1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

VBulletin 5 upgrading: very bad experience and Empty Response Issue

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by badesound, Jun 24, 2017.

I own www.bmwpassion.com/forum/, the largest italian BMW community with 7 millions posts, and on 8th of june I upgraded from vb4 to vb5.

I knew that many people discourage doing this, but I did it anyway.

I did it because I wanted a responsive site hoping that this will improve the ranking and I like the possibility to upload images. My members did not like mobile template because it had few features.

vb5 is very heavy, but I have a good server and NOW I don't have any problem.

I said now because in the first days the server went down every 4/5 hours because of a "cron" (I am not an expert and I don't know if it is correct),a ripetitive operation launched by vb software.

I like the software and its responsive design, but I am very disappointed with the vb assistance. Since two weeks I still have a bug (when a member send a message or PM an error message appear: "empty response") and they did not solve it. But the worst thing is that they don't answer to my ticket and they don't let me know when they solve it or if they are working on it.

Imagine thousand of people trying to send message and they see that error!

I tried to complain in their forum, but they told me I have to wait.

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum/vbulletin-5-connect/vbulletin-5-connect-questions-problems-troubleshooting/vbulletin-5-support-issues-questions/4371812-problems-with-answers-answers-empty

I don't know how many forums big like mine on vb5 they have, but I think to "deserve" a priority!

Two weeks are passed. Is it normal that they did not solve the issue yet (and they said that is a knowed problem)?!

Anyboby know how to solve the "Empty Response" issue?
    Thanks.

badesound, Jun 24, 2017 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I believe that might be the root of your problem right there.

digitalpoint, Jun 24, 2017 IP
  3. Zoti Media Group

Zoti Media Group Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Do you get any error on the error.log? If I was on you place: will do a backup of files + database then start to upload the files, folder by folder.

Before some years i faced a similar error and that fixed for me. It was some clientscript or whatever its called.

In additional will check the php extensions and upgrade the php version.

Zoti Media Group, Jun 24, 2017 IP