1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help on a new dropship website

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by audiomovement, Jul 27, 2017.

Hi, I have recently started a dropshipping site, however the conversion rate seems rather low. I have been using adwords and tweaking it a bit, but still not growing quite fast enough. Am I doing something wrong?

My website is https://audiomovement.com. Any advise would be awesome.

audiomovement, Jul 27, 2017 IP
  2. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you have too look beyond adwords when it comes to promoting your website. I'm not saying that you should abandon adwords but you should look at different platforms to reach your target audience. Many people are using social media nowadays, have you tried to reach potential customers there?

MrKing01, Jul 27, 2017 IP
  3. audiomovement

audiomovement Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the response @MrKing01 . I haven't heavily invested in social media. As I am not selling to people locally, sharing it to my friends doesn't seem to fit. But if I want to target locations, I hear people use Facebook ads. Not sure how effective it is though. What platform would you recommend for these kind of products? Instagram?

audiomovement, Jul 27, 2017 IP
  4. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on who you want to target. If your target audience mainly consists of young people, you should use Instagram. If the target audience is mixed when it comes to age, use Facebook. Both platforms are good though, because they have many users.

MrKing01, Jul 28, 2017 IP
  5. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    selling online can be a hit and miss thing, and can take quite some time for a site to get off the ground...
    If adwords is barely working, or not working, then I would dump adwords, otherwise, you end up losing
    even more money, as you try to take one step forward, you end up taking 5 steps backwards. you could
    try facebook, unless you are some FB guru ad mastermind, then you may not have much luck there either....

Im not all that crazy about your domain, or the site itself...what do you have that cant be gotten at
    local shop or even walmart for that matter? You could try SEO, however, you will spend the next
    year fighting off competition as it will take some time moving up the serp latter, and very costly....
    SEO could pay off in the end if you are willing to put in money, and time, but who wants to setup
    a site, invest a lot of money, then 1-2 years later realize it is a total fail, it is a risk for sure....

personally, I would not setup a site unless I had some type of unique product that I knew could
    not be purchased locally, or someplace else for that matter; seeing that you are selling stuff that
    could be purchased elsewhere, then I think you are going to have a challenge getting this off the ground.

dscurlock, Jul 28, 2017 IP
  6. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    What do you think about him including his products on Google shopping? Could it help?

7. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    I do not know anything about google shopping.
    however, using 3rd party sites like etsy maybe an option...
    I know some merchants make $1000s of dollars per month....
    and I am sure there are merchants that wish they made something....

I would even use them if I know where I could get quality
    products, and not that shit from aliexpress. I would rather
    use a site that has tons of traffic rather then starting a site
    from the ground up, hoping that i make it in the future....

8. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    From my own experience I know that the so-called "shit" from aliexpress could sometimes be good. A merchant should of course make sure that his stock consists of high quality products. Otherwise he will lose customers. I know that it can be hard to compete with an imported brand from for example "aliexpress" that numerous competitors already sell. A way to make yourself competitive is to rebrand the product. Make the package more appealing. Remove the generic brand name and give it a unique name. I don't know if you have seen the juice box headphones, you could do a Google search, but I know that it adds value and makes the product competitive.

9. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    from my own experience, I ordered a number of items from aliexpress for testing...
    9 out of 10 of the items were junk, and within a single month got 10 complaints
    of broken merchandise, or refund requests because they felt the item they paid
    $20 was not worth $20, and to be honest, I could not argue with them...

maybe you are right, maybe it is about finding the right product...
    unfortunate every product I picked turned out to be crap....

I suspect anyone that has some type of aliexpress store only expect to get
    one way customers, and that means they buy once, and never come back...
    I cant recall that I ever got a repeat buyer, but all i did was drive traffic
    to the store hoping to make a sale, as this is not a repeat business, but a numbers game.

Those that claim to use FB to drive traffic, I never heard many people say
    they had repeat buyers; their goal was clear, drive traffic, make money...

there are two sites that I buy from over and over, one is walmart, as I know
    they are a trusted source, and vape, I constantly buy vape stuff all the time...
    every now and then I may use amazon, and on occasion ebay....

but all these aliexpress shops I see online with competely random products...
    If you expect to sell anything, then your traffic needs to be precisely targeted
    for each product you sell, and that is difficult if you have random products....

10. audiomovement

audiomovement Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, thanks for the replies.

