1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Needing digital marketing advice for new bouncy castle business

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Dimelo, Jun 30, 2017.

I've recently been given the opportunity to partner with a business owner to create the website of their newly branded jumping castle hire business e.g. bouncy castles with TMNT/'Other Kids Brand" banners. I've been tasked with website and branding creation and will receive a percentage of the digital marketing sales (around $50 each booking).

• The site's finished - it's a Woocommerce catalog site.
    • There are forms associated with each castle so users can request specific castles and dates.
    • I created the logo so I have all the digital assets of the branding.
    • I will be setting up a Facebook page for the business with money allocated to Facebook marketing.
    • Budget: <$500 to begin with.
    What digital marketing strategy do you think would lead to the most sales/conversions considering my limited budget?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
    Dimelo, Jun 30, 2017 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    A facebook business page (and its marketing) is the way to go. I don't know how many people really googling that kind of stuff. I presume most people just ask their friends on fb if they know of any good bouncy castle business. Craigslist would be another option.

qwikad.com, Jun 30, 2017 IP
  3. Torri Thompson

Torri Thompson Member

Best Answers:
    For free you can create a Google My Business listing. There are indeed people searching in Google for bounce house rentals - check the Google Keyword Planner to see roughly how many are each month.

Having a maps listing is a direct way to get traffic from Google, that is, if the listing is in one of the top spots. You gain a top spot by listing the business' name, address and phone number on business directory sites (Yelp, Super Pages, Yellow Pages, Foursquare etc). In fact, here's a list of the sites you should do this on. These are called citations, and they count as referrals for your business, and can help it show up higher for different searches.

I have done this to place a bounce house business at the top of the map listings in Google, which appear when people search for rentals in the area. It gets more people to call directly from the listing, and sends others to the website.

Facebook is also a good way to go, as many people also inquire via social media.

As for the website, try to address the questions people might have when looking for a bounce house so more people will call for a quote or to book a rental. (Price, hours, locations served, pictures of all of the rentals)

I hope all of this helps.

Torri Thompson, Jul 26, 2017 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I think that FB might work or Google PPC ads might, as well. I would also consider YellowBook and Craigslist if you are in the U.S. What is important is that you target kids' events with your marketing, especially birthdays.

jrbiz, Jul 26, 2017 IP
  5. Bielefelder

Bielefelder Member

Best Answers:
    There are many ways to promote your business. Some are free and some are not. I would also recommend doing some Facebook advertising for your product. Maybe Youtube could be interesting.

Bielefelder, Jul 27, 2017 IP
  6. thebrandman

thebrandman Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. A Facebook page might prove useful, although, with Page reach being so low (roughly only 1-3% of page followers will even see the posts a Page makes), whomever maintains the business page, will have to work very hard to product Facebook page content that people actually see in their FB feeds.

A Youtube video is also a great marketing idea. People are visual creatures. A video about a service -- especially such a niche service as was noted in this topic -- may be useful for those who want to learn more about the service. The trick to being successful with a video, though, is to product a quality video that captures the attention of others. Be visual. Be passionate. Be compelling. People remember compelling.

thebrandman, Jul 28, 2017 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  7. ComtechDigital

ComtechDigital Member

Best Answers:
    I might be wrong but I'd assume that this kind of service would be popular with specific children related events and birthday parties so if it were me I'd partner with other businesses and provide them with a cut of the profits for simply adding you to the menu. Assuming the same target audience for an online method perhaps Facebook custom audience ads targeted to parents with children or that follow parenting related groups/pages (or if possible that have children with upcoming birthdays, not sure if you can do that, I know you can do some stuff with bdays but not sure about bdays of their children specifically) in the specific area. Anyway, just a thought.

ComtechDigital, Aug 4, 2017 IP
    jrbiz likes this.