such links would reduce the quality of the directory and put it at risk of being penalized.

As there are only paid submissions this site will not be at risk of being spammed by people who use bots to promote their low quality websites. This directory will also not accept all types of links. In the "terms" section there is information about websites that will not be accepted. The list is pretty extensive, but at the end of the day it will ensure that the directory is only filled with links that will not harm the directory. The links that are not allowed are such that appear on directories that are penalized. Moreover, when you submit your site, there will not be an instant submission. It will be a 1 hour review. So this directory seems to be human edited.

It would be interesting to know if this directory has a system where they review the links every now and then. Just to make sure that the links are not dead or leading to low quality sites. This is relevant because some people buy dropped domains with good backlinks with the intent to redirect them to unrelevant low quality sites.

MrKing01, Aug 20, 2017 IP
  3. maximus S

maximus S Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you pick paid subscription and your site gets rejected you receive free code to get another site instead. If you have some concerns whether site is going to be accepted you can always ask me first before submission. System checks daily every single site whether it is up and running and in case of reciprocal link if link still exists

maximus S, Aug 20, 2017 IP
  4. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Apart from checking whether every site is up and running every day, will you control that the content on the websites don't go against the terms of the directory. I understand that you do this before submitting the links to the directory, but there is the chance that some people change the content once they get approved.

MrKing01, Aug 21, 2017 IP
  5. David1981

David1981 Peon

Best Answers:
    It is very difficult for a directory admin to check a website's content after approving a submitted site. And if an admin or editor checks it then how many times they will check content. I am also an owner of a web directory and i feel so.

David1981, Aug 21, 2017 IP
  6. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    To solve the "how many times they will check" issue, I have asked if they have a system in place. Apparently they have a system in place where they check the links daily to make sure that there are no dead links. If there could be a system for this purpose, I couldn't see why it would be a problem to periodically (once a week, once a month etc) check that the links are not going against the terms. It should be mentioned that there are terms on the site that state that links from some sites are not allowed. So it's up to the directory owner to enforce the terms.

Of course it would be convenient for the directory owner to only check the links before deciding whether to approve them or not. But if the directory owner is serious about the directory and doesn't want it to get penalized, then he should periodically check the links. It could be a bit of an issue if the directory is massive with thousands of links. But I think we have to put things into context here. There are 183 links in the directory right now, so in all honesty it wouldn't be a heavy job for the directory owner to check them periodically.

By the way, what's the name of your directory?

MrKing01, Aug 21, 2017 IP
  7. David1981

David1981 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's Leadinglinkdirectory dot com and Sefdirectory dot com

8. David1981

David1981 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am agree with your views, directory admin should check periodically. I periodically check for dead links and links redirect, but if someone has 10,000 links in his directory then there is no such a tool available in the market to check each website's content whether the content of that website is against the terms of the directory or not.

If you know any such tool to check each website's content then please share it here. Thanks.

9. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I guess he could write some type of random check, lets say the script emails him 10 sites
    per day to check, it is nothing more then a quick check to see if the sites still good....

he says he checks sites daily to make sure they are still active; not sure that is really needed,
    the bigger the directory gets, then the more resources it will take to check every single site....
    and what measures are in place just in case the site is down due to host outage, it happens....

but you are right, it is up to the owner to be proactive in order to ensure a quality directory.

dscurlock, Aug 21, 2017 IP
    MrKing01 likes this.
  10. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think it would be great if Scrub The Web setup a classifieds section...

something like:
    scrubtheweb.com/classifieds/

also, would be a plus if you Add:
    Business > Affiliates

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    dscurlock, Sep 19, 2017 IP
  11. FotoZone

FotoZone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Cool!!

FotoZone, Nov 1, 2017 IP
  12. David Morrison