1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The "ultimate" newbie question

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by MichaelDawn, Jun 17, 2017.

Hey guys,

For a while now online Marketing (Amazon FBA in particular) had my interest, I got this idea from a few old friends of mine and they all seems to make a good income out of this.
    Recently I made up my mind and decided to finely take action, and go down to business. Naturally the next step is to look for a place to learn everything, but here is the problem;

Everyone just seems to have a different idea of ware is the right place to do it..

So the main concern is, do you pay for a good course to save time and "learn from the best" or maybe the best way is to just go online and search for the right info all by your self?
    From what I've heard, this days no one will teach you everything you need to know about online marketing, so in order to make any profit you'll have to constantly dig for a new useful information. (Which I'm fine with by the way, Frankly this is what I have been doing for many years now..)
    Anyway That raise the question why not to actually start from the real deal and learn everything from the forums?

From the other side of things, i don't mind paying someone to teach me even the basics of the area if it can only save me some precious time.
    The problem with this method is that there are too many gurus this days.
    some of them just selling recycled / misleading content as you probably know..
    Plus those courses can be really expensive, especially if you go to the local one on one / group couch.

So is it a good idea to learn everything by yourself?

I'd like to here your opinion.

MichaelDawn, Jun 17, 2017 IP
  2. ASinding

ASinding Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Michael,

If you have a few old friends that makes good income with Amazon FBA, maybe you could ask them to guide you on the right way?

In my opinion there are tons of free help to get from forums, blogs and youtube videos. The problem is that not everyone is going to give you good info. Some people teach stuff they haven't achieved themselves yet. So you have to watch out for who you're learning from. I would find someone there are known in the community and have proven they know what they're talking about.

You will have to test stuff out for yourself though. I like to give my own little twist on things and often it gives me better results than expected. Think outside of the box and do things a little different than others. That have helped me a lot in my online business and sets yourself aside from all the others.

Of course you can invest in courses or even coaching, that can be very powerful too. But do your research on the vendor and don't buy all the hype.

It all comes down to take imperfect action and learn from your mistakes. I love to fail because then I know how not to do things in the future. Nobody in this industry started off perfectly, everybody fails.

Best of luck,
    Anders

ASinding, Jun 17, 2017 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.
  3. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are many places that you can learn from. If you want to know how to make an eCommerce site, there is UnderstandingE for instance. General Marketing courses will also help; Marketing in general helps both on eCommerce and commerce in general.

Milliardo, Jun 19, 2017 IP
  4. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think ASinging gave you some valuable advice there.

Jim Rohn said, "A formal education will make you a living. A self-education will make you a fortune."

It's wise to do your own research in pursuit of your goals. But at the same time, it's also wise to understand the power that a successful mentor has in guiding you toward those same goals. We learn from our failures and we also learn from those competent enough to steer us around failures that they've already survived.

JoeSpirit, Jun 19, 2017 IP
  5. MichaelDawn

MichaelDawn Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    unfortunately they are a bit too old for a full guidance:D

aside from that, thank you Asinding, Milliardo, JoeSpirit for your advise.

I did some research for the best amazon courses and it looks like you can find some solid one's like the proven amazon course or amazon bootcamp for about 300$.. so nothing too expansive over there, probably gonna save me some time.
    I just hope you cant go wrong with those top courses.. I'll double check every step with google just to make sure nothing change since the creation of the course, cuz the market looks extremely dynamic from my point of view.

MichaelDawn, Jun 19, 2017 IP
  6. pizzaseeds

pizzaseeds Peon

Best Answers:
    Youtube has some great videos on sourcing products for FBA. Download the Amazon seller app to check sales rank # and current price before buying stuff. Check outlet stores for stuff on sale, craigslist, estate sales, garage sales, etc. Flipping is easy, even if you don't know anything about marketing. With FBA and eBay, you don't really need any marketing knowledge.

pizzaseeds, Jun 19, 2017 IP
  7. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can attest to the validity of the proven Amazon course. I became a member a couple years ago and have been quite satisfied with the information. Jim Cockrum and his team keep everything updated and any new training that they create eventually gets added to the member area.

I was looking at a similar course that sold for $2500 at the time and fortunately stumbled on Jim's offer. Sure glad I did.

JoeSpirit, Jun 20, 2017 IP