1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Noob wants to create a website

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by youngadachi, Jun 2, 2017.

Hi everyone, sorry for my bad english.
    Im a total noob with web-design, but i need a website for my online job now.
    I want to build a sweestakes website. In this website i will create many sweestakes page. Each page had a form, people need to write name/ mail etc to join this event. Its good if i can collect data from it.
    I dont have a real-life friend to tell me what to learn, can someone guide me the right path so i can save a lot of time.
    If you are me, how will you make this website ? (like using wp/ html/ or php website, about landing page, zip other website or use plugin like...etc...)
    I read a lot, but things become more and more complicated.
    Give me a map so i wont lost my way

youngadachi, Jun 2, 2017 IP
  2. Blank ™

Blank ™ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Considering that you have little to no knowledge, creating something from scratch for sure will a mission impossible. One-click Wordpress install + something from https://wordpress.org/plugins/tags/sweepstakes/ should do the trick.

Blank ™, Jun 2, 2017 IP
  3. youngadachi

youngadachi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi thank for your answer.
    I dont need to create it in 1 week. I just want to know what should i learn to create a website like this, i can learn for 1 month or 1 year just for it. But i want to make sure i dont walk in wrong road

youngadachi, Jun 2, 2017 IP
  4. Franciscus Pruis

Franciscus Pruis Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What about learning web development at Udemy. They have special at the moment for $10.

Franciscus Pruis, Jun 5, 2017 IP
    matt_62 likes this.
  5. Blank ™

Blank ™ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Start learning PHP & SQL - the rest will come. :) HTML/CSS and JS are essential, but those are just meant to display information to the user, not to provide the core functionality, therefore only after the core'll be in place.

Blank ™, Jun 5, 2017 IP
  6. Gihan

Gihan Member

Best Answers:
    Google, youtube will help you to do self study on Web Development.

First learn HTML & CSS
    it would be easy if you have a frind or colleague who does web designing or development. try to create a simple mock-up using HTML and CSS

not a hard job.. its easy to learn. you will get bit familiar with terms soon.

also download a free script or temple (something simple) and read whats in it..
    (if you need a script, just inbox ya mail.. I will send you a script)

then after that you can simply move to learn JavaScripts/ jQuary, Mysql databases, PHP, mysqli or PDO extension etc, etc.. don't worry, its easy to learn. (I did it by my self.. anyway I had a friend who helped me)

Gihan, Jun 15, 2017 IP
  7. jackburd

jackburd Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can find free tutorials in google and Youtube but they are all scattered. You have no direction in learning. Taking online courses is the best way to learn online. Udemy is a good option.

jackburd, Jul 4, 2017 IP
  8. John__Smith

John__Smith Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi. If you are not skilled in this, it would be better for you to apply to professionals. I would advise you to choose ready website template here: https:/www.templatemonster.com/?aff=monst13
    You can ask for help of the support team and they will help to choose appropriate CMS, design, domain and hosting for your website. You don't need to spend extra money or your time. By the way, if you use the following promo-code 'fwn5430eo7kyptbzyn68ixqun', you will get 10% discount.

John__Smith, Jul 6, 2017 IP
  9. Blake Hooper

Blake Hooper Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd build it on Wordpress, heaps of wordpress tutorials available on youtube. From how to by a domain to hosting and setting up your wordpress site. Also its simple to choose a theme for your site as there are heaps to choose from.

Blake Hooper, Jul 10, 2017 IP
  10. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well this its a complicated thing as someone must to explain yout like 1 week or 2 .Best go to youtube and search how to instal a wordpress site ,then search another videos etc

Spartan14, Jul 12, 2017 IP
  11. Bramh Rana

Bramh Rana Member

Best Answers:
    Start html,css,js learn then make a website using them

Bramh Rana, Jul 13, 2017 IP
  12. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you're new in this field and want to learn about website designing, so start with HTML5 and CSS3. You can watch tutorials on Youtube about this. And you can also learn about HTML and CSS at W3C www.w3.org

Sumit_Singh, Jul 17, 2017 IP
  13. alfieindesigns

alfieindesigns Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with @Blank ™, since your main concern is more on programming i.e. making a "sweepstakes website." Then when your done with the core, you can then start learning html/css to display it.

alfieindesigns, Jul 24, 2017 IP
  14. ractors

ractors Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Learn WordPress. Easy and simple and advance enough to handle complex requirements.

ractors, Aug 15, 2017 IP
  15. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    When you first get started, it can be extremely overwhelming.
    As someone else said before, udemy is a great place to start learning some basic skills. There are even free courses on some sites that might start to give you a better foundation. Udemy is a great place to learn the basics (just only buy if the course is cheap / on special)

Dont aim too big for learning. Just start with something simple, aim to create a simple page, and get it hosted online. For the purpose of learning, and having fun, you can use a free domain name (look up .tk) and look up free hosting.

matt_62, Aug 16, 2017 IP
  16. SmileServe

SmileServe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on whether you want to learn how to do everything yourself. If not and you have the appropriate budget then it would be better to outsource this, you can likely find someone on this forum.

SmileServe, Aug 16, 2017 IP