1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Confusion between choosing Dedicated Hosting Web Hosting

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by myilraj, Jul 26, 2017.

Dear all,
    I had the biggest confusion in choosing a best-dedicated hosting for upgrading from VPS environment.

Here is the list:
    BlueHost
    GoDaddy
    HostGator
    Ipage
    Site Ground
    InMotion
    Liquid Web

Please answer as follows:
    1.) Which company is best in terms of service and customer support
    2.) Your suggestion for hardware components like,
    .... CPU = ?
    .... RAM = ?
    .... HDD or SSD = ?
    .... Bandwidth = ?

3.) What will be the best price to afford for a Server with i5 processor, 8GB Ram, 2TB HDD(RAID 1), 20TB bandwidth = ?

Awaiting your valuable support as follows.

myilraj, Jul 26, 2017 IP
  2. webhost.uk.net

webhost.uk.net Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can you share details regarding your website requirement in terms of traffic and data it will hold. Because thats the major part to define RAM and CPU you will require.
    In you selected list most are EIG (HG/ Bluehost) same company, just google this companies reviews.
    Also important question is are you looking for managed dedicated server? as most above company will add management charge.

webhost.uk.net, Jul 26, 2017 IP
  3. myilraj

myilraj Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply.
    Regarding traffic, all sites(7 approx.) were new and under development stage. About 100 Visits a day, but soon will push it to get more than 5000 visits a day in next 3 - 4 months.
    Also, will host new sites on request from my team in this server.
    All sites were build on Wordpress.
    Looking for Managed Dedicated Server, either fully or semi (without eating hands for money).

myilraj, Jul 26, 2017 IP
  4. KingViper

KingViper Member

Best Answers:
    Liquid web might be the best in your list.
    I am unsure why you would need a whole dedicated for such traffic. If you want fast Wordpress you would be putting Varnish or an equivalent cache in front of the sites anyway, and this would mean a large part of your server's resources will simply be wasted.

KingViper, Jul 26, 2017 IP
  5. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    If all your sites combined will be getting 5000 a day I am wondering why do you want to switch to dedicated server? Most VPSes have 4 cores CPU and that's what you're going to get with a dedicated server. Of course, you can get 8 cores CPU (Hostgator's Enterprise Server as an example), BUT you'll be paying 4-5 times more. You really do not need 8 cores CPU with 5000 visitors per day. Your current VPS package should be handling that influx of traffic just fine.

qwikad.com, Jul 26, 2017 IP
  6. myilraj

myilraj Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your kind advice, but one thing I want to inform you.
    Totally Seven websites were there as of now, and present VPS server is running on 2GB RAM.
    Also, when looking for long term service, Its better to go with Dedicated Servers because just for the sake of the time If I am upgrading to another Higher end VPS.
    After a year or so, again I need to upgrade if all the sites starts receiving higher traffic.
    Also, I am running 3 sites on already Dedicated IP with Ad Sense. So, in view for long term I was informed to move on to Dedicated Environment for better reliability.
    In General and on an average, a VPS with 8GB Ram, 4Core processor, 3TB bandwidth costs around $80.
    On Dedicated Environment, with 8GB Ram, 4Core processor, 20TB Bandwidth costs around $150.

So, If use 50% of the server then I can have some 50% resource which I can sell for someone else which will bare the monthly server costs.
    However I am utilizing VPS costs only, and rest 50% I can sell and make an additional income to manage this.

Thats Why I am asking for the best hosting company in this concerned.

Regards,
    Myilraj G

myilraj, Jul 26, 2017 IP
  7. SolaDrive

SolaDrive Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Only provider in that list that is half decent is LiquidWeb, the rest are mostly EIG owned and you want to stay away from them. LiquidWeb has recently acquired WiredTree though and has been known to have some issues right now due to the overwhelming amount of support they need to provide now.

SolaDrive, Aug 11, 2017 IP
  8. Quarind

Quarind Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that for each specific case it is necessary to choose a separate provider. In some projects, it will be especially important to place for example a CDN server in Europe, whose data center is not in the US. The same applies to the choice of server configuration and price, some servers need a large amount of space for data storage, and some vice versa, the processing power.

Quarind, Aug 30, 2017 IP
  9. sarangasmart

sarangasmart Member

Best Answers:
    Forget the crap on other dedicated hosting , VPS proivders. I've been using Liquid Web for last 4 years and never got any major issues. Would highly recommend you to take a look at Liquid Web as they provide fair discount codes.

sarangasmart, Sep 24, 2017 IP
  10. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Liquidweb is undisputed king of providing top notch hosting solutions. Their customer support is excellent and way better than any others. You can definitely go with them.

iwebsocial, Sep 27, 2017 IP