1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How will you explain domain and hosting to a beginner?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by hiuufji, Jul 13, 2017.

Its really hard to explain.

how you will explain?

hiuufji, Jul 13, 2017 IP
  2. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you have never created a website before, there is a chance that you get confused between what a domain name and web hosting is. But when you have done it you will laugh at how easy it is. So to start with you need a domain name. The domain name will be the name of your url or site. For example www DOT yourbusinesssname DOT com

To purchase a domain name you have to go through a domain name registrar. For example Godaddy or Namecheap. In many cases you will
    get a first year discount. For example $3.99 the first year. Then you will pay for example $14.99 yearly. Sometimes the domain name you
    want is already taken. You could wait until it expires for the current domain name owner, or pay him a sum to take over it.

If you want your website to be visible on the Internet, you have to host in on a server. Why? Your website consists of files and these must be hosted on a server in order to be available on the Internet. Hosting providers have servers and will be happy to host your website for a monthly sum.
    An example of a hosting provider is bluehost.com Hosting could be likened to renting a room or house.

MrKing01, Jul 19, 2017 IP
  3. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well i think i will direct him to see some videos on youtube .I remember first start when i want to create a website it was very confuse for me but hapily youtube helped me

Spartan14, Jul 19, 2017 IP
  4. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    This advice is good. Watching Youtube videos on the subject you want to learn about is really helpful when you are a beginner.

MrKing01, Jul 19, 2017 IP
  5. DanielBlue

DanielBlue Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Let’s say you own a house. Than the house is your hosting and the domain your address. :)

DanielBlue, Jul 28, 2017 IP
  6. robert4u

robert4u Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I like the example.

I tell people who do not understand hosting as hosting is folder of a computer which is connected to internet, while domain make this folder public.

robert4u, Jul 28, 2017 IP
  7. j a m i e

j a m i e Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi @hiuufji

That's tough to simplify. I would say...

Hosting is like Verizon

Domain is like a mobile phone

--
    G r e e n h o r n
    j a m i e

Another post closer to becoming an active member!

j a m i e, Jul 28, 2017 IP