1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Global sources , Ali Baba and Alliexpress + in the other good wholesalers.

Discussion in 'General Business' started by gcfarri, Jul 25, 2017.

I want to buy in bulk from a wholesaler and would like to know if anybody out there as heard of one called Global sources also how reliable and honest they are compared to Ali Baba and Alliexpress not to forget any other good ones out there (I am fairly sure Global sources is in China but I am not positive ) , ? Over the last while I have heard mostly bad things, about companies selling on Ali Baba and there prices are often very reasonable indeed and so it makes me wary about them.

I am a beginner at selling and I want to start off by buying very small amounts (20-30) and then getting a Lot more. Are there many company out there that will sell in very small amounts at first.

Thanks everyone.

gcfarri, Jul 25, 2017 IP
  2. MeghlaBhardwaj

MeghlaBhardwaj Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello, I'm from Global Sources, and I can try to help answer some of your questions. We are a 45-year-old B2B company with headquarters in Hong Kong. We help global importers find and meet suppliers in China and Asia via an online supplier directory (www.globalsources.com) and trade shows in Hong Kong held every April & October (9,000+ booths).

Many suppliers listed on our site accept small orders, so if you search for a product, filter by "Accepts small orders".

Check out this screencast done by a blogger / expert about our website: .

We also host a conference for Amazon & online sellers, called Global Sources Summit. Here's a recap of the previous edition in April 2017 in Hong Kong: .

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us anytime at , or talk to us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/globalsources/

Thanks,
    Meghla

MeghlaBhardwaj, Jul 26, 2017 IP
  3. Importexport

Importexport Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, Global Sources.com is a B2B website based in Hong Kong. Unfortunately I don't recommend them because they have adopted a "verification" system almost identical to the poor system used by Alibaba.

Alibaba's Gold Supplier badge means only that the supplier has paid to buy a badge that makes people think they are trustworthy. and Globals Sources Star system works the same way.

At least Alibaba have a further qualification (Assessed Supplier) that can give you some confidence, but Global Sources don't have anything like that.

You also need to understand that the feedback system on Alibaba and Aliexpress is totally unreliable.

It is possible to by small quantities to start with, even direct from the actual manufacturer. I have taught many people how to do that without paying the much higher prices charged by suppliers on Alibaba Wholesale, Aliexpress, and Global Sources when you filter there by "Accepts small orders".

For helpful advice on safe sourcing and importing, see my thread: Ask Me Anything About Product Sourcing and Importing

Just one more tip: Don't buy from wholesalers, buy direct from the manufacturer (the real ones, not all those that falsely claim to be manufacturers). Where do the wholesalers buy from? They buy from the manufacturers, then they add a big margin and sell to you. You can learn how to bank that extra margin yourself.

Importexport, Jul 29, 2017 IP
  4. michaelthomas1986

michaelthomas1986 Peon

Best Answers:
    Depends where you live. I live in Manchester near Cheetham hill. This area is huge for wholesale. You pay around 10% more than china prices but the quantity needed is much less than china. It tends to be around £50 - £100 minimum order. Aliexpress is good i have used it many of times, dhgate is also another good one i have used. Alibaba i have tried to use but most sellers would not supply the amounts i wanted. Alibaba tends to be for buying container size amounts. You can buy test amounts but even this amount is huge.

michaelthomas1986, Sep 12, 2017 IP