1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can I use Scraped Content Found via web.archive?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Vineet Gupta, May 27, 2017.

While searching for Expired Domains & looking at its history via web.archive.org I see some expired domains still have content on it.
    When I check that content on google, its deindexed from there. In Plagrism checking tools also it shows 90%-95% unique.

**Questions:**
    1) Can I use such content?
    2) If Yes, where? (Own Blog? Guest Blog? PBN? Web 2.0?, etc.??)
    3) Can there be any copyright issues?

Thanks in advance

Vineet Gupta, May 27, 2017 IP
  2. hoadongtien

hoadongtien Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think it does not matter. However much of this information is outdated, it will be of little value to the reader.

hoadongtien, May 29, 2017 IP
    ssaxena07 likes this.
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The content has been developed by someone who still owns the copyright to it. Just because a website is expired does not mean that the author has lost ownership of the copyright. Here's an example: if a book is no longer being actively published can you blatantly use excerpts from it as your own? Of course not as the copyright is still owned by the original author. It is no different with an inactive website. In fact, you did find it online in the archives which is proof of the original ownership of the content should the owner want to go after you for using his content. Developing your own content is the best way to go.

jrbiz, May 30, 2017 IP
    ssaxena07 and billzo like this.
  4. LilibethSantos

LilibethSantos Member

Best Answers:
    If the owner finds out, they can definitely take legal action against you. You may also be in hot water with Google Adsense or other advertisers if they detect that you are using plagiarized content. If you register their old domain and take their archived content, they may also send a report to your registrar. Do so at your own risk.

LilibethSantos, May 30, 2017 IP
  5. robert4u

robert4u Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There is no shortcut, to get indexed in google, you will need to write your own and work hard for that.

robert4u, May 30, 2017 IP
  6. archivarix

archivarix Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    1) Yes - you can download it and use, but...
    2) It is better to use it on expired domains, free blog platform etc. It must be cheap or free. Do not try to use it on some expensive sites.
    3) Yes - 99% previous owners never know about it. 1% will write abuse. It is nothing serious - you just need to delete content. I have private blog network for seo whit recreated domains, and I know how does it works.

archivarix, Oct 12, 2017 IP
  7. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, you cannot use it and yes, there are copyright issues. Copyright does not die if the website goes offline. Someone digging through dead website archives looking for content to use is pretty desperate.

billzo, Oct 15, 2017 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  8. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Using any content from the web is obviously a copyright issue and creating your own content is highly advisable to everyone.

KylieSweet, Oct 22, 2017 IP
  9. David Morrison

David Morrison Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No, it's a violation of copyright. You shouldn't.

David Morrison, Nov 4, 2017 IP
  10. Bella Lopez

Bella Lopez Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Even if the content is deindexed from Google, the rightful owner still holds the copyright of the content. So, you must be careful about using it.

However if you still want to go ahead with it, just try to take inspiration from it and rewrite it in your own words. I have seen many people draw inspiration from other articles and given a whole new dimension to it with their own thoughts. You should do something like that, but don't copy it.

Bella Lopez, Jan 7, 2018 IP
  11. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I suggest that you avoid that. However, if you get expressed permission then go for it.

usasportstraining, Jan 8, 2018 IP