1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Mobile Website Displaying Incorrectly

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by nic21, Jun 27, 2017.

On my mobile website the home page is displaying far too small. Is anyone able to help? Thank you very much! www.mulberrylodge.co.uk

nic21, Jun 27, 2017 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Your theme isn't responsive and the only way to fix that is by upgrading to one that is.
    You don't have to spend heaps, lots of free themes are responsive and then you just have to spend time setting them up the way you want them.

sarahk, Jun 27, 2017 IP
  3. nic21

nic21 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Sarahk,

Thank you for your help. It was responsive until I just updated some text. Please see another page: http://www.mulberrylodge.co.uk/bed_and_breakfas.html
    Thank you so much!

nic21, Jun 28, 2017 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It's not "responsive" in the way designers talk about it.

If it was then in the shot below (iPhone 6) the menu would probably have turned into a hamburger or resized menu. The text would grow to be readable and the gallery would probably become a single column of image.

I can see in the css that there's been some efforts to make the page change depending on the screen size but it's just not well implemented.

In my two examples you can see that twitter put up a simple horizontal menu while the second site has the 3 bar hamburger style menu drop down. On your site the menu stays visible and readable at the expense of the content.
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

Going Forward

I don't know how much time and effort you want to put into this but if you were a friend/family I'd be sitting down with you and going through free wordpress themes and getting the site converted onto that. I'd pick a theme that has a carousel at the top and putting images in from both the gallery and local tourism examples like I see from this: https://www.google.com/search?q=loch+lomond - it doesn't hurt to remind people why they're looking at your lodge in the first place. The hard part is wading through the glossy examples and finding one that can be simplified and made appropriate for your target market.

Did you know that Google let you set up custom maps? I'd be setting one up and add the places of interest list to it and sharing that to make the page more vibrant and the location of the lodge more meaningful.

sarahk, Jun 28, 2017 IP