1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need SEO help to drive traffic on Travel Website!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by rozerr, Jul 28, 2017.

Hello Guys,

Recently i am working on a travel startup website. It has 25 Indian cities to promote (currently 15) and services it provides is itinerary planning and Guide booking.

I have created some links using these techniques:

Profile linking (50), classified ads (20), business listing (20), startup submission (10), Blogging (30 post), Blog commenting (20), Q&A (5) and Social media optimization and sharing

Things i am still need to do with website - Title & Meta tags implementation, Sitemap, Robots.txt, Page speed improvement

Analytics Report - Getting 20 to 40 users per day (sometimes as low as 1), No referral traffic apart from Facebook (it is also negligible), No conversions

Our Goals - People sign-ups and their itinerary creation (It's free), Guide Booking

We are running our blog on sub domain structure. It is all new website and we are still uploading data and do some changes on site parallel.

Need Suggestions:

1. How to increase targeted traffic (organically)? What techniques should i use to promote it?
    2. Is there any issue to run blog on sub domain rather than sub directory structure, if Yes, What are they?
    3. Is there any tutorial to read for multi-city SEO techniques (specifically for travel industry)? Please share with me.
    4. Should i need to do Paid marketing like PPC, Paid content links, Social media Marketing?

Note - If someone wants i can share link of my website here too (If it is needed).

rozerr, Jul 28, 2017 IP
  2. tonyhawkcaprio

tonyhawkcaprio Peon

Best Answers:
    You have to focus on your city wise keywords which include your cities name.

tonyhawkcaprio, Jul 28, 2017 IP
  3. Gosuperb

Gosuperb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Here are my suggestions to your questions:

1. I like to compare SEO with a delicious cake. If you want to make a tasty cake, you have to combine the right ingredients properly. The same goes for an outstanding SEO architecture. Combining on-the-page and off-the-page SEO methods, such as: proper use of long tail keywords in clusters, article submission, guest blogging, multimedia content and social media conversation could be rewarding. However, make sure you are creating original and valuable content first.

2. A subdomain is a part of the main website. But, it’s considered a separate entity by the search engines. Subdomains can be used for organizational purposes, or even for an SEO boost.

3. Location data can be useful for targeting your marketing and advertising. You can find the Locations report under Demographics in the Audience section in Google Analytics. The results can be based in levels of detail. You can see data for continents, countries/territories, regions and cities.

4. That is up to you and your budget. Since we are living in an era where social media platforms rule the world of communication, numerous companies are using social media websites and social networks to market certain products and services and thereby increase their exposure while expanding their customer reach.

Gosuperb, Jul 29, 2017 IP
    krishmk likes this.
  4. nekabloggymedia

nekabloggymedia Active Member

Best Answers:
    This help me a lots for my work.

nekabloggymedia, Jul 30, 2017 IP
  5. Pawansharma

Pawansharma Active Member

Best Answers:
    First you select the city wise target keywords and try to create separate page for each city and add unique and relevant content on every pages.

And find out local & thematic website for submission. Like trip advisor, yatra(dot)com etc...

this kind of sites may generate traffic for your website.

Pawansharma, Jul 30, 2017 IP
  6. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can also use facebook ads to get fast traffic

Spartan14, Jul 31, 2017 IP
  7. Anthony20

Anthony20 Member

Best Answers:
    For referral traffic, guest posting is one of the best ways. If you are using social media like Facebook, search for travel groups in your location and start posting content with creative visuals.

Anthony20, Jul 31, 2017 IP
  8. Akjha

Akjha Member

Best Answers:
    Add your Local Region, plus a relevant keyword, within your landing page title tag, H1 tag and landing page URL. You need to ensure that you have your full NAP across your whole website. Focused every aspects of ON-Page....

Akjha, Jul 31, 2017 IP
  9. Samuel Roy

Samuel Roy Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest Social Media Optimization is more helpful to increase more traffic for your travel website.

Samuel Roy, Aug 1, 2017 IP
  10. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have you got any suggestions or examples regarding social media optimization that can help OP?

MrKing01, Aug 2, 2017 IP
  11. dfros

dfros Active Member

Best Answers:
    Make sure you build an email list. That will give the occasional traffic boost and can push social shares. SEO is another world. Hire someone to do that. Good luck!

dfros, Sep 4, 2017 IP
  12. Manish.ebiztrait

Manish.ebiztrait Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    List your business on TripAdvisor and improve presence on it.

Manish.ebiztrait, May 21, 2019 IP
  13. harrys56431

harrys56431 Peon

Best Answers:
    Make some strategy to get backlinks from high authority, traveling website and share your content on these types of website. I will recommend you to get social signals to your website and it will help you in getting traffic.

harrys56431, May 22, 2019 IP