1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Home page ranking suddenely dropped

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by elabhat, Jun 14, 2017.

One of my website's keyword was ranking on 4th positon for home page and it was there for 20 days but before 2 days back i have submited two of internal pages with slashdot.org ( did social bookmarking for that 2 internal pages) and now today my home page ranking went to 29th position.

Is this because of this social bookmarkings with slashdot.org or any other reason?

elabhat, Jun 14, 2017 IP
  2. emvy548

emvy548 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Could be due to a variety of reasons. By the way rankings don't hold steady for a period of time and can change anytime. Have you added fresh content to your site?

emvy548, Jun 14, 2017 IP
  3. elabhat

elabhat Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have added new content and then it ranked on 4th position and it was there for 20 days and then down

elabhat, Jun 14, 2017 IP
  4. Shivani Shrivastav

Shivani Shrivastav Active Member

Best Answers:
    For your Information, Google Ranking is never stable. What you are seeing on rank 4 might be on rank 1 after an hour. The movement is like this.
    Slashdot.org is a good website and I don't think it has got anything to do with the ranking falling down.
    I would suggest you, update your website with a blog and promote it on good social bookmarking websites. The ranking will definitely improve

Shivani Shrivastav, Jun 15, 2017 IP
  5. brajeshyadav

brajeshyadav Active Member

Best Answers:
    Keywords ranking can go down any time, as Google algorithm always do a update on the data. So i will suggest if you have loose your ranking than again submit more content and increase some back link for the keywords. hopefully it will be back in couple of days.

brajeshyadav, Jun 15, 2017 IP
  6. cinemagicllc

cinemagicllc Member

Best Answers:
    Please read carefully Google SEO guide & upgrade your website as per Google updated rules, avoid duplicate content, improve your Social Media Marketing & Blog content that help to stable your ranking

cinemagicllc, Jun 17, 2017 IP
  7. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your keywords may be the reason of ranking drop. May be you have choose a high competition keywords and have low backlink quality thats why your ranking get drops after few days or weeks. You can use long tail keywords to cut competition.

iwebsocial, Jun 17, 2017 IP
  8. Akjha

Akjha Member

Best Answers:
    Keyword ranking stable it's all depends upon your activity and technical aspects you are using. Lots of competitor are here relate to theme concern, revamp your activity, find the back-links and more to create authority link as well.

Akjha, Jun 19, 2017 IP
  9. MayurKawale

MayurKawale Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are several Google Update being happen in year. One of the google update might affect the website ranking. In last December Google launched the update, you can check here.. https://www.seroundtable.com/january-2018-google-webmaster-report-25014.html. Before this update my website were on first position on first page in Google, now it is on 5th page.

I think there will be some ranking changes in coming days, especially for UK.

MayurKawale, Jan 26, 2018 IP
  10. hostechsupport

hostechsupport Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can go for Off Page SEO activities to increase your keyword ranking on SERP. Also, need to update your website with High-quality content.

hostechsupport, Jan 31, 2018 IP
  11. Naksh

Naksh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I dont think it is just because of this reason.

Naksh, Feb 1, 2018 IP
  12. pakistanwebserver

pakistanwebserver Member

Best Answers:
    im facing same issue this month and still can't find any solid reason for that

pakistanwebserver, Feb 1, 2018 IP