1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How did someone I know in real life, find my private Twitter account?

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by Duckgoosed, Jun 11, 2017.

This twitter was connected to my Twitch account. (a live streaming platform). Didn't want anyone i know to find me for reasons i won't get into.

I was very careful to make sure that nothing could connect me to my name or any email address. I even made a completely new outlook email address that doesn't have my real name even in the profile section.

The strange thing is, my friend somehow found me through the "Who to follow" section on Twitter. He said he kept seeing this username and finally clicked on it to see who it was. He then found my Twitch...which has made things a little awkward.

I also have seen people I know in the "Who to follow" section. How is this possible???? My twitter is not connected to ANYTHING about my personal information. Really upsetting.

Duckgoosed, Jun 11, 2017 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I don't know what tools Twitter uses for matching - stuff like cookies and IP addresses no doubt.

However - you know how school kids are taught not to put anything online that you don't want there long term and for the world to see - this is what they're talking about.

If you can't talk to the people you know about your fetishes/political thoughts or whatever then maybe you need to think about how important those people are to you and how important the content you are posting is to you.

sarahk, Jun 11, 2017 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    rofl, was it the no fap challenge that made things awkward?

sarahk, Jun 11, 2017 IP
  4. Duckgoosed

Duckgoosed Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL no, I am proud of that though ;) it's just they're sometimes not the greatest of friends. If they see me succeeding in something like on Twitch, they're going to sabotage. I also act like a crazy person when im streaming on Twitch and could see my family coming in and judging me harshly -_-

Also, wanted to keep what i look like a mystery to my followers and they could ruin that for me too :( I knew it would be inevitable that people find me but didn't think it would happen in this way and also so soon.

Duckgoosed, Jun 12, 2017 IP