I ordered quite a few of these items online and it is good quality. It is also praised by a lot of other audiophiles. However, I do understand, if an average buyer who doesn't really pay attention to the quality, then it is possible that Walmart stuff are probably more accessible to them. So the question is, does being better quality and cheaper enough to be competitive in this already competitive market? I know it is not my own product nor my own brand, so that makes it even harder for me to standout I suppose.

Also, @dscurlock , what do you think is the problem with the domain name? Is it misleading? Thanks for all your input!

audiomovement, Jul 28, 2017 IP
  11. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    I really do not want to get into this...
    (there are many reasons why a site fails or succeeds...)

• bad theme
    • bad products
    • price too low
    • price too high
    • bad niche
    • colors
    • Bad SEO
    • Bad Content
    • Bad Marketing
    Running a site for money is not always black & white; I have actually read case studies
    on certain colors can have an affect on conversions, and bad colors = zero conversions...

Do you know how to research, and understand analytics? where is your traffic going, how
    long are they staying, are they visiting multiple pages, and if you can not undersand all
    of this, then how can you ever find and fix any problems your site may have?

I wish it was just slap up a shop, then make money...
    but it does not always work that way; people these days are very paranoid
    on buying from sites they do not know, and if visitors do not trust your
    site, then you will never go very far in the world of ecommerce....

Exactly which of these categories you fit into is something you have to figure out....

ps. I do not like your domain because it is partial vague. If I have a domain
    called christmasgifts.com; Would you expect to see gifts on my site?
    what would visitors expect when they see AudioMovement? It kinda
    makes me wonder why I would even want to go to the site, but that
    is just me, as I have seen some very stupid domains become successful....
    (but I think you could be more creative...)

12. audiomovement

audiomovement Peon

Best Answers:
    I see. Thanks for the feedback. I will take all that into consideration. I have been doing a lot of research, just that as you said, nothing is that black and white. No article can help every single situation. I am glad that you gave me some feedback for my particular case. It gives me a bit more idea where I can improve. Thanks everyone.

audiomovement, Jul 31, 2017 IP
  13. zzzsmokeyzzz

zzzsmokeyzzz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Social Media has gotten me the most sales of anything. Facebook and Instagram are goldmines if you use them correctly and have engaged active users.

zzzsmokeyzzz, Jul 31, 2017 IP
  14. audiomovement

audiomovement Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you using paid? or free traffic?

audiomovement, Jul 31, 2017 IP
  15. debbie hansen

debbie hansen Member

Best Answers:
    I like the niche specific dropshipping you have - focusing on audio more. There are already wired and wireless items live in the site. Except for adwords, you can also consider adding social media advertisement in your marketing arsenal. Facebook is a good place to start. In addition, you may also add more audio related products like dropshipping bluetooth speakers like https://www.colourblocker.com.au/wireless-bluetooth-shower-speaker, powerbank for charging their headset, cases, and more in your website so that when a customer visits your website, he/she will have more options to get.

debbie hansen, Jul 31, 2017 IP
  16. siavashmusic

siavashmusic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am telling you, Facebook is the best option for you at the moment.
    Just remember you need to cook Facebook's pixel first which is the main key to get good results.

siavashmusic, Aug 1, 2017 IP
  17. CMihail

CMihail Member

Best Answers:
    The big problem that small online stores stay stucked is that they are loosing lots of money on advertising to get traffic, but don't know how to deal with visitors that are not buying. That's when you are money are flying away.

If I were you I would consider and add some scarcity effects and optimize the site to be ready fron the incoming traffic you will be getting from your future marketing campaigns.

What I would personally add?

1. Countdown Timer to each product I plan to promote via fb/ig ads. ig shootouts or whatever you use as your conversion funnel
    2. You are missing the fact that you really need to build an e-mail list and that's an important part of your online store succes.
    3. Cross sells and up sells it can boost your sales with up to 25%.
    Hope it works out for you!

CMihail, Aug 28, 2017 IP
  18. audiomovement

audiomovement Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys. Really great input. I will consider these options.

audiomovement, Sep 1, 2017 IP
  19. Hemang Rindani

Hemang Rindani Member

Best Answers:
    Success doesn't come unless the business is promoted aggressively. Also, content and CRO plays an important role. Look at the sessions of the website, if they are not enough, try making improving it through promotions and SEO. On website, try A/B testing and see what converts.

Hemang Rindani, Sep 4, 2017 IP
  20. Marcowb2708

Marcowb2708 Member

Best Answers:
    You need to focus more on quality
    Maybe more laser target customers? Use facebook to do so

Marcowb2708, Oct 2, 2017 IP