1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why Can't I use a "Fake Name" (Banned) But Everyone Else can??

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by SkidRowTrash, Jul 14, 2017.

Hey everyone,

I have been looking for hours to try and find some sort of facebook support but to my surprise, they have none whatsoever...

I don't even know what to think or say about this, but anyways, I looked elsewhere and found this forum.

Here's problem. Everyone except me it seems is allowed to have a "fake name" account. I made one but have been told I need to send 2 forms of government photo ID and 2 proofs of home address otherwise I am BANNED for using a "fake name".

This is my screen name / gaming personality.

There are so many accounts with fake names, why am I not allowed to have one? Anyone have any ideas?

Examples: Pee-Wee Herman has a FB account. That's a fake name. Paul Reubens is his real name.
    Markiplier has one, fake name. JonTron has one, fake name. RedLetterMedia has one, fake name. Jim Sterling has one, again, fake name. These are all screen names..

Why am I not allowed to use one but everyone else is?

I was very new to facebook, I'd only created my account and had it running for a few weeks before I was told I am banned forever unless I send them 4 pieces of ID.

How do other people make their fake name accounts?
    I have absolutely no interest in a personal FB account, but, I do want to have one for my gaming channel and gaming related stuff.

So far from my experience, Facebook is one of the most horrible experiences I've ever had, and it's designed by total morons who don't even have a support page. It's unbelievable..
    I don't understand facebook or how they have any users at all. it makes no sense to me and seems very discriminatory at least in my case.

Any help would be great, thanks everyone.

SkidRowTrash, Jul 14, 2017 IP
  2. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If others have fake accounts, then they have just not been caught. You have.
    It is against Facebook's community's rules that you agree to, to have a fake name/account.

If you do not like the service that Facebook is providing you, then try and ask for a refund.

Agent000, Jul 14, 2017 IP
  3. SkidRowTrash

SkidRowTrash Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook obviously allows it. Some of these accounts have millions of followers.

Pee-Wee Herman. How does he have one? he's a character played by Paul Reuben's.
    The Wrestler Triple H has one. That's not his real name. Undertaker probably has one, that's another fake name. Mila Kunis the actor, another fake name. Natalie Portman, fake. Christopher Walken, fake. Are they still not caught? Will they be banned soon? lol

Authors who write books have them. Those are pen names, AKA fake names, same as the one I want to use.
    Youtubers who use screen names, they do it. That's exactly what I want it for.
    How are they allowed to use it?

I want one like those. How do you do that? It's obviously allowed but there has to be a certain way of doing it I guess. I don't know how.

Also, I have never heard of or seen any service have absolutely no way of contacting anyone. It's a total joke. They seem to only use low quality automated systems and braindead A.I.'s and it's total garbage in terms of customer service or user experience. I mean here we are discussing FB problems on a completely different website. It's absolutely ridiculous. What if I found a massive vulnerability in their security. There's no way to tell them, for example.

Anyways, any help would be great, thanks.

SkidRowTrash, Jul 14, 2017 IP
  4. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    FFS! They don't allow it! Read the terms and conditions that you agree to when you join.

In 2012 there were 83 million fake accounts on Facebook (I have not heard any recent figures). They not going to eliminate them all in one swoop.
    They will only get rid of the ones they know about and want to get rid of.

How many of those ones have you reported as fake?

You can whinge and whine as much as you like that you can not break their rules. They have made a decision regarding you and you have no other options.

And exactly how much are you paying Facebook in expectation of this "customer service"? If not happy perhaps you can try and ask for a refund if you don't like it.
    Do you really expect that they want you to be able to contact them to find out how to break their rules!

Agent000, Jul 14, 2017 IP
  5. hiuufji

hiuufji Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i searched and find this on google

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facebook_real-name_policy_controversy

about fake name : If you will create account with my name and later i will complain about this then what facebook will do? You can't run facebook account with my name. In that case facebook ask for id proof. Its better create with your name.

hiuufji, Jul 14, 2017 IP
  6. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook's policy is to only have member profiles with real names. It's against their policy to have a fake name. When they suspect that you don't use your real name, as a gaming name in your case obviously doesn't sound authentic, they will ask you to provide documents that verify your real name. As the gaming name is not the same as your real name, the account will most likely be blocked. Only because people have breached this policy, it doesn't mean that you should have the right to do it as well. Before signing up, read the terms and conditions.

MrKing01, Jul 15, 2017 IP
  7. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This isn't the first time I've seen this. I know another person, a well known and respected marketer, who had an account in other than his real name for rather a long period of time. FB eventually noticed that the name didn't seem real and shut the account down.

Took him a month or so but he did create a new account under his real name.

JoeSpirit, Jul 15, 2017 IP
  8. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    People can fake ID scans, too, editing them with a graphics app before sending to Fartbook. Maybe the OP could try doing that? (I have several fake FB accounts but I haven't logged into them in half a year longer.)

billzo, Jul 15, 2017 IP
  9. SkidRowTrash

SkidRowTrash Peon

Best Answers:
    RE: You can whinge and whine as much as you like that you can not break their rules. They have made a decision regarding you and you have no other options.

