1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Directory Submission Quality

Discussion in 'Directories' started by phplduser, Jun 9, 2017.

Hi All Dp Users,

I don't know why but it still amazes me at the large percentage of poorly written and or lack of information type of submissions i get and most are from companies that have properly been paid to do so by others trying to promote a new or established business / site.

All The Best
    J

phplduser, Jun 9, 2017 IP
  2. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You get these poorly written submissions because people buy "I will list you on 50+ directories for only $5" on Fiverr and similar freelancing platforms.

MrKing01, Jul 10, 2017 IP
  3. Hemang Rindani

Hemang Rindani Member

Best Answers:
    Doing anything in bulk is dangerous and specially when you have an eye from Google on you. Directories are the quickest way to get links of you are a startup, however, once you have an established website, this links will harm your ranking if not done correctly. People though does not understand this and in fact there is very little awareness about SEO and thus this spamming.

Hemang Rindani, Aug 8, 2017 IP
  4. BinkyM

BinkyM Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    manually directory submission always work rather then bulk submission

BinkyM, Aug 8, 2017 IP
  5. Depakmath

Depakmath Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I am totally agreed with Hemang...

Don't submit too many directories in few times, also try to prefer only high-quality directories sites.. believe in quality.

Depakmath, Aug 11, 2017 IP
  6. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Bulk submision its seen as spam .I give you an example ,on my youtube channel i was uploading like 70 videos daily and i was not getting good ranking .In one of my channel i was upload only 1 quality video per day and it was rank amazing .The thing its to go with quality not quantity

Spartan14, Aug 11, 2017 IP
  7. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with @Spartan14 that it's important to focus on quality and not quantity. The problem with bulk submissions is that you are not doing a research on the directories you want to list your site in. You just submit your site to as many directories as possible. It's problematic because you will sooner or later list your site in a bad directory that has been penalized by Google. Because your link is in the bad directory you will also be penalized by Google. Their algorithm works in this way. So bear in mind that you can do more harm than good to your site when you do a bulk submission.

If I was in a situation where I only could choose between a bulk submission or no submission, I would easily choose the latter option. The conclusion
    is that you should find a small number of directories that are high quality and list your site there.

MrKing01, Aug 11, 2017 IP
  8. David1981

David1981 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am agree with Spartan, Nowadays quality is more important than quantity. If you have submitted your website in few quality directories, you will get good ranking rather than 100 free spam directories. So choose quality not quantity.

David1981, Aug 21, 2017 IP
  9. misterdonman

misterdonman Active Member

Best Answers:
    I believe everyone has said it all. Favour quality over quantity. It is crucial for you business sake that you perform an in-depth research of the best directories to submit to or if you are hiring someone you should check both his credentials and have a clear idea of what you what and what you should be doing for your business.

misterdonman, Sep 20, 2017 IP
  10. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Directory submission is already abused these past few years and only premium are still alive and trusted.

KylieSweet, Oct 12, 2017 IP
  11. FotoZone

FotoZone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Directory is cool for google, paid links (dow follow ) is not good.

FotoZone, Nov 1, 2017 IP
  12. tahir9110

tahir9110 Member

Best Answers:
    Bulk directory submission is poison

tahir9110, May 8, 2019 IP