1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PopAds.net Official Publisher Thread

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by tomksoft, Aug 20, 2010.

1. fappen

fappen Member

Best Answers:
    PopAds are great, they pay everyday, their ads and support works perfectly.

However I've been working with them for 4 years or so now, and I've seen my CPM drop from $1.7 to now bellow $0.4. It's slowly gone down more and more even tho my traffic have been the same (mostly American, Canadian and Western European). So I'm now at a point where the ads are not really worth it.
    (I run a adult blog with videos, and get $0.7-$1 on other networks).

fappen, Aug 16, 2017 IP
  2. bale

bale Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its probably the whole industry not just popads. Even adsense has people complaining recently about low cpc and big drops in earnings.

bale, Aug 16, 2017 IP
  3. phillipmorris

phillipmorris Member

Best Answers:
    How do I set the cpm to 0.65 its says 1.00 cpm is 0.001 so what would 0.65 cpm be set as?

phillipmorris, Aug 17, 2017 IP
  4. JustSomeStranger

JustSomeStranger Greenhorn

Best Answers:

JustSomeStranger, Aug 17, 2017 IP
  5. phillipmorris

phillipmorris Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks

phillipmorris, Aug 17, 2017 IP
  6. kikker

kikker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @@tomksoft i m using popads.php

but why its not working with adblock and ublock ?
    adblock and ublock is blocking your popunder with popads.php file ecen i tried adblock code its also same blocked by adblock

kikker, Aug 20, 2017 IP
  7. gae89

gae89 Member

Best Answers:
    Someone has had a decrease in traffic from 17 August?

gae89, Aug 20, 2017 IP
  8. JustSomeStranger

Best Answers:
    Tried to rename that file to something else than popads.php? ..naturally you have to rename the include code as well according to that filename. Just a thought but perhaps adblockers have blocked the whole words popads where it's include.

JustSomeStranger, Aug 20, 2017 IP
  9. ZoC

ZoC Active Member

Best Answers:
    How long you include the PHP file via request ( PHP ) none can't see the name ... but if you use the URL ( yourwebsite.com/popads.php ) that time bots can see but how long is via request or include via PHP the bots can't see it :)

ZoC, Aug 20, 2017 IP
  10. JustSomeStranger

Best Answers:
    To be honest I mixed up with ero-advertising's solution :). You're 100% right, filename does not matter in this case.

JustSomeStranger, Aug 20, 2017 IP
  11. ZoC

ZoC Active Member

Best Answers:
    Happens :)

ZoC, Aug 20, 2017 IP
  12. tomksoft

tomksoft Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I know rates are pretty bad :( But on the good side, I see like 15% increase in last 2 weeks.

Should be working fine, I will investigate. Also be aware that when using our Anti-Adblock, adblocks will still say that c1.popads.net and c2.popads.net were blocked. That's fine, ad should still open :)

Networkwide we have an increase...

Exactly, it is on php side so not a big deal. Yet, if anyone wants to, I think changing the file name would not break anything.

Now, I have a bit of a bad news. Just heard that Google is expanding its online ad monopoly. Till now they'd just blacklist websites with intrusive ads(like pops), auto-enable adblock(which we can bypass) and show an ugly warning to the user.
    In recent bug report/commit in Chromium code, things are getting worse - they are going to block window.open and all other methods of opening new window. This will basically make opening a popup/popunder completely impossible with very low chance of finding a workaround.
    We might try to switch to interstitials maybe, but I guess sooner or later, Google will block iframes with external content...(only on "blacklisted" websites, so their f***ing adsense won't be hurt of course).

tomksoft, Aug 21, 2017 IP
  13. JustSomeStranger

Best Answers:
    This more or less sounds like game over for pops, big thing for me personally is especially if they're going to blacklist those sites which are getting good traffic from google at the moment in case they are using any pops at all, all that SEO done going to be lost, damn :). I'm sure you have considered other forms of advertisement as well? Banners, perhaps invideo streaming ads etc, are there any future in those?

JustSomeStranger, Aug 21, 2017 IP
  14. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    I think if you are getting traffic from google or not, does not really matter. We are considering other type of ads, but neither banners nor video.
    Banners just do not really work, and dealing with $0.001 CPMs is not really my thing. Video is fine, but everyone's doing it and it is fine only for streaming websites.
    On other sites it is useless, as video ads cannot be autoplay as per Google's "Better ads" standards.
    We have something in development right now, something very new and, well, experimental.

I believe that running away to other adtypes isn't really an option, as they will be considered by google as annoying sooner or later. I guess any kind of advertisement will be considered bad by Google unless it looks and works like adwords ads. Which you cannot do as they have like 130 patents just for adwords.

15. RapidVideo

RapidVideo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Its sad that Google do this to us and everyone else. Its like killing the whole Internet industry with that, because many services finance the servers with the internet ads and when there is no server anymore, the internet will become smaller again and the hosts will be struggling to sell servers to customers. I see it as a damage to economy itself, especially US economy for servers and ads, etc. All of it because of Google.

RapidVideo, Aug 21, 2017 IP
  16. JustSomeStranger

Best Answers:
    Yes I'm sure getting traffic from google doesn't matter to everyone, but personally I'm running other monetizing methods apart from pops as well and google blacklisting would be saying bye bye to 50k visitors per day, so yeah ..for me it matters. Anyways, I understand your point.

Jumping to other ad formats, good point. Like you said, they're more than likely going to kill away every ad format slowly but surely, so it's great to hear you got something new and very different boiling up!

JustSomeStranger, Aug 21, 2017 IP
  17. cromiu

cromiu Member

Best Answers:
    i think most networks will switch to other ad formats...which means there is no chance for a big amount of websites who block chrome...

i dont know whats going on behind the scenes in the pop market..but in public nobody is talking about it..looks like nobody is willing to fight it.

i guess switching from ad format to ad format is what we will see in the next years.

cromiu, Aug 21, 2017 IP
  18. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    Why would you want to have your own server? Google wants you to go to their cloud and host your stuff there. Oh, and remove all ads and give your content to Google for free as AMP format and they will even host it for you, for free!

The thing is that what I am working on can be blocked by Google as well... It will be a bit harder to do, but with Chrome they can do whatever they want.
    And regarding search results blacklisting - it is their search engine, they set rules. They can blacklist you if your background is pink if they want - search engine is their business. For me it gets critical when their crap affects nearly all traffic.

I will be fighting it. There is some setback due to holiday season, but people are back now and work will resume shortly.
    And people will start talking about it heavily after 1st January, when actual blocking starts happening.

19. cromiu

cromiu Member

Best Answers:
    How will you fight it? Us court as an outside company? Man not even big none US companies win sh.t there.

cromiu, Aug 21, 2017 IP
  20. xuyzk

xuyzk Member

Best Answers:
    i upgraded my website from http to https , do i need to change the domain in popads panel ??

xuyzk, Aug 21, 2017 IP