1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why Online Business?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by AnneJay, Jun 7, 2017.

Hi guys, I am here to share 10 reasons to start an online business. Do share with me if you have more or whether you agree or not :)

10 reasons to start an online business:

1. You don’t need a huge start up capital

- Online business is different with “real world” business, it takes very little money to start.

- All you need is an idea, a domain name for your website, internet access, hosting… which are less than $100!

2. You are your own boss

- You might have been hearing this a lot, but it is a fact that you can’t deny. People who are not Internet Business owners work from 9 to 5 everyday. In fact, they have to wake up few hours before 9am, which makes their schedule even more hectic.

- You can start work at anytime since you choose when you work, the statement “working from 9 to 5” is no longer true to you!

3. Work from the comfort of your own home

- Will you be surprised if I tell you that you can save at least 730 hours a year? Yes, you can get that by not having to travel to and from your work place during rush hours when everybody else is going to work or heading for home.

- Since where you put your computer is where you will be working, you can always choose to work from home instead of wasting 730 hours a year doing nothing productive.

4. With the internet, the whole world is your market

- Sometimes, you don’t even need to sit in front of your computer to reach everyone. Other than computer, everyone is connecting to the internet through smart phone which bring convenience for the users and benefit for the Internet Business owners.

- You leverage on free or low-cost software, hardware and the Internet Infrastructure, all of which when combined will give you leveraging power that far exceeds any conventional business, allowing you to achieve more with less work.

5. You can fully automate your online business

- Some Internet Business models can be fully automated with proper set up.

- Once you can automate your Internet Business in some way, you can use the time you saved to start another Internet Business, improve your existing business or spend anyhow you like.

6. You only need to work less than 4 hours a day

- An 8 hours working day is no longer needed for online business when you just spend the time checking your email consistently, promoting and expanding your business all in front of your computer or by using a smartphone!

- This is definitely required less than 4 hours to spend online.

7. You can spend more time with family and friends

- Imagine you have more time to create more memories with the important ones instead of busy working with your whole life until you realize it’s too late to wish for a time machine.

- Owning an Internet Business gives you the privilege to have more time to spend with your family, especially for busy parents. After all, you don’t want to regret missing those important moments as your children growing up.

8. Your passion and dream come to life

- Passion might be the most important component of any kind of business. What is more exciting than earning income from your passions and hobbies? The Internet Business allows you to achieve the goal of turning your passion into profit.

9. Online business has very little expenses

- It is very possible for you to start an online business with a zero or low cost of setting up and running.

- Some other Internet Business can run with monthly operational expenses so low that they are insignificant!

10. You can own more than one!

- The low cost of setting up & running and automated operations allow you to have various Internet Business.

- The best part is, you are not necessary to hire employees since your Internet Business system and automated operation are doing most of the job. It works 24/7 for free!

AnneJay, Jun 7, 2017 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You're probably preaching to the converted on an internet marketing forum. Why do you think we wouldn't already be aware of this?

sarahk, Jun 7, 2017 IP
  3. Franciscus Pruis

Franciscus Pruis Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Haha - Yes.:rolleyes:

Then this forum would not exist.

But I think there is one thing newbies with stars in their eyes forget. You still going to work very hard. Pull your hair out. Wanna give up. And then when you start making sales I am sure it will chaos. Learning as you go. Any guru that sells you " more time with your family while sitting on the beach and making money from the start". Walk on by.

And 80 percent of newbies do not even implement the courses, ebooks and coaching etc. they bought. And only 22 percent from that 80% do not even finish it. Because the next shiny thing distracts them.

There is no commitment.

Franciscus Pruis, Jun 7, 2017 IP
  4. explorerx7

explorerx7 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Online work has become a lucrative alternative to mainstream jobs for many persons. To some, it has proved to be a great lifeline because it is becoming increasingly difficult to get jobs in some areas. While it may be somewhat easy to obtain one, you may not achieve a considerable success level if you are not prepared to work very hard at it. It's a process that you may not easily master at one go, there may be a number of trial and error situations and you should be able to work with a learn-as-you-go-along process.

explorerx7, Jun 8, 2017 IP
  5. collegeOnlineJob

collegeOnlineJob Active Member

Best Answers:
    I really like your list! However, there is one point I have to slightly disagree and that is point 6 :)
    I'm sure there are online marketers who are really only working 4 hours but to come to the point where you only have to work 4 hours you need to invest much more time!
    Especially in the beginning, you have to work much more than only 4 hours to build a successful online business. This can be a little confusing for every beginner who reads this list :)
    But as I said this is only one point I have to slightly disagree ;)

collegeOnlineJob, Jun 9, 2017 IP
  6. webtmaster

webtmaster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i agree with all that stated its true .Also you need lot of hard work to put in it. its not some kid of over night riches.but there are guys i know who have earned a lot without even spending a penny.yet its possible..most of all the icing top is you are the boss.

