1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much is my website worth?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Sandra Rave, Aug 4, 2017.

Hello,

I am the owner of a celebrity blog and forum, I have seen that it’s possible to sell website on the internet so I was checking an online tool and I found the value of my site is around $75,000.

I really would like to sell it as soon as possible.

Can you guys give me a confirmation about the metric and system used to evaluate my website?

I have contacted BizBroker24, a good Mergers and Acquisition company of E-Business and they told me they can give me 3.0x multiple of my NET Income (Cash).

What do you think about it?

Thank you a lot!

Sandra Rave, Aug 4, 2017 IP
  2. Allen James

Allen James Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can't say how reliable such a tool could be, but the most important thing is your net income and if they offer you 3 times your yearly net income, that's a fair deal. At least, I think so. But at the end it's up to you and you have to decide if that is enough for you or not. Keep in mind that you should be patient as it takes some time.

Allen James, Aug 4, 2017 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Those online website worth calculators are quite inaccurate. One can appraise your site at $5K, the next one at $75K.

It really all boils down to HOW MUCH your site is making. I doubt anyone will go by website worth calculator to seal the deal. Eventually BizBroker24 or whoever you'll try to sell it to will ask you to show them the money.

qwikad.com, Aug 4, 2017 IP
    Allen James and thebrandman like this.
  4. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I understand how you feel. You have a blog and forum, and out of a sudden you see that it has been valued to around $75K. It's a big amount of money and anybody in your situation would also feel eager to sell their site. However, the reliability of the website value calculators can be questionable which @Allen James and @qwikad.com have pointed out. I don't think that a value that has been presented by a value calculator will be enough to determine the real value or seal a deal. There are different factors that play a part. First of all, an interested buyer would most likely
    want to see how much the yearly income from your site is. Also the traffic and monetization of the site are factors that will be looked at. Someone who wants to buy the website will at least require to break even. If your site is not giving you around $75K yearly it would be hard for you to get that amount for your site.

MrKing01, Aug 4, 2017 IP
    thebrandman likes this.
  5. DavidFeldman

DavidFeldman Peon

Best Answers:
    Generally speaking, the value is between 9 to 12 months of profit the site makes. So if you profit $1K a month, then it's worth around $9K or $12K. There are exceptions, but that's the basic idea.

DavidFeldman, Aug 10, 2017 IP
  6. Jeff_from_NJ

Jeff_from_NJ Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like the calculator operates like a real estate agent trying to get a listing. They tell you anything to get a contract to sell your home, then when the home doesn't sell for the ridiculously inflated price they told you, they suggest you reduce the price to, "bring in more traffic". In other words, now that we've locked you up in a real estate agents contract, we can be honest and tell you your house is not worth anything near what we originally told you.

I always look at things like this, if someone says your product is worth X, sell it to them for 90% of X and you both will make a killing.

From the tone in your "voice", I can see you don't really believe your site is worth 75K, and it probably is not. Listen to Feldman, he speaks truth.

Jeff_from_NJ, Aug 15, 2017 IP
  7. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    that is interesting, according to these site valuations tools, my domain is worth $10....
    I think the branding alone that my domain carries would be worth $1,000s....

and I would reject any offers that said they would pay 3x the income of the site....
    If I had a good money making site forsale, then I would consider 10x-20x, so if I
    had a site earning $5k, then I would consider between $50k-$100k, if not, then
    I would be ok as I would still be earning $5k/mo while you keep thinking about it....

So i dont know if your domain is worth anything or not, however, people
    base their buying decisions on how much the domain is making, so if this
    news site is not making any money, then I doubt it is worth all that much....

dscurlock, Aug 15, 2017 IP
  8. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Online site valuations tools are a waste of time. It's worth as much as a buyer is willing to pay for it.

Are you talking about per month or per year multiples?

dcristo, Aug 15, 2017 IP
  9. NameLane.com

NameLane.com Member

Best Answers:
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, lot of it boils down to the perception of value by the buyer..with emotions attached :)

NameLane.com, Aug 15, 2017 IP
  10. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Online website value calculator gives you vague data on site value. Your website value depends on a lot of factors like how much traffic your website get? how much of your site generating revenue? etc.

iwebsocial, Aug 21, 2017 IP
  11. Argy Owl

Argy Owl Banned

Best Answers:
    Net income monthly or annually?

Argy Owl, Aug 24, 2017 IP
  12. daronch

daronch Active Member

Best Answers:
    Which online tool did you use? It probably isn't accurate.

The metrics used to calculate a website's worth is normally based on the net income per month. Your website will normally be valued at 12 to 24 months of your monthly net profit.

You can go to flippa.com to check out the prices or seek a valuation from empireflippers.com or feinternational.com

daronch, Sep 11, 2017 IP
    jerytohn likes this.
  13. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Online site calculators can't determine a value of a business. They use some silly algorithm to attempt to determined a sites value based on popularity of backend links and estimated/guestimated traffic. Those sites can greatly over evaluate or under evaluate a sites worth. You could have a million dollar business selling services or items with minimal traffic and these sites will tell you your web site is worth $15.77. You could also have a web site appraised at $50k meanwhile it's earning $50 bucks a month. There are way too many factors that go in to determining your websites worth.

I'll help you out though...

Making $0? Your web site is worth...............................................$0.
    Web site has no traffic? Your web site is worth................................................$0.
    Your web site hasn't been updated in 6 years because you got bored and tired of it not performing for you? Your web site is worth.......................................$0.
    Your web site is brand new and hasn't even been established yet? Yea........................................$0.

On the flip side.... if you are making $50k NET a year with your site? Why would you sell it for 1 year revenue? Silly.
    If your web site is making $100/month. Why would you sell it for 9 months revenue when you can just hold on to it...

People generally sell web sites when there is either OBVIOUS high value to it =OR= OBVIOUS no value. Most sites will fall with in no value.

NetStar, Sep 12, 2017 IP