1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Stats on what length videos ppl willing to tolerate on FB?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Alfred001, Jul 13, 2017.

Does anyone know of any research that looked into what length of videos people find tolerable on Facebook? What is the longest a video can be without seeing significant drop off in views?

Also, I'm interested in stats about length of videos (average length, what length does best etc.) generally, if anyone has any links.

Alfred001, Jul 13, 2017 IP
  2. Blank ™

Blank ™ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wanted to post a link at first that has the info you are looking for, but then .. changed my mind. You clearly haven't even tried to find the answer yourself, have you? Second entry (link) for the query that I used in Google and voalá.

Blank ™, Jul 13, 2017 IP
  3. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Alfred001
    The length of the Facebook video depends on the concept of the video or how interesting that video is, usually 1min videos is enough or sometimes 20s only.
    It is all about the user attraction, if you ca attract user from your concept or video then 5mins video is also tolerable but try to optimize the length of the video in 1 min.
    The shorter the video is the more it will be viewed and shared. The thing is there to attract the user towards the video.

Sumit_Singh, Jul 13, 2017 IP
  4. Alfred001

Alfred001 Peon

Best Answers:
    The thing is, I have an idea for a regular weekly video for a newspaper that would cover the week's topics, so this would necessarily be multiple minutes. According to stats I've found Fox News does very well with average video length of 2:50, but I think my thing would require around 4 minutesih.

There's also the matter that Fox News' audience, as people often say, are mostly people born some time during classical antiquity and I wonder whether their behavior isn't different from the average internet audience.

I'm wondering whether there's any research on videos as long as 4 minutes or longer.

Also, if anyone is aware of any research comparing how video does on Facebook relative to links I would be interested in seeing that.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    Alfred001, Jul 14, 2017 IP
  5. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's ok to have a 4 Mins Video but do not make people bored with your news video, try to collect some hot stuff (something new and valuable or informative) that attracts users towards your video.

Sumit_Singh, Jul 17, 2017 IP