1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to build a quality site about fashion

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by thomas9059, Jun 22, 2017.

I'm a newbie, I'm trying to build a website about fashion, I don't know where to start and how.
    Can someone suggest to me what are the factors needed to build a quality website, and which ones should I focus on?

thomas9059, Jun 22, 2017 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Ideally, a good, quality site should be built from scratch. That way you will always know where everything is and how to fix it in case something goes wrong. But if you don't want to deal with any of that, you could build a nice looking site using https://wordpress.org/

qwikad.com, Jun 22, 2017 IP
  3. smilingbaby

smilingbaby Peon

Best Answers:
    wow.. this is a really difficult question, while it requires much information. I recommend you to start with analysis of your competitors. Check their website, which platform they use, what content is present on their blog, etc put all the notes while analyzing and only then start building a blog. I recommend you to think first about your website structure, which parts you will have and what content will be placed.

smilingbaby, Jun 26, 2017 IP
  4. Nooha Haris

Nooha Haris Banned

Best Answers:
    Firstly, you must have an idea of what you want.you should check the sites related to fashion and make a picture of how your's should be.Then you should compare different platforms which suits your site and which is best in security and so on.You must be very much aware about the recent trends too.

Nooha Haris, Jul 7, 2017 IP
  5. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    How familiar you are with the niche? And what will it be just a fashion blog site or something like an ecommerce site?

Patricia Ann Lee, Jul 7, 2017 IP
  6. Flora Lincon

Flora Lincon Peon

Best Answers:
    Building a new website is easy if you have an idea of what you want in your shopping website. I suggest you to consult some technician who have knowledge in designing website.

Flora Lincon, Jul 14, 2017 IP
  7. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should keep an eye on the trends. Fashion news, competitor's websites etc. Then you should start your own website. As has been advised here, you should start with a Wordpress page. Many people use Wordpress as a platform. Then you should find a catchy domain name and a good hosting company. So you get your site out on the web. With fashion there are plenty of options to monetize your site. Affiliate banners would do great.

MrKing01, Jul 14, 2017 IP
  8. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you should visit some fashion sites before starting your work and get some idea from those sites and customize some of the features of those websites and implement in yours. Or you can also go with pre built themes.
    What features a professional looking fashion website should have
    1. Look and Feel (very important aspects)
    2. Design (unique, fresh and user-friendly, appealing)
    3. Secure Platform (because it's an E-commerce website)
    4. Simple and Clean Navigation (user-friendliness)
    5. Product Reviews
    6. Cross Selling
    7. Size Guides
    8. High Quality Imagery

Sumit_Singh, Jul 17, 2017 IP
  9. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just like above user says, it's important that you have high quality images. Stock photos are not recommended.

MrKing01, Jul 17, 2017 IP
  10. locals

locals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If it's your first time, you should just pay someone to install and edit a wordpress theme for you. Should cost about $495-$1995

locals, Jul 23, 2017 IP