1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is there any money on running a forum?

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by KaiContent, Nov 2, 2010.

1. FW-David

FW-David Peon

Best Answers:
    When I used to make forums here and there, I always set a goal for myself. For example, if you wanted to open a forum revolving around the internet, think about DigitalPoint and it's success. It's just a simple philosophy of mine. Motivate yourself, get your forum big and don't worry about getting money until you are well into the development of your forum and community.

FW-David, Dec 28, 2010 IP
  2. bigeguide

bigeguide Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    So i get see what proplem is.traffic is come value of course everybody knows that.But if you have lot of traffic then what?Just need traffic into profit but it sounds easy.First of all,need product and need to build a email list.If could be advertise be good valuable,then no problem.So i think big problem is how to choose niche.I can suggest you best niche(money&success) you can learn something while you make traffic.That is keep learning process which needs skills that relationships as who like to buy from friends.

bigeguide, Oct 19, 2016 IP
  3. BaskingRock

BaskingRock Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would be involved with the industry you are a trying to create the forum for before.

If you could get a surge of sign ups at once it will much easier.

The problem with starting a forum is that if it is a ghost town others will not want to post. I would become an influencer in your field first.

BaskingRock, Jun 3, 2017 IP
  4. vamert

vamert Member

Best Answers:
    If you know how to play marketing strategy you can earn from forum. Also other source of income in forum is by affiliating to such advertisement company, sample is this "adsense"

vamert, Jun 3, 2017 IP
  5. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    ...and how many forums do you run?

Agent000, Jun 3, 2017 IP
  6. vamert

vamert Member

Best Answers:
    Currently, i'm working on a website, which is affiliated to some company. Since i need to build my community, I didn't create yet a forum community.

vamert, Jun 3, 2017 IP
  7. Agent000

Best Answers:
    So how do you know there is money to be made from forums like you claimed above?

Agent000, Jun 3, 2017 IP
  8. vamert

vamert Member

Best Answers:
    There is no different running advertisement to a plain website and a forum site.

vamert, Jun 3, 2017 IP
  9. Agent000

Best Answers:
    How do you know that when you claim to have no experience in running a forum!!!! You should not be posting advice on things that you clearly have no experience of, yet alone any expertise in.

Agent000, Jun 3, 2017 IP
  10. Upeor1991

Upeor1991 Peon

Best Answers:
    Indeed, the creation and promotion of the forum will not bring a lot of money. It should be considered as a hobby, but not as the main income.

Upeor1991, Dec 7, 2022 IP