1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's your recommendation: Wordpress or Wix to build a website?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by carlosa98, Jun 7, 2017.

1. locals

locals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with a lot that you are saying, I won't waste my energy on things I've already stated, however if an individual can identify the last few things in your paragraph... they probably are not looking for someone else to build them anything.

Also, anyone (with basic knowledge of web design/development) can easily populate all of the data from MMs website and display it in a more visually appealing manner

locals, Aug 5, 2017 IP
  2. dabbu347

dabbu347 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Majority of top successful websites are on WordPress .... so i will also prefer WordPress :cool:

dabbu347, Aug 18, 2017 IP
  3. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Another one talking out of his ass, where on earth did you get that assumption from?

malky66, Aug 18, 2017 IP
  4. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not a proponent of Wordpress, but I think people are persuaded by this:

https://wordpress.org/showcase/

MrKing01, Aug 18, 2017 IP
  5. webMTO

webMTO Peon

Best Answers:
    For heavy traffic choose a costumed platform. I can offer you the solution. For easy one I'll choose WordPress. Easy to setup and admin. try to not use useless plugins.

webMTO, Sep 6, 2017 IP
    locals likes this.
  6. kellyrose

kellyrose Active Member

Best Answers:
    Any web designer or developer 100% goes for WordPress, because it is easier for them to edit the code php, html, css etc., and we have bunch of free and paid plugin, themes to modify the website without changing the pages data. The features you have in WordPress can't find in wix.

If you are not a coding guy, then definitely go for Wix, it is easy for you to edit, drag and drop the elements, and morethan that you enjoy working on wix. One of my friend few days back showed his wix websites, it was really nice but looks bit layman type.

kellyrose, Sep 12, 2017 IP
    locals likes this.
  7. Manoj Negi

Manoj Negi Banned

Best Answers:
    1- Flexible and customizable- WordPress is an open source and you can do any desired customization in it but Wix is managed by their professionals.

2- Easy to use- For WordPress a little coding knowledge is required sometime or you need to hire a developer but for Wix, a non-developer easily can work on it. For an example, in the Wix, you have the drag and drop option to manage your website layout, sections etc.

3- Customer support- Wordpress don't have any support option where Wix has a dedicated team to assist you.

4- Regular maintenance- you have to manage the Wordpress maintenance and updates where in the Wix they do it for you.

Manoj Negi, Sep 12, 2017 IP
    locals likes this.
  8. jetone

jetone Member

Best Answers:
    If you are looking to pick and learn a platform, it definitely should be wordpress. You cant learn anything on wix as it's just a point & click/drag & drop type builder where the site gets built visually/on the frontend. Wordpress is a lot more customizable and powerful and knowing how to work with it will be really handy for future website builds.

jetone, Sep 28, 2017 IP
    locals likes this.