How does every single movie star, YouTuber, company, personality, etc have accounts under their brand if it's not allowed then?
    They are all fake names - yet allowed. If they are not allowed, how does everyone have an account for their brand or personality or whatever? If it was actually against FB policy all of Hollywood would be banned from Facebook for using fake names. All of the WWE would be banned. All companies would be banned. I'm not looking to break rules, I'm wondering how to properly set up an account in the same way all these others are. You know what I'm saying.

RE: And exactly how much are you paying Facebook in expectation of this "customer service"? If not happy perhaps you can try and ask for a refund if you don't like it.
    Do you really expect that they want you to be able to contact them to find out how to break their rules!

I don't know why you are being such a prick here. I want to contact them to ask how to set up an account for my gaming channel the same as everyone else has, I'm not looking to "cheat" my way in.
    Also on Facebook the user is the product. If anything, banning users means less money for them. Facebook's users are Facebook's products, that's why there is no cost so stop with your ignorant "get a refund" garbage.
    Don't even post if everything you have to say is completely worthless, Agent000. Everyone else is being somewhat helpful, you're just being belligerent and ignorant.

RE: People can fake ID scans

That sounds like a lot of work. I supposed I could but.. there is obviously a way to do it that they allow. I don't know much about FB so when I made my account I made it for my gaming channel
    like everyone else seems to have. Only problem is they banned me, but allow everyone else.

I'm just looking to set up an account for my gaming channel like every single other gaming channel or personality or company has. I just don't know how Facebook works it seems. There was no option for this when creating my account and there is no way of asking them how it's done legitimately as they have absolutely no way of contacting them for any form of assistance whatsoever.

SkidRowTrash, Jul 15, 2017 IP
  10. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why don't you create an artist Facebook page? The page can be created through a personal account. You can use your artist page to post and comment. With this option you don't risk a ban.

MrKing01, Jul 15, 2017 IP
  11. SkidRowTrash

SkidRowTrash Peon

Best Answers:
    OMG that sounds exactly what I was trying to do in the first place. This must be what everyone else uses.

Have you ever done this before? I am very unfamiliar with it, I suppose I'll have to create a personal account but is there a way to make this artist page in a way that nobody will know my actual real life identity?
    That's the entire reason I wanted to use my screen name is I don't want to get doxed or put my family at risk etc. Can you confirm if this can be done in a way where my real life identity remains private?

To everyone (excluding that ignorant douchebag Agent000) a big thank you, this information is nearly impossible to come by.
    A mega huge thanks to MrKing01 - I notice you don't have any best answer score on your profile, how can I give you one? You gave the best answer! Thanks so much

Cheers everyone

- Skid Row Trash

SkidRowTrash, Jul 15, 2017 IP
  12. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can create a page or a group off of your personal account. I have both for business purposes. However, when I post on either the post is made under my personal account ID. The post also shows up on my personal account timeline.

JoeSpirit, Jul 16, 2017 IP
  13. VacationCrasher

VacationCrasher Member

Best Answers:
    Look, you're being a simpleton.

They don't have personal pages that are using fake names (for the most part). I work with many celebrities and all have real profiles.

The pages you're talking about, where they use their professional name? Those are "Public Figure" or "Athlete" or "Entertainer pages, not profiles. That's it.

Now stop whining like a bitch and follow the rules of the free service you're using.

VacationCrasher, Aug 2, 2017 IP
    thebrandman, Agent000 and sarahk like this.
  14. Lethal Marketer

Lethal Marketer Peon

Best Answers:
    I once had a fake account too which I mainly used to advertise my business since I did not want my personal information to be scattered around, I was cancelled within a month(advertising in groups), But since I read facebook policy and started using paid adverting everything is well with my marketing.

Lethal Marketer, Aug 9, 2017 IP
  15. agmccall

agmccall Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your name "Gaming Personality" is obviously fake an will be used for marketing purposes.

The other "Fake" names, as you call them are actually pen names. And those people are known as those names and while they might not be their legal names they are real in the eyes of the public. Those public personas are not out to game the system by creating a name, but you are.

accept it. Create the profile with your real name then create a page with gaming personality

al

agmccall, Aug 19, 2017 IP
  16. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    They allow it but maybe you do something bad i dont know why .Try to register with a person name for example John Smith and after that you can change your name to gaming personality etc

Spartan14, Aug 20, 2017 IP
  17. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your suggestion doesn't solve the problem. If he registers a Facebook profile with a generic name and then changes it to the name of the gaming personality, the problem will remain. Facebook can ban the profile on the ground that it's a fake profile. Facebook wants real users and therefore people have to use their real names, which will be confirmed when Facebook asks for verification. What you basically suggest is that OP does the same that got him banned in the first place. However, OP has in this thread got a suggestion to create an artist Facebook page, which has solved his problem. See following quote:

MrKing01, Aug 20, 2017 IP