1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help with adding items for sale on my website.

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by denniswixom, Jun 6, 2017.

Ok, I'm sure I need to be in another category, but I don't know which category it would fall under. I manage a website called www.teresarocks.com. On the main page, there are several gold specimens for sale and towards the bottom, I have a table with links to different "galleries". In each gallery, I have 10 mineral specimens for sale. The ultimate goal is to have over 1000 minerals on our website. That translates to 100 galleries. I don't want customers to have to go through 100 pages to find what they want. My goal is to have a layout similar to what ebay has. Where it shows 10 listings or the customer can change it to show 25 listings per page, etc. I also want to implement a feature where they can sort listings by price from highest to lowest and vice versa. Lastly, I want customers to be able to search for minerals that are for sale on my website. For example, if a customer is looking for a mineral called "fluorite", they would type fluorite into a search box and all listings that are fluorite will show up for them to view. Now, I know it's probably a LOT to explain, and I don't expect anybody to. I have a subscription to Lynda.com and I have been doing the Dreamweaver course, as well as basic HTML and CSS. What do I need to learn to be able to implement these features into my website? Can I implement these features without having to learn a whole lot of coding?

denniswixom, Jun 6, 2017 IP
  2. denniswixom

denniswixom Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    PS: I don't want to use any third party programs like Shopify, etc. I also use paypal that lets customers without a paypal account use credit cards. I want to keep using my paypal buttons if possible.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
    denniswixom, Jun 6, 2017 IP
  3. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to make something like this, without knowing coding, your only option is to use some type of ready-made solution - Shopfy, WooCommerce (free Wordpress plugin) and so on. You do NOT want to do this manually, and you DEFINITELY do not want to make something like this with next to no knowledge of coding - it WILL bite you in the ass eventually.

PoPSiCLe, Jun 6, 2017 IP
  4. denniswixom

denniswixom Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Is PrestaShop a good platform to use?

denniswixom, Jun 7, 2017 IP
  5. Rokis

Rokis Member

Best Answers:
    Have a look at datatables.net, you could customise it without a need of too much knowledge as they have everything explained there.

Rokis, Jun 8, 2017 IP
  6. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    PrestaShop is a good platform, yes. Could probably do what you want.

PoPSiCLe, Jun 17, 2017 IP
  7. Meina

Meina Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with PoPSiCLe. You can definitely use WooCommerce with all the features you’ve mentioned above. Check out this demo website that uses the WooCommerce plugin - http://watches.togetherwelearnmore.com/shop/

Meina, Jun 18, 2017 IP
  8. heredia21

heredia21 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    WordPress with WooCommerce would be my choice.

heredia21, Jun 18, 2017 IP