1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Strange links found with seo spyglass

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by lwseller, Jul 16, 2017.

Hi i use a tool for finding links made on high ranking websites

The strange thing is the last three months i see large scale link building with this tool on different websites

The strange thing is tha when i found the links and open each website to see where the link is
    actually there is no link!!

How do you believe these links are showing up and how a blind link can help in seo

I really very curious about this

lwseller, Jul 16, 2017 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Blind links don't help
    The person running the site is using a technique called cloaking hoping you'll link back to them - but that hasn't worked since 2000.

sarahk, Jul 16, 2017 IP
    thebrandman likes this.
  3. lwseller

lwseller Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yes but one of that websites has 246 thousand users per month!!

4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    and your point is?

If you don't actually have a link on the site that users can click then that site is of no value to you.

sarahk, Jul 16, 2017 IP
  5. lwseller

lwseller Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I believe that is helping at seo and rankings. For that website i am talking about they get help from a large marketing team in my country

6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Then ask them for a legitimate link

care to share the page that supposedly has your link?

sarahk, Jul 17, 2017 IP
  7. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    @Iwseller I can't understand how you think cloaking is helping when it comes to SEO and rankings. As @sarahk claims cloaking has not worked since long ago. It's mainly used by spammers in order to improve a website's ranking by using shady techniques which make the search engine index bot think that the website is about one thing but in reality the website has completely different content. I also want to inform you that just because a website has 246,000 users doesn't automatically make it a high authority page.

How can you know that the traffic consists of real humans and not robots? Some websites are part of link sharing schemes. So the traffic is not genuine. Also, do you know if the website is relevant for your niche? Let's say that you have a website where you sell shoes. To have a link on a website that sells kitchen equipment will make no sense.

MrKing01, Jul 19, 2017 IP
  8. lwseller

lwseller Greenhorn

Best Answers:

Ok i understand what you say... The only reason i am asking and searching is because i struggle to rank my website and looking to find a way to rank..
    Off curse i don't want to do black hat seo.

Advertising is so much expensive and it is not a good return of investment because visitors buy only when your prices are low... I believe everywhere is the same problem and it is not just me

lwseller, Jul 21, 2017 IP
  9. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I understand that advertising can be expensive. If you tell us a little bit about your business, I'm sure that you will get advice suited to a tight budget.

MrKing01, Jul 21, 2017 IP
    thebrandman likes this.
  10. lwseller

lwseller Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    the only solution is to have low price and use scarcity, every other solution i believe does not work
    Clients want to buy stuff for less and less

lwseller, Jul 31, 2017 IP
  11. thebrandman

thebrandman Member

Best Answers:
    I disagree. Buyers also like to buy quality goods, or buy with loyalty toward a specific brand. If your strategy is to play to the lowest common denominator, you'll eventually find yourself with low quality customers as well. And it's the low quality buyers that will take advantage of you, and potentially drive you out of business.

Focus on high quality services, and price them accordingly. If you are good at what you do, you'll find the buyers who trust you and choose to become loyal customers, no matter what market price you go with.
    -

thebrandman, Jul 31, 2017 IP
    MrKing01 likes this.
  12. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think the only solution is to have low prices. Then there wouldn't be brick and mortar stores because online stores can compete with cheaper prices. I think that you have to do a research before you start a business. Is there a demand for the product? How is the competition? How can you compete with the competitors on the market? If you have done your homework and have a strategy you can succeed. The most important thing is to stand out. I will give you an example regarding an ebay business. There are plenty of companies selling car stereos with a generic box and brand name. If you can brand the stereo with a name of your like and put it into professional packaging, you will be different. This is just one example but the point is that you have to stand out. Put some effort in making yourself unique and you will see that you can earn money without being the cheapest one. I think undercutting is a race to the bottom.

MrKing01, Jul 31, 2017 IP
    thebrandman likes this.
  13. lwseller

lwseller Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    unfortunately customers are looking for the cheapest one - and our product is not similar

lwseller, Jul 31, 2017 IP