webtmaster, Jun 11, 2017 IP
  7. YourRetailCoach

YourRetailCoach Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Few of the reasons to start an online business are
    • You are your own boss
    • You can use your passion
    • You need very less capital
    • Work fewer hours

YourRetailCoach, Jun 15, 2017 IP
  8. jack.writer2011

jack.writer2011 Member

Best Answers:
    Nice and informative post, but I am afraid it does have certain risks like scammers, online frauds and so on.. What do you think?

jack.writer2011, Jun 16, 2017 IP
  9. BryanBB

BryanBB Peon

Best Answers:
    On line businesses seem to have some common traits. The lack of accountability seems to me, to be one of the issues with dealing with an on line business. No telephone number, can never seem to reach them, even through email, its like dealing with a ghost !! I realize on line is the future, but it can be a scary place to do business.

BryanBB, Jun 18, 2017 IP
  10. AnneJay

AnneJay Greenhorn

Best Answers:

Yea totally understandable, the list is created based on general point of view, it's all depend on what kind of online business you are doing. There are many form of online business & some might required you to work more than 4 hours. For me myself I only need 10 mins per day :p
    Of course for all the beginner out there, you gotta work hard before you can enjoy all these advantages ;)

Yeah you got it :)

Yes Im afraid of that too, but I always stick to 1 principle before I start / join any business : Dont Be Greedy
    Always believe that there is no such thing as overnight riches, do research and seek for suggestion on the company / business before you join, do not be blinded by the good side of their story & try to dig more on the down side.

I can relate that. So before you start / join an online business, you may check on 3 things:
    1. whether the company is legally registered
    2. whether the company is blacklisted / to be blacklisted by any country's banks
    3. search for review of the business

I'm not an expert but happy to share my point of view, they might be wrong so share with me if you have something else in mind :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2017
    AnneJay, Jun 19, 2017 IP
  11. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You have written many good points. I slightly disagree with the sixth point. The notion that you can spend less than 4 hours every day and still be successful with your online business could be both right and wrong. In the initial stage of the business you have to spend way more hours than 4 per day, to make the website good. You need good content. You have to research the right keywords to get the traffic. You have to market the websites by all means. Social media, ppc etc. This will take countless of hours. But once the ball is rolling, I see no problem with you spending less than 4 hours per day.

MrKing01, Jul 9, 2017 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  12. msgreenpea1

msgreenpea1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I appreciate this post a lot, thanks for sharing it. I agree with a lot of points you made here. This is why I converted most of my businesses online.

msgreenpea1, Jul 10, 2017 IP
  13. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I wish I could only work 4 hours a day. An online business has no consistency. Some days you end up working 12+ hours.

qwikad.com, Jul 10, 2017 IP
  14. Janak Katrodiya

Janak Katrodiya Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    get freedom with job, you can save your time, money from reach at office

Janak Katrodiya, Jul 12, 2017 IP
  15. expels

expels Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Because it beats running a food stall down the street. :)

expels, Jul 25, 2017 IP
  16. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The risk are not so big compared with offline business and investition its low

Spartan14, Jul 25, 2017 IP
  17. Rakenson

Rakenson Member

Best Answers:
    Starting an online business is also quite beneficial today since the world is becoming more digital by the day and more people are using the internet to shop for goods. It's also much easier to advertise and get your business known using social media nowadays since no one can put down their smartphone. The only downside is that no one can put down their smartphone :p

Rakenson, Jul 25, 2017 IP
  18. VirtualHelp4U

VirtualHelp4U Peon

Best Answers:
    I love the freedom that working online offers. You can often set your own schedule, work from the comfort of your home, no traffic to deal with and other costs associated with driving to work or cost for starting and maintaining a brick and mortar business.

VirtualHelp4U, Jul 27, 2017 IP
  19. Elizabeth Caroline

Elizabeth Caroline Peon

Best Answers:
    Definitely, online business has more freedom but commitment has to be there to make it a success in order to generate a passive income. It depends on what kind of income you want to generate, more time and effort is needed for higher target. As you know nothing is free! Mind-set has to be right, take action and stay focus.

Well, I really find it interesting as lots of things to learn like how to market and generate traffic. Good knowledge! At the same time, we can share to help each other.

Cheers, Elizabeth

Elizabeth Caroline, Aug 25, 2017 IP